Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

Garage floor is complete (epoxy)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 04:54 PM
PORSCHEFREAK has a spectacular aura aboutPORSCHEFREAK has a spectacular aura aboutPORSCHEFREAK has a spectacular aura about
Your floor looks great. Heck of a job.

Old 03-29-2012, 07:42 PM
pat
pat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond repute
Nice details

Old 05-01-2012, 10:28 PM
FR500GT is infamous around these partsFR500GT is infamous around these parts
Nice results! This is on my garage to-list except I'll be doing it in white since I like the clean look(I also would misplace too many nuts/bolts with the flake/specs haha).

Old 05-05-2012, 04:10 PM
BrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud of
Sooooo.... wheres the Porsche?

Garage looks great

Old 05-06-2012, 02:04 PM
usf1l2b is infamous around these partsusf1l2b is infamous around these parts
Absolutely beautiful job. Did you have any expansion joint in your concrete that needed to be filled? if so, what did you use?

Old 05-07-2012, 09:07 AM
thomapa1 is a glorious beacon of lightthomapa1 is a glorious beacon of lightthomapa1 is a glorious beacon of lightthomapa1 is a glorious beacon of lightthomapa1 is a glorious beacon of light
Here is the baby in its crib...

No expansion joints in this floor, however, there are products to fill them. IMO Legacy Industrial makes some very good products and is very helpful.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:12 AM
BrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud of
Nice!

Old 05-08-2012, 08:37 AM
Alcav5 is a jewel in the roughAlcav5 is a jewel in the roughAlcav5 is a jewel in the rough
Looks like a professional job... Great color combo. Hats off to you.

I am thinking of hiring them (Armorpoxy) to do my job but I am concerned that they may skimp on prep. How long did your prep take (hours, 1/2day, whole day)? Was your floor completely level or some waviness (I have subtle waves) ?
I am definately not able to do this job myself...
Thanks,
A

Old 05-08-2012, 01:58 PM
thomapa1 is a glorious beacon of lightthomapa1 is a glorious beacon of lightthomapa1 is a glorious beacon of lightthomapa1 is a glorious beacon of lightthomapa1 is a glorious beacon of light
My floor had a prior coating, looked like a Home depot weak job. Hand grinding took me @2 full days of work. Problem is that you can never tell until you start how difficult the prep work will be. I do know that all outside companies will charge you alot - but as you say, if you cannot do it - you have to use someone. Depending on your floor condition, it may be an easy job or may be much more involved. My floor was pretty level, after grinding I did leave some swirls. I had to patch some spalls / holes with expensive patch material. In the end, I am glad I did a job that should last my duration in the home vs doing a quick job and having to redo in 8 years.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:30 PM
PowerSlide is infamous around these parts
Looks nice, good job. If you had to guess, in total how long did the floor take you?

Old 06-21-2012, 10:54 AM
wide2k is just really nicewide2k is just really nicewide2k is just really nicewide2k is just really nicewide2k is just really nice
so professional..looks great. thumbs up

Old 06-27-2012, 08:18 AM
Took @ 2 days to strip/grind the floor (maybe @4 hours of total grinding each day). Then time to fill spalls - wash/rinse the floor - dry - prime. Overall a few weeks. I have to say now that I have some hot tire pickup. the rear tire contact points have not only the Armorpoxy epoxy coating coming up, but also a portion of the concrete below! Needless to say I am very pissed. Happening more where the Porsche rear tires make contact and a bit where my wifes CX-7 rears are making contact. If I had known this would happen, i would have spend 2/3 less $ and layed down some carpet patches on the rear tire spots. Eff me, this blows. I imagine Armorpoxy will come back with the problem being the concrete or prep, not their product. The spots that are coming up are not patched spots, but original slab material. I also ensured that I at least doubled the drying times, curing times. Application was within acceptable temp and humidity ranges

FML.

Old 06-27-2012, 08:26 AM
Alcav5 is a jewel in the roughAlcav5 is a jewel in the roughAlcav5 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by thomapa1
Took @ 2 days to strip/grind the floor (maybe @4 hours of total grinding each day). Then time to fill spalls - wash/rinse the floor - dry - prime. Overall a few weeks. I have to say now that I have some hot tire pickup. the rear tire contact points have not only the Armorpoxy epoxy coating coming up, but also a portion of the concrete below! Needless to say I am very pissed. Happening more where the Porsche rear tires make contact and a bit where my wifes CX-7 rears are making contact. If I had known this would happen, i would have spend 2/3 less $ and layed down some carpet patches on the rear tire spots. Eff me, this blows. I imagine Armorpoxy will come back with the problem being the concrete or prep, not their product. The spots that are coming up are not patched spots, but original slab material. I also ensured that I at least doubled the drying times, curing times. Application was within acceptable temp and humidity ranges

FML.

Oh boy..
My garage floor is being completed today by A/P (their own crew). I will be sure to wait the recommended 5 days before I put the cars in (that means i can't get my cab from off the lift)
Job so far looks great though.
I'll comment after the drying period.

Hope your situation works out...Please post further..

Good luck
A

Old 06-27-2012, 08:55 AM
randomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to behold
So lesson learned is use a $200 kit and put down carpet squares for the tires?

Old 06-27-2012, 08:57 AM
Good luck...no knocks on Amrorpoxy yet as it appears that my concrete came up with the product. (but the cheapo stuff I had on prior didn't do that!). This stuff is very dependent on alot of external factors, so it is difficult to say that it is the products issue - hopefully yours goes well

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Garage floor is complete (epoxy)