Runway event in Miami - March 14th

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 10:45 AM
HiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond repute
What happened to the R33 Skyline? I was getting food when i saw smoke coming out from under the car...

Old 03-15-2010, 11:20 AM
The Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura about
I never met Eddie Bello before but, after his 230's run, I had to shake that mans hand. That car is wicked to watch try and plant all that power. Truly amazing. I felt nervous for him a few times I gotta say,...watching that thing DART across the track, putting down the power...wow.

I noticed he runs a regular radial.... why not a TOYO RA1? They are amazing tires,... they'd probably be soo much better then what he's running.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:21 AM
The Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
Evoms went 231mph in a 03 911 Turbo a year ago.
IF this 236 run is confirmed, it will be a new Porsche world record.
I would be interesred to see what timing equipment was used in this FL event. If I recall correctly, they used a speed gun at the first one which does not calculate the speed the same way as it is in TX.

Oh,..thought it was a 996,..my bad.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:22 AM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tito
Just for the record

A- It's confirmed a NEW WORLD RECORD for ANY Porsche in a one mile run.

B-The timing equipment we use is the same exact brand make model AND they also are the ones who send their equipment to the TEXAS MILE.
Just for your Info also.. Timing equipment is only as good as the person who sets it up.. Ive been involved with landspeed for over 7 years and if the timing lights are 1" or 2" off the speeds change by a HUGE MARGIN..

Id be interested to hear what GPS speeds people were coming up with in Comparison..

Mike

Old 03-15-2010, 11:28 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by The Fixed Roof.
Oh,..thought it was a 996,..my bad.
A 996 is a 911

Old 03-15-2010, 11:39 AM
Chris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud of
Not your grandma's Cadillac!! We hit 153+mph yesterday with Jamie (The Fixed Roof) driving the 600+hp '09 Cadillac CTS-V:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nyuv7olkpDI

Old 03-15-2010, 11:41 AM
Chris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud of
Some of the lineup from yesterday:

Old 03-15-2010, 02:06 PM
GaryZ06 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Chris G
Some of the lineup from yesterday:

Do you have any pics of my beast? Red Z06 car # 1

Old 03-15-2010, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
A 996 is a 911

Your my hero.

Old 03-15-2010, 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Just for your Info also.. Timing equipment is only as good as the person who sets it up.. Ive been involved with landspeed for over 7 years and if the timing lights are 1" or 2" off the speeds change by a HUGE MARGIN..

Id be interested to hear what GPS speeds people were coming up with in Comparison..

Mike
The Ford GT probably had an AWD EVO drivetrain in it,.. since theres no way a RWD american car could go that quick.

Originally Posted by Chris G
Not your grandma's Cadillac!! We hit 153+mph yesterday with Jamie (The Fixed Roof) driving the 600+hp '09 Cadillac CTS-V:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nyuv7olkpDI
Dammit...I can't see you tube at work. Gonna try another PC here. Very nice picture by the way man of the starting line,...looks badass!!! So many sick vehicles.

Old 03-15-2010, 02:23 PM
Insported is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by HiProfile Robs
What happened to the R33 Skyline? I was getting food when i saw smoke coming out from under the car...
That would of been the hole being created through the side of the block :/, we came with two cars Joe in his R33 and Scott in the Blue Supra, We were having problems with the supra all day and couldn't figure out why it was missing until we noticed one of the parts that was polished and then clear coated was also a mounting point for a ground (Owner had a bunch of stuff polished and cleared in the engine bay).. Fixed that car ran great on low boost which ended up with a best of 195mph. But high boost kept missing so hopefully next time we wont be down 350whp

Old 03-15-2010, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by Insported
That would of been the hole being created through the side of the block :/, we came with two cars Joe in his R33 and Scott in the Blue Supra, We were having problems with the supra all day and couldn't figure out why it was missing until we noticed one of the parts that was polished and then clear coated was also a mounting point for a ground (Owner had a bunch of stuff polished and cleared in the engine bay).. Fixed that car ran great on low boost which ended up with a best of 195mph. But high boost kept missing so hopefully next time we wont be down 350whp

damn.

Sorry to hear about the block. Sucks...

Old 03-15-2010, 06:07 PM
Tito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud of
1988 911 Carrera Single Turbo- 193 MPH-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5ebkIGv8bA

Old 03-15-2010, 06:36 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Congrats to Eddie Bello on a great run!

Old 03-15-2010, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by Tito
1988 911 Carrera Single Turbo- 193 MPH-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5ebkIGv8bA
That video made me literally go, "Jesus!!!" - Good god, it's one thing to watch your car but seeing it from the interior view is ridiculous.

That car is bonkers!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Runway event in Miami - March 14th