Miami Mile-4/25/2010

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 12:22 PM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tom@Rennsport-1
Even for spectators? If so, then I guess that's not so bad. I just assumed the lunch and all that was for participants.
Yes, lunch is to all paid participants whether it be spectator or actual driver...

Old 04-23-2010, 12:25 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by slavik
Yes, lunch is to all paid participants whether it be spectator or actual driver...
OK so I think I might stop by now. Hopefully I can motivate myself to make the drive when Sunday morning rolls around...lol

Old 04-23-2010, 01:51 PM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
look forward to seeing you and everyone else there...

Old 04-24-2010, 02:16 PM
one more day...

Old 04-24-2010, 08:21 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tom@Rennsport-1
Just found the link....

http://www.exoticsrally.com/events.cfm

YIKES!! $50 for spectators. Looks like I'll be spending Sunday at the beach instead.
50.00 to spectate.. LOL Tough to build the sport up when they choke you just to go watch.. Not to mention there isnt a lot to see..

450.00 to run as well..

Mike

Old 04-24-2010, 09:43 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
50.00 to spectate.. LOL Tough to build the sport up when they choke you just to go watch.. Not to mention there isnt a lot to see..

450.00 to run as well..

Mike
I kind of agree. I thought about it and I think the beach wins my "to do" contest for tomorrow. It's nice that they're offering food and drinks to spectators, but I usually bring my own, and at the last couple events it was only $10 or $15 to spectate.

Old 04-24-2010, 10:48 PM
oscar_driver is infamous around these parts
ON the very first event-first run @ the airport (the 2 mile - 200 MPH) there was NO FEE to toast @ the sun while having fun watching other people have fun -snakes bites are included- ... yet, $5, or $10 are not only understandable but perhaps fair, now, $50 is OUTRAGEOUS and ridiculous, most people bring their own drinks, and PURCHASE if necessary, believe me, 99.9% of the people here can afford $50, but we are not watching F1 or Indy or ALMS here come on.

If price was $10, I'd be with 6 others tomorrow cheering for the super/exotic kids and their toys, but $50 sounds like a joke.

Oscar

Old 04-24-2010, 10:51 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by oscar_driver
ON the very first event-first run @ the airport (the 2 mile - 200 MPH) there was NO FEE to toast @ the sun while having fun watching other people have fun -snakes bites are included- ... yet, $5, or $10 are not only understandable but perhaps fair, now, $50 is OUTRAGEOUS and ridiculous, most people bring their own drinks, and PURCHASE if necessary, believe me, 99.9% of the people here can afford $50, but we are not watching F1 or Indy or ALMS here come on.

If price was $10, I'd be with 6 others tomorrow cheering for the super/exotic kids and their toys, but $50 sounds like a joke.

Oscar
I agree.. We can all afford it but TAXING the spectators for 50.00?? The only way to get people to come and spend $$ to race is to give them a taste by spectating..

Mike

Old 04-24-2010, 11:07 PM
ptphotography is just really niceptphotography is just really niceptphotography is just really niceptphotography is just really nice
I agree with you guys about the price. I would have loved to make it down from Gainesville, but for $50 I won't even consider it. I was at Sebring last Friday for the Celebration track day for 6 hours and didn't pay a cent to get in. Allowed anywhere around the track and there was a Ferrari Challenge Race in between. Thats how you should do it...

Old 04-25-2010, 10:59 AM
Tito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud of
There's other venues that are a lot more affordable with a lot more cars First thing that it comes to mind is that they want to keep all of us away and make it a "private party" I would love to see the results.

Old 04-25-2010, 11:06 AM
Jroc is infamous around these partsJroc is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Tito
There's other venues that are a lot more affordable with a lot more cars First thing that it comes to mind is that they want to keep all of us away and make it a "private party" I would love to see the results.

Thats the same feeling I got.

I was going to caravan down there for 6-10 people, but im not giving them 400+ between us.

Cant wait to hear the results though.

Old 04-25-2010, 07:25 PM
GaryZ06 is infamous around these parts
I have done three 1 Mile events here in Miami and paid $100 for the first one a $150 for the next two....They were all $5 to spectate.....

Old 04-26-2010, 12:06 PM
blaze is infamous around these parts
$50 to spectate?

Last edited by blaze; 04-26-2010 at 12:09 PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:44 PM
price reflects a lot of things guys...its not simply just charging a number that may seem high to some but it is due to several reasons, including but not limited too, Airport Rental, Insurance, Permits, Rescue Team, Tents, Portable Toilets, Advertising, Promotional Gifts, Rain Event insurance (which would reimburse everyone had in rained) And many more items not listed. At the end of the day everyone makes a choice, you either participate or not...

Old 04-26-2010, 01:46 PM
Banned
Hllywood has a spectacular aura aboutHllywood has a spectacular aura aboutHllywood has a spectacular aura about
For that kind of money, surely the timing equipment is top-notch.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Miami Mile-4/25/2010