Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

Costco Moto Floor on Sale (Racedeck) ends July 16th

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 11:34 AM
Banned by Moderators
SANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura about
Costco Moto Floor on Sale (Racedeck) ends July 16th

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...1134043&pos=0F

Old 07-03-2006, 09:16 PM
dtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud of
Race deck

Eric,

Do you like/recommend the Costo garage flooring? I have to do something w/ my floor and this may be the way to go.

Also, When you put your GT2 wheels on your TT, did you have to use any spacers? Was clearance an issue?

Thx, David, the yellow caliper dude

Old 07-04-2006, 01:51 AM
Banned by Moderators
SANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura about
Tehe Costco tiles are re-labled race Deck tiles made by Snap lock insdusties. I love them def. the way to go! Use the pergo floor install kit though. The kit is also sold at costco. Check out Deputy dogs thread below on flooring. Lots of good info.

Wheels Porsche made these wheels in the TT offset. So no spacers needed. They may be up for sale if I can find a set of Sportec Mono's at a reasonable price.

Old 07-06-2006, 01:04 AM
GHOSTRIDER-TT is infamous around these partsGHOSTRIDER-TT is infamous around these parts
I would do this in a heart beat if it was the colors I wanted.

Old 07-06-2006, 08:10 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
i haven't checked the link, but what is the price per square foot delivered with tax?

Old 07-06-2006, 06:47 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SANDOVAL
Tehe Costco tiles are re-labled race Deck tiles made by Snap lock insdusties. I love them def. the way to go! Use the pergo floor install kit though. The kit is also sold at costco. Check out Deputy dogs thread below on flooring. Lots of good info.

Wheels Porsche made these wheels in the TT offset. So no spacers needed. They may be up for sale if I can find a set of Sportec Mono's at a reasonable price.
i am having major problems with my sam's tiles. looks like they will be going back. talked to the manuf. on the phone today at great length.

i am going to have order something else. either race deck or these.

sandoval: how do you know these are re-labled race deck? i'm not questioning you, just curious if you compared them or talked to the manuf, etc.... i don't want to do this install for a 3rd time.

my sam's tiles are buckling huge in the heat. looks terrible. i have plenty of space around the edges. seems the black tiles are blowing up when the sun hits them. when i get this all done, i'm going to write a post on what to do and not to do when it comes to this flooring. i'm learning some valuable lessons here

i have come up with a ballpark price of $2.5 per square foot delivered with tax and finishing kit.

Old 07-06-2006, 06:59 PM
Banned by Moderators
When i was doing my research I looked at a bunch of tiles. I ordered a pack of the costco tiles to compare. They were drop shipped from Snaplock in Utah. I called Snaplock and they said they make tiles for a bunch of companies that have relabled Race Deck, Overstock, Costco, sears, griots to name a few. Each of them have lmited color and the tread patterns are different. But the designs, materials, etc. of the actual tiles are the same. The edge is different though the Race deck Edging is a bit wider then the costco edge. So I ordered those edges from griots. The tiles themselves looked identicle except fo the tread pattern. Costco has a double diamond plate design. My garage gets HOT in the summer, and FREEEEZING in the winter. After a year they look the same as they did when I installed them. Cleanup is a breeze. I bought one of those hardwood wet dry upright vacs. Whenever I get the floor really dirty I spray on diluted degreaser (Also from Costco) then I go over the tiles with the wet push vac. It sucks up ll of the dirt then I go back with cotton white shop towels (Also @ costco) and I use my feet/towel to polish the floor.

Old 07-06-2006, 08:56 PM
i went to griot's site and they sell their tile for $4.5? can that be right? race deck typically sells for $3.5.

so the griots edging fit perfectly with the costco tiles?

how did the back of the tiles compare? did the costco look the same as the racedeck? my sam's tiles looked positively flimsey on the back compared to the race deck. i guess you get what you pay for.

are the costo tiles flat or glossy? my sam's were very glossy and i didn't really care for it under artificial lighting.

Last edited by deputydog95; 07-06-2006 at 09:01 PM.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:08 PM
Banned by Moderators
They are more like a semi gloss. Yes the backs are the same, same Pat. pend. channel design so that the air flows beneath the tiles letting moisture escape. The Griots edge works flawlessly. You can use any of the race deck edge with the Costco tiles. I just used griots because I could order individual pieces because I only needed 15 of them.

Old 07-07-2006, 12:16 AM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
OK Deputydog & Eric, throw me your do's and dont's for the install. I have the Pergo to go underneath. What did you guys use to cut the flooring? I also have the edging from Costco as well, do I need to leave some spacing up against the walls? Tips and tricks would be appreciated, thanks guys!

Old 07-07-2006, 12:30 AM
Banned by Moderators
Use a table saw I bought a Ryobi TS for $99 at HD.
You will need a Plywood/fine tooth blade.
The plastic tiles cut very easily.
Leave a 1/4 inch space between the wall and the tile.
Rubber mallet is helpful but not mandatory
Pergo floor pad is a must (They sell it at Costco in a kit)
HD sells the rubber base in 4' strips I think it is a must for a finished look. It also hides your cuts.

The installation is a SNAP no pun inteded ha ha... Seriously it is a very easy process.

Old 07-07-2006, 12:49 AM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
Eric, what rubber base are you referring to? Where does it go? in between Pergo and tile?

Old 07-07-2006, 01:10 AM
Banned by Moderators
you are covering pergo? I have concrete then the Pergo padding. Or any interlocking wood floor padding will work. Costco sells the kits in the kit there is 150 sqft roll of foam padding covered with a plastic sheet. This is used as a barrier to give you noise control. If you don't the tiles will clack against the concrete when you walk on them. It also gives you a little more cushion.

Old 07-07-2006, 01:23 AM
Modaholic
I have concrete now, and I bought what you had recommended the Harmonics glueless laminate flooring from Costco.

I was confused on this part "HD sells the rubber base in 4' strips I think it is a must for a finished look. It also hides your cuts. "

Old 07-07-2006, 07:52 AM
he's talking about rubber cover base molding. do a search for that. it is a 4" rubber base that covers 4" of the wall from the base of the wall. at the same time it also covers the the 1/4" edge you have between the tile and the wall. it's just used for a finishing look. don't get longer than 4' strips. it gets too hard to work with it. i am going to through a thread up soon with so do's and don't, which will include a link on how to install rubber cove base molding.

i would be cautious with the pergo kit underneath. i live in a high humidity area. i was told there would be a change of growing mildew underneath as the air flow would be severely restricted by the padding. it's really not that noisy without the padding. but it does sound like you're walking on plastic. guess the pad will depend on how much moisture you're dealing with. i like to be able to mop the floor and let it dry by itself.

sandoval: what do the costco tiles call for with regards to spacing? my sam's called for a 1/2 inch and it expanded every bit of that. then again, they were cheap tiles.

sandoval: just to confirm.

the race deck are identical to the costco in thickness, length, height, and back side design?

the edge pieces are totally interchangeable between race deck and the costco?

the only difference is the tread pattern on top? it's hard to tell from the costco pics? how does the diamond tread pattern differ between the two? doe the costco just have more diamonds?

thanks for you help.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Costco Moto Floor on Sale (Racedeck) ends July 16th