Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

color of garage wall?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 07:02 PM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
color of garage wall?

my new house is just about to be completed. it's been a lot of work since we were given the opportunity to choose various options.

today, i was asked for the color choice for the garage. i honestly have absolutely no idea. i am so used to white that i wasn't sure anything else is acceptable!

anyway, i am thinking of red at this point. any input? i have to let him know tomorrow!

thanks.

Old 04-09-2008, 07:27 PM
tsmithmdtx is infamous around these parts
I am currently building a house and this is the color I went with for the garage. The bottom portion has been painted a darker gray since this picture was taken and looks even better.

Old 04-10-2008, 02:25 AM
Zlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant future
If you want a race feel to the garage then bottom 2/5 in red, a 20cm checkered (sp?) stripe and then the rest in white! So the same scheme as tsmithmdtx but with different colors. Looks great IMO!

Old 04-10-2008, 07:21 AM
WildCJ5 is infamous around these parts
I just did mine and well it is different. I was going to go light gray or white but figured if I get tired of it I will repaint.

Old 04-10-2008, 08:54 AM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
thanks. still no decision. i am going to think about this until lunch and just call them with whatever is on my mind.

Old 04-10-2008, 02:04 PM
gomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant future
white is classic. I'm building a house as well and I'm going with white with a red lift.

Old 04-10-2008, 09:30 PM
Fastback is infamous around these parts
Are you going to do any work in there? If so, go with a light color. It'll reflect more light. The darker colors look awesome but they eat up your light.

Old 04-10-2008, 09:45 PM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by tsmithmdtx
I am currently building a house and this is the color I went with for the garage. The bottom portion has been painted a darker gray since this picture was taken and looks even better.

Seems to me they could have found a better place for that electrical box. Who was the Mensa candidate that chose that location?

Old 04-11-2008, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by 2thfixr
Seems to me they could have found a better place for that electrical box. Who was the Mensa candidate that chose that location?
My thoughts exactly. When I first saw that I was like wtf. It was explained to me that it has something to do with city code compliance. Sounded like BS to me until I drove around a saw everyone elses electrical boxes in the same/similar locations. At least the garage is in the back and not visible to anyone else.

Old 04-11-2008, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by tsmithmdtx
My thoughts exactly. When I first saw that I was like wtf. It was explained to me that it has something to do with city code compliance. Sounded like BS to me until I drove around a saw everyone elses electrical boxes in the same/similar locations. At least the garage is in the back and not visible to anyone else.
put a tree in the front!!

Old 04-11-2008, 06:19 PM
Going to paint it to match the trim.

Old 04-11-2008, 10:32 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
I did my garage walls gray on the bottom and white on the top seperated by a red stripe with a checkerboard decal in the red.

Last edited by Onetime; 04-11-2008 at 10:37 PM.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:34 PM
FerRrari is infamous around these parts
I've been thinking about painting my garage as well, I'm thinking I'll copy tsmithmdtx's color scheme.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:09 PM
kennyjr748 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by trovan
thanks. still no decision. i am going to think about this until lunch and just call them with whatever is on my mind.

what color did you end up going with? Pics?

Old 04-21-2008, 10:41 PM
mr2gork is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by WildCJ5
I just did mine and well it is different. I was going to go light gray or white but figured if I get tired of it I will repaint.

Bones Brigade on the ceiling!