Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

Garage's Lets See Them

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 07:21 PM
MN911 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by oufly2
Nice car MN911,
I love all my Mazdas great bang for the buck. I'm thinking of a 911 or cayman S to replace the miata, but it would be hard. The miata is pretty much unbeatable in local autocrossing, I have never had a Porsche or ZO6 even come close.(not looking for an argument,fact)

I would like to switch more to a track car but the miata is great there as well, I love the convertible on the track it sounds and feels awesome.Sat in the Cayman was not very comfortable the seats were too small, would have to spend some good money on a 911 track car. It's tough I love that little car, I hope to someday be able to replace it with a GT3RS but that may take a while.

How do you like your 911?, the best thing about the miata is if I put it into the woods I would not be crushed, emotionally or financially and that allows me to drive 100% at Limerock or Poconno without having too worry.

That protege is it a P5? I had a P5 before trading to the Mazdaspeed. I have two new Brembo rotors for the P5 you can have if they fit?

The 911 is a lot of fun (I've only had it since June). It's hard to say if I like it any more than my Mazdaspeed Miata...they each have their pros and cons. I would ideally like both but don't have the space. The only reason I got rid of the Miata was because at the time I was moving and it wasn't a good time to have three cars (i would have had to put it in storage for about 9 months). I would be tempted to get another one if they come out with another Mazdaspeed version with the Speed 3 motor in it (I hear it's in the works).

Thanks for the Brembo offer. Ours is an ES sedan which I think use the same as the P5. I will send you a PM at some point if I'm interested. At this point I'm not sure how much longer we will have the car.

Old 11-27-2007, 08:06 PM
DM1
DM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond repute
+1 Garages

Attached Images   
Old 12-04-2007, 09:02 AM
doctorv8 is a jewel in the roughdoctorv8 is a jewel in the roughdoctorv8 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Fastback

Yes, I have odd taste in automobiles.
Very cool that you have an 80's aero-bird! Tell me more about it if you get a chance...I don't have enough posts to PM you, but I've got an 85 30th ann car in my collection....never thought I'd see a pic of one here while researching my garage build options....

You can reach me at sanjay dot mehta at usoncology.com.

Regards,

Sanjay

Old 12-04-2007, 11:07 AM
Fastback is infamous around these parts
You're not nearly as surprised to see one here as I am to find someone who appreciates them. Mine is an '83. I built it primarily because I'd done a bunch of 5.0 Mustangs and wanted to do something that was a little different. People don't see this coming until it's too late.

I replaced the original 302 CFI motor with a 331 stroker with Comp Cam, AFR 185 heads and GT 40 intake. It breathes through equal length shorties, 2 1/5 inch duals and Flowmaster 40s. It has a Lentech AOD and a Mustang 8.8 with an Auburn posi and 3:73s. It has Hotchkis lower control arms and boxed uppers. It's running Granetelli coilovers on all four corners. It's tied together with Mustang subframe connectors. I currently have it pulled apart because I'm upgrading to Cobra four wheel discs and five lugs. I'll also be replacing the dated wheels with 18 inch Bullitt replicas. At some point I'd like to put a Pro Charger on it, but I have a lot of other things going on right now, so it won't be in the near future. This is a scan of an old photo (taken around 1997), before the coilovers, so it sits a little lower now.

Last edited by Fastback; 12-04-2007 at 11:13 AM.
Old 12-15-2007, 02:36 PM
doctorv8 is a jewel in the roughdoctorv8 is a jewel in the roughdoctorv8 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Fastback
At some point I'd like to put a Pro Charger on it
Very cool! I'd highly recommend a Kenne Bell over the Procharger, though. I have had a couple of centrifugal blown cars, but on an automatic TBird, you'll be way happier with the low end response of a twin screw.

My 85 is all stock, with 29,000 original miles. Bought it 6 years back from the original owner, since it was an exact clone of my college car. Time warp, for sure. Hard to believe a 5 liter motor with 140 HP was the best they could do!

Do send me an email when you get a chance...DoctorV8 at gmail.

Regards,

Sanjay

Old 02-05-2008, 09:57 PM
RobtVanBC is infamous around these parts
What brand of tiles are those?

Old 02-06-2008, 11:21 AM
Fastback is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RobtVanBC
What brand of tiles are those?
I assume you're asking about my tiles. If so, they are an off brand marketed by a place called Garage Junkies. You can sometimes find them on ebay. They're not as heavily constructed as Racedeck, but they're much cheaper. I've had them down for two years and have had absolutely zero problems out of them. They come in a bunch of different colors. If I had to do it over, I may have done black and gray instead of black and white. The white is a ***** to keep clean.

Old 06-06-2008, 07:55 AM
wheeltectampa is infamous around these parts
nice clean garage.