Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

Country Home "Man Cave"...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2013 | 09:01 PM
|
NTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond repute
1st coat of paint on the ceiling and in niches...

Attached Images   
Old 07-23-2013 | 07:41 PM
|
NTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond repute
Getting there. I think I will wait till the final product for the next set of pictures. I think you guys will like it.

First coat of paint on the walls and some lighting up. 2 more coats then the fun of decorating begins.

Attached Images  
Old 07-23-2013 | 08:20 PM
Boostin FD is infamous around these parts
That looks nice! Wish I knew how to work with the darn drywall. I just end up making a mess.

Old 07-24-2013 | 05:23 PM
|
Teaser pic of the decorations going on. Had to enlist the help of my wife since she has more of an artistic touch.

Attached Images   
Old 07-24-2013 | 07:08 PM
formula1guy is infamous around these parts
Very nice diy project. Looking forward to seeing all of the finishing touches. I'm guessing this first piece of artwork is a pic of your Turbo? Good going enlisting the help of the wife with the intricate work

Old 07-24-2013 | 07:36 PM
|
LOL, Thanks! Actually no that's not my car. The only picture of my cars that is going up is one of my RX-7 in one of the niches. I never had a professional photo of the Turbo taken so it didn't make the cut. If I do get a nice photo of it one day I may have to remove one of the current pieces going into a niche with it.

Old 07-25-2013 | 07:35 PM
|

Attached Images   
Old 07-25-2013 | 09:33 PM
daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !
Looks so good man! Can't wait to see everything done!

Old 07-26-2013 | 06:06 PM
|
More progress today...

Not done yet but gives you and idea where I am headed...

Up close...

Up close...

Everything so far...

Attached Images      
Old 07-26-2013 | 06:39 PM
formula1guy is infamous around these parts
Wow, that looks awesome. I like how you've split the space into the Porsche side and Mazda side to represent both of your cars. What's next? Couch, chairs, tv, poker table?

Old 07-26-2013 | 06:55 PM
|
Originally Posted by formula1guy
Wow, that looks awesome. I like how you've split the space into the Porsche side and Mazda side to represent both of your cars. What's next? Couch, chairs, tv, poker table?
Thank you! Next is some art to fill in the niches. Then black plugs and light switches, black crown molding and paint the garage doors black. The flooring and floor border will get done next year....

Then couch TV and fridge. lol

Old 07-28-2013 | 04:57 PM
mtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the rough
What a great space and a very impressive 'transformation'. I like the lighting and stenciling.

Old 08-07-2013 | 05:23 PM
|
Starting to work on the details...

Door and door moldings...

Garage door black...

Also worked on the outside. I didn't like the green at all.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Attached Images         
Old 08-12-2013 | 05:21 PM
|
Got the crown molding done. That's pretty much it for this year other than a couple of things I am waiting on to frame and put in the 2 last niches.

Crown molding and black light/plug outlets...

Here is what I put in 2 of the 4 niches...

Pic of my RX7 that a friend took..

Porsche 911 patent poster...

So other than pics of the last to things going in the niches this is it for this year.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	gykl.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	1.66 MB
ID:	270052  
Attached Images        

Last edited by NTIMD8; 08-12-2013 at 05:26 PM.
Old 08-21-2013 | 08:45 AM
bonecrrusher is infamous around these parts
Looking good!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Country Home "Man Cave"...