Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

Gladiator Cabinets

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 07:03 PM
tsmithmdtx is infamous around these parts
Gladiator Cabinets

I am currently building a house and came across these cabinets in a catalog. Look pretty good and the price is right. Anyone have experience with these and any feedback?

Old 10-23-2007, 12:44 AM
Senna is a jewel in the roughSenna is a jewel in the roughSenna is a jewel in the rough
Very lightweight, cheaply manufactured, red-neck diamond plate look.
You get what you pay for.

Does that help...

Old 10-23-2007, 02:16 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Senna
Very lightweight, cheaply manufactured, red-neck diamond plate look.
You get what you pay for.

Does that help...
Well. I guess I must be a red-neck...Sheesh...

I bought the gladiator system for my garage. Similar to other garage systems, the cabinets are modular....they are designed either for direct mounting, or onto their track system. The tracks are about 4 feet in length, and are mounted on the walls by drywall screws. Each cabinet can be either directly mounted, mounted to tracking, or floor units can be converted with castor wheels.

The cabinets can either be purchased pre-assembled, or DIY assembly. The advantage of the Gladiator system is that they can be assembled for a DIY project, rather than something like GarageTek.

Modular tracks have multiple components.

See http://www.gladiatorgw.com/

Old 10-23-2007, 01:44 PM
Senna is a jewel in the roughSenna is a jewel in the roughSenna is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by bbywu
Well. I guess I must be a red-neck...Sheesh...

I bought the gladiator system for my garage. Similar to other garage systems, the cabinets are modular....they are designed either for direct mounting, or onto their track system. The tracks are about 4 feet in length, and are mounted on the walls by drywall screws. Each cabinet can be either directly mounted, mounted to tracking, or floor units can be converted with castor wheels.

The cabinets can either be purchased pre-assembled, or DIY assembly. The advantage of the Gladiator system is that they can be assembled for a DIY project, rather than something like GarageTek.

Modular tracks have multiple components.

See http://www.gladiatorgw.com/
No offense meant Bobby.

I have internal Whirlpool marketing data/objections from the Gladiator launch a few years ago. The demographics they site are not driving Porsche's. But rather run deep into the Nascar community.

A storage solutions' durability and relevance are of high importance to me.
the Gladiator product offers scant interior volume and very light-gauge construction. The look was innovative and pretty cool when it launched, but they have neither improved upon, or augmented the original offering.

I esspecially dislike the tall cabinets, they are only 18" deep and a very irrelevant / ineficient 66" tall. (This height pretty much gaurantees that you will place somthing ontop of - instead of inside of the cabinets.) This makes for a very cluttered space.

I should have worded my reply differently.

A - There are better options available.

Old 11-01-2007, 07:33 PM
tsmithmdtx is infamous around these parts
I haven't checked the post in awhile but appreciate the feedback.

Any suggestions on better brands to look at? I am not a redneck but do live in the south so maybe the gladiators are for me.

Old 11-01-2007, 09:44 PM
jaffster is infamous around these parts
How much do you want to spend?

How many cabinets do you need?

Wall space dimensions?

You can spend $2500 or $25000, I'm assuming from the Gladiator topic though you are looking to spend around $2500 for a 10-12' wall unit?

Do you need a work bench area, or just wall/tall cabinets?

Old 11-26-2007, 01:09 PM
silvElise is infamous around these parts
Are these really that bad? I am lookign to clean up my garage and add cabinets. I am not lookign for top of the line, but I dont want it to break, or cheap ply wood. I don't mind the look I agree they can look cheap if the garage is not done right.

Old 11-26-2007, 05:01 PM
jaffster is infamous around these parts
You get what you pay for...

Moduline has some pretty decent pricing, i would check them out. Baldhead is a little more, and Vault is a little more than those.

Old 11-26-2007, 09:20 PM
RickyN F355 is infamous around these partsRickyN F355 is infamous around these parts
ive got the gladiators and i love them...i have a pretty high end home and everyone who sees my garage is a fan.

click towards the end, pics arent great but u can get an idea of how ive got them set up...

Last edited by RickyN F355; 01-24-2011 at 06:31 PM.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:22 AM
silvElise is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RickyN F355
ive got the gladiators and i love them...i have a pretty high end home and everyone who sees my garage is a fan.

click towards the end, pics arent great but u can get an idea of how ive got them set up...

http://picasaweb.google.com/Ricky.Nardis/430
Nice garage and car!
I don't really have a high end home (that will come some day). So I am just really looking for something that looks nice and will hold my items. Looking at your garage I think the gladiator line will work perfectly.

Old 11-27-2007, 11:19 AM
RickyN F355 is infamous around these partsRickyN F355 is infamous around these parts
yeah i think u will be happy...im the type that rarely goes budget on anything and when i looked at the price of the stuff griot sells and then compared to gladiator the quality of gladiator made it an easy decision for me.

Old 11-27-2007, 10:15 PM
pcruz8 is infamous around these parts
Go to a big-box hardware store and check them out. I was killing some time at a Lowes the other day and tested out the Gladiator cabinets. Poorly made imho. Drawers were flimsy and slid out pretty roughly. The entire line seems to be focused more on aesthetics than functionality/durability

Old 11-28-2007, 06:41 AM
there are 2 lines of gladiator stuff, i dont know about the lesser one but the better line is fine for me.