French cars Got a Bugatti? A Hispano Suiza or a Citroen Traction Avant? Here is your forum

Top Gear Filming with not one but THREE Bugatti Veyron loaners in the UAE!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 01:34 AM
4Thirty is a jewel in the rough4Thirty is a jewel in the rough4Thirty is a jewel in the rough
Top Gear Filming with not one but THREE Bugatti Veyron loaners in the UAE!!!

ABU DHABI - Psst, buddy, can you spare me a sports car? Yes, evidently, three of them. This weekend Top Gear, the UK-based car magazine, which is in the country for a photo shoot, sent out an urgent request for an unusual car, the million-dollar Bugatti Veyron.

It was hoping for one. Instead, it was offered three of the vehicles, which cost more than Dhs 4.4 million (USD $1.2m) each. “No other place in the world could we have found three Bugattis in a span of 48 hours,” said a relieved Charlie Turner, the creative director for the magazine.

the cars were tracked down by the Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority and belong to local owners who wish to remain anonymous. Built by Volkswagen, the 1,000-horsepower vehicle can reach 255 MPH (407 KPH). One car in the shoot, a gleaming aluminium-bodied model, is one of only five in the world.

The Corniche area and Jabel Hafeet were briefly closed off for the shoot, which featured the Stig, Top Gear’s mysterious, overall-clad driver. Top Gear, paired with a BBC television show of the same name, sells more than a million copies a month.

Well here we are folks in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Top Gear UK’s favorite and definitely my favorite TV show and magazine is filming with THREE Bugatti Veyrons. The BBC show’s crew was jaw droppingly surprised to find all 3 loaner Bugatti Veyrons. The team racecar driver THE STIG was also there. All the Veyrons were heading to the Marina Mall in downtown Abu Dhabi. Transport Officers had to close several roads for the photoshoot.

Oh almost forgot, part of the shoot was on top of the Jabel Hafeet mountains, and the amazing roads leading upto and through it. Boy, would this be a helluva fun joyride!

More Pics of the this superb driving road
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...5&postcount=10

Lastly, there is also a rumor going around that there was a Koenigsegg CCX spotted during the photoshoot. So will they do some sort of a race with THE STIG, involving the 3 Veryons & the CCX?? Anybody’s guess but I defnitely cannot wait for the 11th season of this show to get started here shortly this summer. Oh and I really hope they get something with the US version up and going, too bad Jay Leno refused to host it.

From http://www.passatworld.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=264636

Old 05-24-2008, 02:15 PM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 4Thirty
too bad Jay Leno refused to host it.
Indeed.

Old 05-28-2008, 09:52 AM
auclutch is infamous around these parts
that's sweet. wish I could see the whole vid though.

the vid below is one I took of a veyron for sale here in Seoul at a local dealership when I went to trade in my gt3.

http://kr.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk3EglI7ZRs

there are several veyron's here in korea too just driving around town randomly. i've seen a street race b/w a zonda f, a ccx, and a veyron as well. you can probably find the video online somewhere as well. two of my close buddies also have veyrons and they are fast as crap. it basically took a dump on my slr which felt like a civic. too bad they sell for a cool usd 4 mil here...

anyways, thanks for sharing!

Last edited by auclutch; 05-28-2008 at 09:56 AM.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:19 PM
j.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of light
heres a photo of the Koenigsegg taken by my friend in dubai

Old 08-30-2008, 02:09 PM
Banned
mwfpolska is infamous around these parts
" Some say his droppings have been found as far north as York. And that he has a full-size tattoo of his face - on his face."

The Stig is the man.

Old 08-31-2008, 08:26 AM
moschin0 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by j.a.cadet
heres a photo of the Koenigsegg taken by my friend in dubai

niice

Old 09-19-2008, 03:26 PM
Mr G is infamous around these parts
Quite an incredible sight.

I purchased the magazine and enjoyed reading the article which was a good read. Eventhough the Veyron does nothing for me personally, i'd have to agree it is an engineering masterpiece and should always be remembered. Epic car.

Regards
Mr G.

Old 09-23-2008, 02:18 PM
HRD SEL is infamous around these parts
Looks awesome!

Particularly love the tinted windshields.