Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

New Garage with an attached House

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 11:37 AM
Bif Powell is infamous around these parts
We are shooting for mid-June for the whole house to be done. We are on track as long as wood-floors go well this week.

Old 05-25-2008, 08:50 AM
Got permission from the city to start moving stuff into the new garage and excavated areas as long as we stay 3ft from the walls for final inspection. Here's a panorama of my old garage and why I'm ready to get out of the 2 car and into the 4 car. There's even a couple cars missing from this picture (wife's MB wagon and my Suburban)

Old 06-05-2008, 08:10 PM
Update: Primed - getting so close, we can taste it...literally

Plus a little bit of why we're getting excited - dark-stained cherry end-cap - we love wood

Old 06-05-2008, 08:52 PM
DaveKrek is just really niceDaveKrek is just really niceDaveKrek is just really niceDaveKrek is just really nice
Nice !

I hope I can see it some day. If you need any 2 wheelers PM me

Cheers
Dave

Old 06-05-2008, 11:27 PM
Thanks - well there's never need for much more of an excuse than to give a guy a look at a 997S

So anytime...

I followed your project - mostly interested in your spancrete configuration (and that kick-*** landscaping) - there are only 2 other residential applications that I've seen like that locally.

Here's my engineering for it.

Also does anyone have any ideas on how to trim (not to cut; just like an aesthetic trim) over the water-proofing membrane you see sticking up around the entire perimeter between the flatwork and the walls. It sticks up about 6" and I can't really cut it down - only to where it's attached I suppose. I talked to one guy at the motorplex in chan who had this problem and used like 3' planks of currogated steel up the wall(or other metal - think Tijuana roofing? ) running around the perimeter. My tile guys wants to tile it, my millwork guy wants to put base around it, my bank wants me to leave it flap in the wind

Anyone have any ideas/experience? I'm leaning towards tile myself - or maybe a copper flashing <-$$$?!

Here's the membrane sticking up. It's more smooth than that, the painters taped it off but you get the idea.

Old 06-06-2008, 07:58 AM
wheeltectampa is infamous around these parts
please post the final pictures when you are finished

Old 06-06-2008, 09:25 AM
thull is infamous around these parts
There is a white plastic that is used in commercial kitchens that may work for the trim, it comes in 4x8 sheets and has a slight texture to it.

It would work well for washing cars inside and not having to worry about overspray.

It is also really cheap, but looks OK. Certainly wouldn't be as nice as copper or tile though.

Old 06-06-2008, 09:51 AM
What's it called - sounds kind of like waintcoting? Where can I get it? A more important question at this point is can I get it fast and is it fast to install? Who installs it? How is it attached? If it's cheap enough, I wouldn't mind it as a temporary thing so I can just get done and get occupancy (waiting to hear back if this will be a code issue - don't think it will be.)

Old 06-29-2008, 08:16 AM
Catalyst is infamous around these parts
nice garage cant wait to see the finals!

Old 07-02-2008, 06:20 AM
FATHERFORD is infamous around these parts
Nice setup! I went from a 2 car garage and a 1200sqft shop, down to a 2 car garage when I moved... I feel you paint about having all that "junk".

Old 07-02-2008, 10:07 AM
Thanks for the comments and suggestions. Got my garage doors yesterday, I'll post an 'after' picture when I have some time, but here is a 'before' with the old house removed. This is a view that I was unable to get previously because I would have to be standing in my old living room to get it I'll also post some pics of the house-move - quite a site.

Old 07-05-2008, 12:00 PM
thull is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Bif Powell
What's it called - sounds kind of like waintcoting? Where can I get it? A more important question at this point is can I get it fast and is it fast to install? Who installs it? How is it attached? If it's cheap enough, I wouldn't mind it as a temporary thing so I can just get done and get occupancy (waiting to hear back if this will be a code issue - don't think it will be.)
Sorry I didn't see this sooner man - I don't know what its called or where to get it, we had a contractor find some for us.

I would imagine it could be at Home Depot though, I've never checked.

Old 07-07-2008, 04:14 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
bebuba is infamous around these parts
Nicely documentated!

Thanks for the effort to keep everyone here updated.
This is a nice execution of a nice project, hopefully you are not too sad that its done!? (Building it can be nice, regardless of the occasional trouble with it.)
Nicely done, if you dont mind, please share some pictures of the whole setup.

Awesome!

Old 07-13-2008, 11:52 AM
FSU-997TT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by thull
There is a white plastic that is used in commercial kitchens that may work for the trim, it comes in 4x8 sheets and has a slight texture to it.

It would work well for washing cars inside and not having to worry about overspray.

It is also really cheap, but looks OK. Certainly wouldn't be as nice as copper or tile though.
It's called FRP.....fiberglass reinfoced plastic wallboard.
http://www.marlite.com/designer-wall...ll-panels.aspx

Old 07-15-2008, 10:52 PM
kevin996 is infamous around these parts
looks nice!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Garage with an attached House