Need help setting up a Poker Run due to a terrible tragedy!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 06:04 PM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
Need help setting up a Poker Run due to a terrible tragedy!

Hey all,
I am sure you guys would be willing to help. I feel a need to do something to help this single mom during the most horrible tragedy possible, The loss of her only daughter on Christmas Day! She has been focusing the negative energy of the loss of her little girl by trying to raise as much money in her name as she can. My wife had the idea of a poker run.
Please feel free to donate, however what I had in mind was setting up a Poker Run from say .. Tampa to Naples or Fort Myers? I am sure this will be a huge thing to organize so I will take all the help I can get. Please sound off and let me know
100% of all proceeds will go to the mothers choice of charity.
a) A good time and Date
b) A good Route.
c) Good stops to make between these locations.
Heres her story,
Hundreds mourn 3-year-old Piper Buckley
Posted: Dec 28, 2009 5:08 PM

FORT MYERS: Hundreds gathered at a memorial service in Fort Myers for three-year-old Piper Lynne Buckley – daughter of former Everblades standout Tom Buckley and business owner Heather Holland. She died unexpectedly on Christmas Day.
Piper was born three month premature in 2006. But in her short life, she helped raised tens of thousands of dollars for the NICU - Neonatal Intensive Care Unit - at HealthPark Children's Hospital.
With all of the cars lined up at Fort Myers Memorial Gardens Monday, it was easy to see that many people wanted to remember the life of Piper Buckley. And many of those people in attendance were wearing blue – Piper's favorite color.
Since Piper's birth, her parents have raised thousands of dollars to help premature babies in Southwest Florida.
They used their story to help raise donations to expand HealthPark's NICU.
Deputies with the Lee County Sheriff's Office explained Piper wasn't feeling well and went to bed on Christmas Day. Officials say her father kept checking on her and during one of those checks, he found that Piper was not breathing.
Piper's parents are asking that gifts in her memory be made to the "Piper Buckley NICU Fund" at Lee Memorial Health System. Those donations can be made here,
or sent to: Lee Memorial Health System Foundation
P.O. Box 2218
Fort Myers, FL 33902

Old 01-02-2010, 07:55 PM
Banned
997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !
Shawn,
That is truly some horrible news. We send our regards to her family and all of her loved ones. We would like to contribute in this run by donating some Prizes and gifts. We would also like to offer our our facility as the final stop. From past Poker Run experiences, I know that my participants like longer routes. Please pm me and we will work something out

Regards,
RS1 Team

Old 01-03-2010, 06:54 AM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
I really appreciate it!