Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

Anyone use HomeDepot to do Epoxy Floor Work?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 12:45 PM
996garage is infamous around these parts996garage is infamous around these parts
Anyone use HomeDepot to do Epoxy Floor Work?

***Pictures added into post of completed remodel work***

I have Home Depot coming out to do an estimate of the epoxy floor coating for my 2 car garage. Just curious if anyone had any feedback regarding the Home Depot contract services...

Below is a photo of the garage in the house I just bought with all the previous owner's crap in it! The floor was just as nasty as the rest of the garage. Completed pics at the end of this thread***

Last edited by 996garage; 11-09-2008 at 01:52 PM.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:01 PM
DDMotorsports is infamous around these parts
I am sure it depends solely on the person actually doing the work, but I had Home Depot do mine and the guy they sent did a pretty good job.

Old 09-12-2008, 12:09 AM
996garage is infamous around these parts996garage is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the feedback. It appears Home Depot uses the Rustoleum Epoxy Shield product. I assume this is decent stuff that won't lift or peel away from the hot tires?

Old 09-12-2008, 09:12 AM
DDMotorsports is infamous around these parts
I have had mine for 2 years and no lifting or peeling.

Old 09-16-2008, 10:12 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
If their garage floor coating installs are as good as the carpet installs then they are A+++++. INSANELY SUPERB job on my parents walk-in closet carpet!

Old 09-16-2008, 04:00 PM
I'll let you know how it goes, since I've just booked them to come out next month.

Old 09-19-2008, 12:46 AM
Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !
Please keep us informed as I just purchased a house and am also looking into HD doing my garage floor. Have they given you a quote yet?

Old 09-19-2008, 12:49 AM
CrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond repute
Personally, I'd use a local small business who specializes in this. If anything just to support the small business.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:59 PM
extrabolts is infamous around these parts
I think with home depot floors you get both -- they subcontract out to a local business, but back it with their warranty

I just epoxied and clear coated my floor and it looks great

Old 09-23-2008, 11:38 PM
I got the quote and scheduled it for the end of Oct after I close escrow. There's definitely quite a bit of wiggle room for negotiation on the estimate quote.

Old 09-24-2008, 10:31 AM
Dock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really nice
I'm having Premier Garage do my floor...http://www.premiergarage.com/cabinet...FQyfnAodUjxoiA

Old 09-27-2008, 02:31 PM
sleekmotoring is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 996garage
I have Home Depot coming out to do an estimate of the epoxy floor coating for my 2 car garage. Just curious if anyone had any feedback regarding the Home Depot contract services...

I have had mine at the shop for about 2 years now. It was brand new cement slab when we did the epoxy. 2 years later, its hold up pretty good. The only part where it has chipped or lifted are common spots where I use a floor jack. Other than that, it has held up really good.

Old 09-28-2008, 09:33 PM
lucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant future
i'm looking at doing this on my own actually... $60 for 200sqft coverage... so $120 for a standard 2-car garage (20x20) in materials... $20 per 200sqft for the acid clean/etch, so $40 for that material... also need a roller (preferably on a long handle)... so figure about $200 for materials on a 2-car garage... not sure what the quotes amount to for HD... would be curious to know if you don't mind... i've heard it's quite backbreaking to DIY, so would be nice to see what it's worth to pay someone else to do the labor...

Old 09-29-2008, 09:31 PM
I don't recall the exact sq/footage of my garage, but it's about the size of a 2.5 car garage. It already has some really nasty paint on the floor that is in terrible shape, so the floor has go through the additional labor step to be stripped. The original quote was for $3K, but after some negotiation, we ended up at $1995.

FYI - the Rustoleum epoxy they sell in Home Depot is the low grade water based kit. You can only get the higher grade epoxy if you have their contractors install it.

Old 11-09-2008, 01:57 PM
I am very happy with the flooring results. I chose not to use the flakes. The floor always looks wet, and stains come out quite easily.

I also ended up having all new rafter beams put up and had the entire garage dry walled and painted. Put a drop down ladder to the space above the new garage ceiling, and also put in a new garage door and opener. Nothing super fancy, but everything looks very clean. Next I'm going to be ordering a full line of cabinets for the garage.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone use HomeDepot to do Epoxy Floor Work?