Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

Parking stopper thingys....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 10:03 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Parking stopper thingys....

Anyone know a good place to get something that i can place in my garage so that every time I pull in i go JUST far enough...but not too far to crowd the back wall? Kinda like little stoppers or whatever? I know there are different kinds...some slide around i have heard though.

What are you all using?????

Thanks!

Old 04-15-2008, 12:56 AM
ELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud of
Park Mat

Parking Stop

I've tried both. I find that neither stays in one place very well. You could always use some heavy duty adhesives. I don't. I use double sided carpet tape. Works ok.

Old 04-15-2008, 06:43 AM
Bif Powell is infamous around these parts
I use Spacial Awareness. Very nifty.

Old 04-15-2008, 02:09 PM
JK79 is infamous around these parts
http://www.amazon.com/Flashing-Garag...8290178&sr=8-2

I have a couple of these and they work very well. They only slide around if you try to run over them. I used to have the bump mats on the floor, and they never stayed in place.

Old 04-15-2008, 06:04 PM
lawin is a jewel in the roughlawin is a jewel in the roughlawin is a jewel in the rough
use a tennis ball attached to string and hang it from the ceiling and position it to where it hits your windshield where you want the car to stop. it may not be the most glamorous solution, but it is most likely a free one

Old 04-15-2008, 08:14 PM
colt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by lawin
use a tennis ball attached to string and hang it from the ceiling
x2. I also do that. seems to be the cheapest way.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:22 PM
bunnn is infamous around these parts
make a small marking(tape,marker, etc) on your wall where your mirrors past....this way when you past the line you know you're good....but make sure that you find out what the view inside the driver seat is..because it's different when you're drawing it outside...

this might be a little ghetto for those with amazingly designed garage, so as a design cue, perhaps this marking can be a lone red stripe from the top to the bottom of you're garage.....ahah..im not good with design, so don't take me seriously

Last edited by bunnn; 04-15-2008 at 11:25 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:46 AM
crispykid717 is infamous around these parts
I used Park Mat's in my garage and they worked great for about 8 months. After that the adhesive just didn't hold anymore.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:59 AM
ttowsontt is infamous around these parts
i have one that your tire rolls onto that i dont use anymore, if you want it you can have it for free

Old 04-16-2008, 03:24 PM
ir6spd is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by lawin
use a tennis ball attached to string and hang it from the ceiling and position it to where it hits your windshield where you want the car to stop. it may not be the most glamorous solution, but it is most likely a free one
Tennis ball method works and it's inexpensive.
If your car is against the wall, you could put a "marker" there to indicate when to stop. My neighbor has one of those "Warning" signs that lines up with the wife's front side mirror. She pulls up to that and stops. No more problems since...

Old 04-16-2008, 05:45 PM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
tennis ball works, but i normally just line up the front tires or side mirror with something that is on the wall so i know how far i am

Old 04-17-2008, 09:53 AM
still lost is a jewel in the roughstill lost is a jewel in the roughstill lost is a jewel in the rough
i can rig up that traffic light w/ a sensor that lets you know how far in you've gone....might take me a few days but I'm sure I can make it work

don't hold me to that though

oh yea +1 for tennis ball, just paint it black and it won't look so bad

Old 04-17-2008, 11:22 AM
brnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant future
park stop sucks

Old 04-17-2008, 11:39 AM
ELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by brnsrgn
park stop sucks
The stock adhesive is pathetic and useless, but if you buy something stronger, it works great.

Old 04-17-2008, 02:26 PM
Gusagain is infamous around these parts
I pull in until I nudge the box at the back of the garage -- I need a new bumper, so it is ok to nudge a box! Tennis ball idea is good if you don't have a cement ceiling (damn Euro garages sux!) I might borrow a hammer drill and finish installing the shelves and then drill a hole in the ceiling to attach a string and ball.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Parking stopper thingys....