Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

Making my garage pretty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 12:22 PM
Banned
ogomez79 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Mojo31
These guys did the flooring: http://garage.customgarageworkstx.com

They use a polyurea/polyaspartic coating. Cost was about $1K per bay.
Thats good stuff and holds up very well if the prep is done right, which it sounds like they did.

Old 07-06-2011, 03:05 PM
wasupdu is infamous around these parts
Very nice. Your hard work paid off. I REALLY need to start my garage project after seeing these photos.

Old 07-06-2011, 03:13 PM
Mojo31 is infamous around these parts
Thanks.

I ordered some Gladiator Premier cabinets, and they should be arriving soon. The price was a lot less than custom or some of the other products, but should be more than sufficient for my needs. I'm anxious to get them in and get everything off the floor. Pictures to come when it's done.

The flooring is great so far. Clean it with a lawn blower and occasional mop. I can walk on it and then go into the house without having to wash my feet!

Old 07-12-2011, 08:14 PM
CarreraHokie is infamous around these parts
Really like the floor you went with.

Old 07-18-2011, 02:12 PM
Well, had to cancel the online order for the cabinets because the vendor was not shipping them. The good news is that I found a better deal at Sears. Picked them up Saturday morning and spent the day and evening unpacking/assembling/installing the stuff till I had no more energy (it's a 100+ degrees here everyday lately!). Still have a few more things I want to do. Pictures soon.

Old 08-01-2011, 07:14 AM
Finally got things to the point where I am done for a while with the big stuff. Our goal was to get everything organized and off the floor, and make sure we had room to put all three cars in the garage easily. We've accomplished that and more.

The only thing I still want to do is hang some photos. I want to try photos printed directly onto aluminum, and just have to find suitable images.

Here are pictures of the final results.

Last edited by Mojo31; 08-01-2011 at 07:18 AM.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:44 AM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
What a difference that floor makes.......it adds so much of a finishing touch!
Congrats on a job well done!

Stacy

Old 08-01-2011, 03:10 PM
JackOlsen has a reputation beyond reputeJackOlsen has a reputation beyond reputeJackOlsen has a reputation beyond reputeJackOlsen has a reputation beyond reputeJackOlsen has a reputation beyond reputeJackOlsen has a reputation beyond reputeJackOlsen has a reputation beyond reputeJackOlsen has a reputation beyond reputeJackOlsen has a reputation beyond reputeJackOlsen has a reputation beyond reputeJackOlsen has a reputation beyond repute
That last picture is awesome!

Great garage!

Old 08-01-2011, 09:07 PM
bonecrrusher is infamous around these parts
Nice... I ended up cross shopping at Lowes and Sears for my Gladiator Garage Works set.

Like the floor!

Old 08-01-2011, 09:50 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Very nice. Nothing like a nice garage to make your car look even better!

Old 08-03-2011, 07:56 AM
Thanks everyone.

I first ordered the cabinets from garageappeal.com after reading some good comments and talking to them. Waited and waited with no sign of delivery. Finally talked to them and was told to give it a week. They never shipped and they never could give me a ship date to expect so I cancelled the order.

Then went to Sears and found what I wanted for less than the garageappeal price. The only downside was that I had to pick them up or pay for delivery. Since I was tired of waiting, I rented a flat bed from Lowe's for an hour, grabbed my son, and brought the stuff home. If it wasn't a 100 degrees that day, it wouldn't have been so bad.

A week later I was back at Sears picking up "just one more thing" and found they lowered the prices. Got a nice little $450 refund under their pricing policy.

The cabinets are the welded "Premier" line. The shelves to the left are a heavy duty rack from Lowe's. Toolbox is Kobalt. While I really like the Moduline type products and even looked at custom, I just couldn't justify the price based on my use.

I may hang the cabinet to the right to create some space under it for our recycle containers. That will wait until we have more human friendly temperatures though (hit 110 degrees yesterday and the week's forcast is 105+ all week).

Old 08-17-2011, 02:51 AM
pappy is infamous around these parts

this garage is truly looking awesome but you should also try some LED lights which can make your garage more beautiful in night.

Last edited by pappy; 12-13-2012 at 12:03 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:06 AM
LEDs would be nice. The current light fixtures are flourescent, so those bulbs would not work. I do have a LED fixture over the work bench.

I recently ordered a print on aluminum for the garage from Bay Photo. It's something new they offer and is a really neat photo product. It is about 1/8" aluminum sheet with a coating on one side that the photo is printed on. Very high gloss. The corners can be radiused and holes can be drilled in for hanging. I hung this one with stainless screws and finishing washers.

This print is 24 X 36. When I ordered it I thought it would be huge, and it was in the box and showing it to folks. But, when I hung it on the wall it became sort of dwarfed by the size of the wall. The obvious solution - order more.

Last edited by Mojo31; 08-17-2011 at 08:09 AM.