Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

Pimping my garage

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-18-2006, 12:14 PM
SPEED RACER is infamous around these parts
That is the garage I want.

Old 09-12-2006, 08:03 PM
ColinB is infamous around these parts
any updates?

Colin

Old 09-13-2006, 08:32 AM
Mussel Kar is a jewel in the roughMussel Kar is a jewel in the roughMussel Kar is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by ColinB
any updates?

Colin
I will be restarting the project very soon. I really need some progress before the winter comes in.

Old 09-21-2006, 10:58 AM
locus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond repute
OMG, that's my dream garage...hope you finish it soon

Last edited by locus; 01-26-2007 at 09:12 AM.
Old 09-24-2006, 06:25 PM
MattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud of
Great buildup, looks great.

Old 09-26-2006, 11:33 PM
Banned
FERRAR1 is infamous around these parts
Great build. use it in good health.

Old 09-27-2006, 11:13 AM
.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold
looks amazing

Old 11-24-2006, 03:21 AM
alexlitov is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Mussel Kar
I will be restarting the project very soon. I really need some progress before the winter comes in.
What ever happened to this project?

Old 11-30-2006, 11:50 AM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
ya.. I would love to see how it has come along. I have been following this thread for a while

Old 11-30-2006, 11:57 AM
flatsixnut is infamous around these parts
Is this garage done yet? Seems like a long build time.

Old 12-04-2006, 10:03 AM
Mussel Kar is a jewel in the roughMussel Kar is a jewel in the roughMussel Kar is a jewel in the rough
You two are sounding like my wifey. I'm currently "stuck" in Barbados for a few weeks. There is some small progress on the garage, and some major progress on the house. I'm banging(nail gun) most of the nails myself so things were slow for the summer. I'll freeze my butt off now that it is winter, but things will get kicked into high gear when I get back.

Old 12-04-2006, 04:59 PM
master_jcp is infamous around these partsmaster_jcp is infamous around these parts

Last edited by master_jcp; 12-04-2006 at 05:02 PM.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:11 PM
r2kool4u is infamous around these parts
Looking good

Old 12-21-2006, 07:15 PM
Now that summer (and fall) are over it’s time to get back in gear. At the end of July I nearly had a stroke putting a few truss’s up just to get the AC hooked back up for the existing house. It was really hot. Just in time too, as we had a major heat wave just as the AC was being hooked up. Note the lumber is starting to turn a bit gray now from the weather.

The house engineered lumber/truss package arrived shortly after the paving and it fit neatly in the garage and I still had room to park in front of it.

I rented the ring saw again and cut the opening that the concrete turkeys forgot to put in. I tipped the chunk over and broke it up with a sledge. My little backhoe easily hoisted the chunks out.

Part of the first floor deck of the house is capped and the addition starts going up. The forks on the tractor make material handling a lot easier.

The back of the garage is starting to get slowly emptied out. I have two floor trusses’ left over because I changed the end truss detail to “stick built”

As the back of the garage gets cleaned out the front two bays get filled with lumber. My 997TT and SL55 are safe in the wide right bay. Wifey was not too pleased that she lost her garage slot, but she got over it. Lumber = progress.

The garage floor plan has changed a bit. I relocated the lav upstairs to make more room for a lift with walking space all around it.

The house is the big priority now, but the garage MUST see some major progress inside before February. (Arrival of the GT3 RS). I also have a place at work to store it. May not be such a bad idea because I could look at it every day while it snows outside.

Old 12-23-2006, 11:32 PM
CTRacer is infamous around these parts
Your garage is awesome, can't wait to see it finished!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Pimping my garage