Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

2008 Garage Re-Vamp (it was time)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 06:28 PM
alpineovernappa is a jewel in the roughalpineovernappa is a jewel in the roughalpineovernappa is a jewel in the rough
very nicely done

Old 01-16-2009, 04:24 PM
AFKC has a spectacular aura aboutAFKC has a spectacular aura about
Your collection and setup motivates me to make more $

Old 01-16-2009, 08:55 PM
gekko is infamous around these partsgekko is infamous around these parts
wow and double wow!!

I don't know what I can say that others haven't already expressed, but Well Done Sir, well done.

I really love the doors you choose for the garage (I definitely want those for my house) The upstairs of garage looks amazing and great colour selection for the stain.

I hope to build my own place in the next five years, you gave me some great ideas!

Enjoy!!

Old 01-17-2009, 12:15 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by gekko
I don't know what I can say that others haven't already expressed, but Well Done Sir, well done.

I really love the doors you choose for the garage (I definitely want those for my house) The upstairs of garage looks amazing and great colour selection for the stain.

I hope to build my own place in the next five years, you gave me some great ideas!

Enjoy!!
thank you. where you're from I'd suggest the heated floors in the garage I have. We've had a cold snap and it's 65-68 degrees in there now. It's my favorite part. The garage doors I'm really happy with.

Old 01-17-2009, 09:22 AM
gekko is infamous around these partsgekko is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
thank you. where you're from I'd suggest the heated floors in the garage I have. We've had a cold snap and it's 65-68 degrees in there now. It's my favorite part. The garage doors I'm really happy with.
Trust me, that's the TOP of my list.
Here's a snap I took on my phone from last week
-15 Celsius (5 degree Fahrenheit) - eekk

Can't wait for summer!

Attached Images  
Old 01-17-2009, 09:27 AM
Kent is infamous around these parts
wow! that looks awesome! Seeing that nice calm water makes me really miss my MasterCraft.

Old 01-18-2009, 01:14 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by gekko
Trust me, that's the TOP of my list.
Here's a snap I took on my phone from last week
-15 Celsius (5 degree Fahrenheit) - eekk

Can't wait for summer!

Holy Crap. Ya I'd hope for summer as well. That made me cold just looking at that picture. Ok we didn't have a cold snap just possibly a cold wind...

Old 01-19-2009, 12:45 PM
Nadir(Detroit) is infamous around these parts
very very nice. The cars, the home, the landscaping all reflect on your good tastes.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:14 PM
tango foxtrot is infamous around these parts
Very breathtaking setup. Are the garage floors acid stained? If so can you tell me the color and make? Thanks.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by Nadir(Detroit)
very very nice. The cars, the home, the landscaping all reflect on your good tastes.
thank you. i spent a while thinking about it. unfortunately i need more space for the new ones coming in.

Originally Posted by tango foxtrot
Very breathtaking setup. Are the garage floors acid stained? If so can you tell me the color and make? Thanks.
Not stained yet. I actually sell them and can't figure out the stain color I want for inside the Pool House or the garage. The garage is just sealed right now. Basically all acid stains are manufactured by the same place or similar to each other in make up. That's why there really is only a few colors to choose. You won't go wrong with any manufacturer of stains. Just know they look different depending on age of concrete and floor finish. I highly recommend sampling in a corner to see what they look like. The brochures aren't always that close.

Old 01-19-2009, 09:27 PM
CrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond repute
So when are you tearing down your neighbors houses for more garages? lol

Old 01-19-2009, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by CrazyRuskie
So when are you tearing down your neighbors houses for more garages? lol
believe me i'm trying V. crap oh dear these old people are stubborn

Old 01-20-2009, 05:13 PM

Not stained yet. I actually sell them and can't figure out the stain color I want for inside the Pool House or the garage. The garage is just sealed right now. Basically all acid stains are manufactured by the same place or similar to each other in make up. That's why there really is only a few colors to choose. You won't go wrong with any manufacturer of stains. Just know they look different depending on age of concrete and floor finish. I highly recommend sampling in a corner to see what they look like. The brochures aren't always that close.

Thanks for your reply. Here I thought you used a combo of dark and light stains to get that cool look!! It looks really good as is! I always thought this was acid stained as well but maybe I am wrong..... What is your opinion:

Attached Images  

Last edited by tango foxtrot; 01-20-2009 at 05:21 PM.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by tango foxtrot
Thanks for your reply. Here I thought you used a combo of dark and light stains to get that cool look!! It looks really good as is! I always thought this was acid stained as well but maybe I am wrong..... What is your opinion:
that looks nice. it looks a little gray to be acid stained though. Very tough to tell in that photo. It looks like someones showroom floor you should just call them to find out.

Acid stains tend to be more browns or off color not typically that close to actual concrete color.

It could be a very light coat of tan of sorts. subtle looks nice with acid stains i think.

Old 01-20-2009, 07:16 PM
that looks nice. it looks a little gray to be acid stained though. Very tough to tell in that photo. It looks like someones showroom floor you should just call them to find out.

Acid stains tend to be more browns or off color not typically that close to actual concrete color.

It could be a very light coat of tan of sorts. subtle looks nice with acid stains i think.
Thanks again for the info. It is very much appreciated. Cheers,
Tim

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2008 Garage Re-Vamp (it was time)