Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

Garage Floor Project

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 02:16 PM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
looks very nice, clean

Old 04-30-2009, 05:22 PM
chadhaas is infamous around these parts
Great job with your garage project. Its really coming together and soon enough it will look like a Porsche dealership!

You certainly made the best decision selecting porcelain tile. Its simply the best floor treatment you could choose and the best investement for your home. You should get more than 100 years from them.

Old 05-01-2009, 06:06 AM
nacelle is infamous around these parts
The tiles were 2.50 a square, you can roughly double the price to get an installed price...subject to obvious variations to prep the floor. It should be quite a bit cheaper in the US.

Old 05-01-2009, 06:13 AM
Originally Posted by chadhaas
Great job with your garage project. Its really coming together and soon enough it will look like a Porsche dealership!

You certainly made the best decision selecting porcelain tile. Its simply the best floor treatment you could choose and the best investement for your home. You should get more than 100 years from them.

I'm hoping for at the very least 100 years LOL...

It will last a very long time and porcelain tiles for sure are the best floor treatment IMO...

Easy to clean, no peeling of any sort and maintenance free.

Old 05-05-2009, 08:22 PM
gwapo996tt is infamous around these parts
Hopefully you have to jack up the car. Looks good.

Old 07-06-2009, 09:18 PM
zweebach is infamous around these parts
Your garage looks great. Seeing more people doing tile is inspiring me to do my own that way. There are too many nay-sayers that assume the tile is not durable enough.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:19 AM
I will write a blog article about this eventually, but the greatest misnomer about porcelain tile is that it is not durable or that it stains. That would be true if we were talking about natural stone or ceramic tiles, but porcelain tile is the single best floor treatment you could have on a garage floor.

If anyone would like some more information on porcelain tiles, kindly send me a private message and I'd be happy to answer any questions.

Old 07-11-2009, 09:25 PM
henryr is infamous around these partshenryr is infamous around these parts
did you lay the tile to extend past the garage door ? pics ? how does the tile lay against your driveway ? is it level ?

Old 07-13-2009, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by henryr
did you lay the tile to extend past the garage door ? pics ? how does the tile lay against your driveway ? is it level ?
Henryr - Most tile manufacturers will have specialty tile, such as bullnose that will provide a nice transition from your driveway into the garage. You can also have a profile machined in the event a bullnose is not available.

Another idea is to install a threshold, just like is done on entryway doors to homes, to provide a nice transition from the driveway into the garage.

Old 07-21-2009, 03:49 PM
Here are two closeup pics showing the garage floor...

The first is showing the finish with a bull nose of sorts at the end of the tile laying to the concrete.

The second shows the garage door down nearly butting up against the bullnose.

It was suggested that I could tile out to the end of the concrete floor to the driveway tiles and have the tile travel under the garage door. This would have resulted in having the tile exposed to the winter elements...the tile manufacturer said it would be fine but I decided why chance it...

The entire floor is slanted towards the doors for drainage....I'd guess about 4" from the back of the garage.

Attached Images   

Last edited by nacelle; 07-21-2009 at 07:17 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 02:17 AM
Kid^ 510 is infamous around these parts
Nice!

Old 11-18-2010, 08:15 PM
Still lookin' good

Tiles are heading into their third winter and all is like new....

Attached Images  
Old 11-18-2010, 08:25 PM
tango foxtrot is infamous around these parts
Can you tell me how they are when they get wet? Slippery? They look great.

Old 11-18-2010, 08:34 PM
These are commercial Porcelain tiles with nothing extra for non slip and really, I've never slipped or had anyone else slip which of course is not to say that you could not slip... I don't take any extra care really. The finish is like new...

They get salty slush on them but I am fairly diligent about keeping the area clean.

Old 11-18-2010, 08:42 PM
tango foxtrot is infamous around these parts
Great thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Garage Floor Project