Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

Making my garage pretty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 12:22 PM
Mojo31 is infamous around these parts
Making my garage pretty

When we bought our house three years ago, the garage was not particularly well finished. The time has come to finish it up a little.

A couple of weeks ago we put up some Gladiator wall organizers on the wall next to my daughter's car which made a huge difference on cleaning up the floor clutter. As you might expect, nothing hangs on the Porsche side of the garage.

Over this weekend, we had to clear everything off the floors to prepare for the floor coating. It all migrated to our back patio. We put a fresh coat of paint on everything. Not the best way to spend 100 degree days.

A polyspartic polyeurea floor finish is being applied today.

Later, the cabinets on the wall will be replaced and additional cabinets and work bench will be added. The large shelving unit stays on the front wall to the left side to hold our pool and boat stuff.

This won't be a tool monkey's garage. It'll hopefully just be a nicer place for our cars. Sorry there are no pictures of exotic eye candy - just the Carrera, a family hauler, and a teen's car.

Attached Images     
Old 06-06-2011, 12:24 PM
Slik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond repute
Lookin' good. All that hard, hot work will pay off.

Old 06-06-2011, 09:12 PM
Floor is in!

It's a grayish base with flecks of tan, white and black. Compliments the brown brick and flagstone nicely while maintaining a "garage" look.

Attached Images   
Old 06-07-2011, 06:11 AM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Looks incredible.......I really need to do something like this to my garage floor!
How long before you can drive on it?

Stacy

Old 06-07-2011, 09:16 AM
We can walk on today. They asked that we not drive on it until tomorrow, but if it storms tonight we can pull the cars in. Fortunately, the forecasts have been for clear skies lately.

I'll add some better pics later. The ones posted seem a little dark, but it was some what late when I took them. It's much brighter in the garage than it looks here.

Old 06-07-2011, 01:20 PM
Banned
ogomez79 is infamous around these parts
Love the floor! It definitely makes the garage look finished and makes cleaning so much easier as well.

Old 06-07-2011, 06:58 PM
Devils Advocate is infamous around these partsDevils Advocate is infamous around these parts
Great work, looks like you've got plenty of room to work now! How are you liking those wall hangars, how much weight would you say each one holds?

Old 06-07-2011, 08:26 PM
Thanks! Unfortunately the space will fill up quickly with pool/patio gear, sailboat gear, lawn equipment, and three cars. Having it finished makes it easier to keep it all organized and clean though.

The gear tracks should hold 40 - 50 pounds each easily. We don't have much weight on them, but they sure do help get it all off the floor.

The next step will be to find some cabinets that are reasonable.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:22 AM
wileoutz is infamous around these parts
BEautiful garage. I wish i had one ;(

Old 06-13-2011, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by wileoutz
BEautiful garage. I wish i had one ;(
Thanks. We moved into this house about 3 years ago. Our prior house had a 2 car garage, and I always wished for the 3 bay garage. Now I have it. For two years it was nice and roomy. Now, three years into it, I have a teenager starting to drive and a third car to park in it. Now I wish for a 4 or 5 car garage (especially seeing some of the museum pieces on this forum!). Seems there is always something and never enough.

Old 06-15-2011, 02:47 PM
jimoris is infamous around these parts
nice !

Old 06-16-2011, 01:13 PM
jayely1 is infamous around these parts
Looks very nice, just wondering if theres any negatives to doing this? I heard it peels or flakes in time?

Old 06-26-2011, 11:10 AM
chmura is infamous around these parts
Nice flooring!

Who did your flooring? What products did you use?

I am thinking about doing my floor myself and using this kit.

http://www.originalcolorchips.com/st...roducts_id=130

Might get a quote from Premier Garage too. But I do not want to spend $2k on the flooring since my house is new and the concrete is clean.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by jayely1
Looks very nice, just wondering if theres any negatives to doing this? I heard it peels or flakes in time?
I was told that should not happen. The concrete was prepped with a diamond grinder to give a good key for the coating to bind to.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by chmura
Nice flooring!

Who did your flooring? What products did you use?

I am thinking about doing my floor myself and using this kit.

http://www.originalcolorchips.com/st...roducts_id=130

Might get a quote from Premier Garage too. But I do not want to spend $2k on the flooring since my house is new and the concrete is clean.
These guys did the flooring: http://garage.customgarageworkstx.com

They use a polyurea/polyaspartic coating. Cost was about $1K per bay.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Making my garage pretty