Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

eclou's garage project

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 05:56 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Gene you're the Man!

Old 05-05-2011, 07:14 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
thanks Doug. I'm gonna have a beerfest there one day soon

Old 05-25-2011, 03:59 PM
adamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the rough
wow!! its looks soo nice!! great work man such a nice design...

Old 09-13-2011, 02:38 AM
turtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really nice
That is freaking wonderful! that is a mancave at its best!

I am jealous and wish i had a yard that big.

Old 09-13-2011, 06:57 AM
BlueShift is infamous around these parts
That's the sickest mancave i've ever seen, im jealous

Old 09-14-2011, 06:14 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Very nice Gene. Well done.

Old 09-14-2011, 06:25 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
Very nice Gene. Well done.
Paulie that massive Caddy of yours might even fit on the lift

Old 09-14-2011, 06:33 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Ha ha. I retired the caddy a few years back. It got replaced with the LS 460.
The ride in the Lexus has been very smooth thus far.

What is your opinion on the BMW 750IL?

Old 09-14-2011, 07:39 AM
we've been really happy with the BMW. It's not the most athletic handling car, off from the spectacular E39 528 sport we had a decade ago, but for a limo-sized car it handles smaller than it is. Our 750 is the Msport and I plan on flashing the ecu to get to >500 hp via Dinan or Motorwerks. It's the wife's primary car but I have driven it on a couple trips to Dallas and have been impressed. Plus it is hard to beat BMW's lease deals on these cars

Old 09-14-2011, 08:40 AM
TWI
TWI has a spectacular aura aboutTWI has a spectacular aura about
Eugene -

Background - I have plans laid out for a 36x36 detached garage. I have tried to upload the .pdf's but I keep getting a failure. Below are google docs links - the best I can do at this time.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...ZWVjZjY3&hl=en

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...ZTZmYmQy&hl=en

Questions:

1. How does the double width plus single width door work out? I originally had my "people" door on the front like yours, but I moved it to the side to allow the doors to be spaced a little further apart.

2. How did your permeable grass drive work? I would really like to use the same block/grass solution in front of my garage, but am worried about how it will hold up to daily traffic. I am under my ground coverage limits, but I would rather let more water into the ground if possible.

3. My design has a single post, in retrospect do you think it was worth the additional expense to have the floor completely unencumbered? I have some flexibility on the placement of the post, so I am going to nuzzle it up against the left hand post of the two post lift.

4. Other than making it bigger, anything you wish you had done differently?

Tal

PS - my brother has been cleared to go back to work on the 22nd of this month following his motorcycle accident - almost 6 months to the day. A pretty remarkable recovery from where he was in late March.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:59 AM
Tal, plan looks pretty good. The only thing I would question is the placement of the people door on the left elevation. It cuts into usable space for shelving parallel to the car. I would consider moving it to the rear elevation (actually your plans show a door there but not on the elevation) or to the front with the garage doors. 36' is plenty of room to get a 10' and 16' garage doors with a 40" wide pedestrian door. My elevation with all of the doors is actually only 35' wide!

The permeable pavers work very well. I roll my truck with trailer loaded with the race car over it all the time. There is no movement or unsettling. Plus at most viewing angles from the house, all you see is grass.

I would pony up the $$ for the clear floor and no post. I would do a dropped steel beam and then you will have a "free" chain hoist and trolley. It cost me an extra $5k over just engineered wood beams, and the overhead attic space area will hold that much more load for storage.

In terms of things I would change - maybe a foot wider since I would have gained more height in the attic and more space for my side workbench area.

I would also make sure your electrical has 220v circuits for 1)lift 2)air compressor 3)wall outlet for welder/etc. I would also have black iron piping installed in the walls for the air line drop points. This stuff is cheap to do now and can be hidden in-wall.

Glad to hear about your brother!

Old 05-17-2012, 09:04 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by eclou
we've been really happy with the BMW. It's not the most athletic handling car, off from the spectacular E39 528 sport we had a decade ago, but for a limo-sized car it handles smaller than it is. Our 750 is the Msport and I plan on flashing the ecu to get to >500 hp via Dinan or Motorwerks. It's the wife's primary car but I have driven it on a couple trips to Dallas and have been impressed. Plus it is hard to beat BMW's lease deals on these cars
Gene,

I believe that Eurocharged does the flash for Motorwerks. They did my (former) C63 w/ good results.

Old 05-21-2012, 01:13 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Beautiful Garage. Something to be proud of!

Old 06-04-2012, 04:28 PM
briankent is infamous around these parts
I want this more than anything!

Old 06-15-2012, 11:21 AM
live2boutside is infamous around these parts
There's nothing better than a well-executed plan. I like the way you tied the house, pool house and garage together architectually. Awesome car selection!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: eclou's garage project