Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

Costco Moto Floor on Sale (Racedeck) ends July 16th

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 01:47 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
I talked to snap lock today. Here is what they told me.

The motofloor at costco is made by snap lock.
The trim pieces are interchangeable.

However, she said that the motofloor was designed specifically for Costco and that it is not relabled race deck. She said the major differences are that the race deck is heavier duty with more load bearing capacity, the underside design is better on the racedeck, and that cosmetically, the race deck is a better looking design.

On the other hand, she said the materials are very similar and that for a residential application, the motofloor should be fine. She said that you should probably use a coaster for motorcycle kickstands, whereas the race deck would not need one.

For some reason, she really appeared to prefer the appearance of the race deck over the motofloor. She mentioned something about a double diamond design. I have not been able to get a clear picture from Costco's site. Could you get a pic of your flooring for me so I can see what the diamond design looks like?

when the motofloor was $2.5 sq/ft, i would probably lean towards the race deck. however, at $1.90 sq/ft that is a really good deal. that around what i paid for that crap from sam's. i need around 500 square feet so i having a hard time justifying the $3 sq/ft price for the race deck when i can get the motofloor for $1.90. it'd be around an extra $500 or so for the race deck.

post a pic when you can sandoval. i need to order something right away so i can get this project over with. i am going to start tearing my sam's stuff up tonight. the manuf. called and they are going to send some boxes with UPS labels to take it back. i have to say the customer service was excellent with the sam's club tile manuf. too bad the product was mediocre.

Old 07-07-2006, 03:00 PM
Banned by Moderators
SANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura about
Here is the thing I have heard that same sales pitch used by Race Deck reps. However when I use the RD edge it is the same thickness as the costco tiles. I had a racedeck sample peice but I can not locate it. I did not find the RD tiles any different other then the underside design and the top pattern. I could care less how the Diamond pattern looks they both look very similar. The double diamond design if anything provides aditional traction.

Rubber base I used 6" Johnsonite rubber base. You can get the product at: http://www.installerstore.com/home.php?cat=4

Also Home Depot carries it in the 4' strips. I would not get the big rolls as they will be difficult to manage during the install. The site above also has the adhesive you will need it comes in a caulk tube. Or home depot has it too.

Floor jack and stands:

I use two different aluminum floor jacks, and the stands I use are from griots they have flat disk on the bottom. Pelican Parts also sells a great Jack Stand made by AC that would also be worth the investment. The standard jack stands will peirce through any plastic flooring.
http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/...ACHyd1_pg5.htm

Underside of the Race Deck:

http://images.search.yahoo.com/searc...1,781&ei=UTF-8

Here are the costco tiles.

Attached Images      
Old 07-07-2006, 03:01 PM
Banned by Moderators
SANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura about
Here is a picture of the base installed....

Attached Images    

Last edited by SANDOVAL; 07-07-2006 at 03:14 PM.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:18 PM
Banned by Moderators
DD here is a bonus I just thought of.... in 12 months if your floor buckles or is not holding up the way you would expect it to. Then break it down and drop it off at Costco for a full refund. That is one of the main reasons I buy as much as I can from Costco. Their return policy can not be beat.

Damn CC and HD owe me a commission check!!!! Any CC or HD Execs on the board you owe me some rep points damit! lol

Old 07-07-2006, 08:18 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Thanks for all the info and the pics. The Motofloor product looks great. Just when I finally talk myself into the Motofloor, I just realized they only offer it in grey or a black/white combo box. Uggghh. I wanted to do the black/grey pattern. This is so frustrating. I would imagine the white would look pretty ratty fairly quickly in a garage and I don't want to do just all grey. I was thinking 4ftx4ft black and grey squares. Ugggh. I wish Costco sold boxes of just black instead of that combo deal they have. I may be forced to get RD just to get the color I wanted. ****, if I'm going all in with the RD, I might as well do yellow and black. That might look cool

Old 07-07-2006, 08:33 PM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
Thats wierd they did sell the black & white boxes separately when I bought them in January.

Old 07-07-2006, 08:35 PM
Banned by Moderators
I don't know about the black and Yeller' I don't mind if you copy me I used the Smoke/grey color for under the cars and did a Grey border around the permiter of the garage. Then black and white everywere else. The white after a year clean up to look new just like the other tiles. They don't stain. I have done some pretty dirty/messy projects during the last year. I would not fear white tiles it's not carpet. You will enjoy having the dark color under the car though. It hides a lot of the every day dirt your car brings in. If I had to do it agan I would not change my color scheme. I also like the classic look of the black and white tiles and the Smoke gives it a punch of modern design if that makes sense.

At the end of the day you have to decide on what you really want. If you don't like it after a year return the tiles to any costco and get a full refund.

Attached Images      
Old 07-07-2006, 08:35 PM
Banned by Moderators
one more pic....

Attached Images  
Old 07-07-2006, 08:38 PM
Banned by Moderators
Kevin they were always bundled... BTW those pics that was right after install so the tiles do look a bit dull and dusty.

Old 07-08-2006, 01:25 AM
Originally Posted by Kevin M
Thats wierd they did sell the black & white boxes separately when I bought them in January.
did you do black and white too? got any pics.

sandoval: your garage looks awesome. i had thought of doing the different color underneath the car, but figured i'd never see it as long as the car was in the garage

Old 07-08-2006, 01:38 AM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by deputydog95
did you do black and white too? got any pics.
Yea I bought the black & white, no pics yet, I haven't installed them.
They've been sitting in boxes in my garage since January. I was waiting for summer, and now I just haven't had a free weekend to start the project. But I will post them as soon as its done.

Old 07-08-2006, 02:44 PM
scott is infamous around these parts
Guys, I have race deck and it too will buckle in the heat. Mine does during the summer and I have plenty of clearance from the wall. It goes back down at night when it cools off. I would not put the pergo padding underneath unless you never plan to get it wet. Also, as someone told me on this forum, a great way to clean it is with mop-n-glo. It works great and looks new every time, and I have had salt, mud, etc on it every winter.

Old 07-08-2006, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by scott
Guys, I have race deck and it too will buckle in the heat. Mine does during the summer and I have plenty of clearance from the wall. It goes back down at night when it cools off. I would not put the pergo padding underneath unless you never plan to get it wet. Also, as someone told me on this forum, a great way to clean it is with mop-n-glo. It works great and looks new every time, and I have had salt, mud, etc on it every winter.
well, that's dissapointing. i was just getting ready to order the race deck. now i don't know if i should or not if the racedeck is going to do the same thing.

how bad does it buckle? mine comes right off the floor and it's mostly the black tiles.

Old 07-08-2006, 03:21 PM
scott is infamous around these parts
Same with racedeck. Black tiles buckle right up off the floor where sun hits, and only at the edge, not in the middle.

Old 07-08-2006, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by scott
Same with racedeck. Black tiles buckle right up off the floor where sun hits, and only at the edge, not in the middle.
and just to confirm, you're using the actual "racedeck" brand?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Costco Moto Floor on Sale (Racedeck) ends July 16th