Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

Garage Lifts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 08:35 PM
trinitony is a jewel in the roughtrinitony is a jewel in the roughtrinitony is a jewel in the roughtrinitony is a jewel in the rough
anyone own one of these..looks neat
http://kwiklift.com

Attached Images  
Old 09-11-2006, 10:03 PM
tme
tme is infamous around these parts
Have had the Backyard Buddy for 3 years, no problems. Took me and my bussy <4 hrs as I remember, it's a big erector set. Not hard at all. If your car is lowered you need to get the longer ramps. here are some pics
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...=9ActGrZk1aM6o
As u can see this before I became a modaholic

Last edited by tme; 09-11-2006 at 10:09 PM.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:57 AM
HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by brnsrgn
Thanks HIRISC.

That's the kind of information I was hoping to attract to this thread. If everybody on 6 speed who has a lift of some sort were to post similar info, it would be of great help to those of us in ther market. Thanks.
No sweat

I remember how hard it was trying to find some actual detail about scissor lifts in general as well as specifics when I had narrowed it down to a couple of brands.

The manufacturers of these things really need to re-take Marketing 101.

Chris

Old 09-12-2006, 08:23 AM
brnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant future
What's difficult is some market that they have feature a, and it is important, while others market something else. And it is near impossible to see these in person before purchasing. Makes buying a car look easy.

Old 09-12-2006, 08:12 PM
brnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant future
Found another lift that looks similar to the backyardbuddy, but actually has more steel and costs a little less. Classic lifts from Texas. I an getting more info from them. From my reserach to date these two lifts seem to be built to the highest standard. Perhaps more safe than the channel design lifts sold by most other vendors. For those few interested I will continue to post what I learn.

Old 10-07-2006, 02:37 AM
SKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud of
What is the typical cost for a 4 post lift? Any recommended dealers or installers in the Los Angles area?

Old 10-07-2006, 09:29 AM
JamesN. is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by shonuf
rotary makes fine lifts. they are ali certified as any lift you choose should be. i chose a mohawk lift. its probably overbulit.
carlos
It is overkill for a residential application, but it makes the Rotary look flimsy in comparison. I plan on puchasing a Mohawk for my next lift - the System 1 is the benchmark that all lifts should be measured against.

http://www.mohawklifts.com/consumer/system1.php

Old 10-08-2006, 10:25 PM
Banned
Tso GT3 is infamous around these parts
I am looking for free standing 4 post lift and will either go with Backyard Buddy or Eagle equipment. Any suggestion? My concern is the ceiling of my garage (9 1/2 foot), how high should I raise the ceiling in order to work under the car in standing position? I have a 3 car garage, how much $ does it take to raise the ceiling for the whole garage? I got an estimate of $13,000-$16,000 to add a fourth garage (attached to the original 3 car garage), does it sound reasonable? Thanks you very much for your help.

Old 10-09-2006, 08:40 AM
If you are lookign at backyard, also look at classic from texas. They appear to be quite good. Prices are a little less too. Budget about 4-5K for lift.

Don't know about lifting ceiling.

Old 10-09-2006, 08:17 PM
Banned
How much does the Rotary lift cost? Did we set up any group buy for the Rotary lift? A friend of mine said Rotary makes really good lift and he didn't like the backyard buddy.

Old 10-10-2006, 02:20 AM
what didn't he like about the backyard buddy?

two posters need 6 inches of good concrete to mount in. Please let me know what his problm was. rotary 4 post does not look as good as backtaed or classic. Rotary two post is completely different.

Old 10-10-2006, 08:45 AM
Banned
My friend is a house builder/Car nut and you are correct he has a 2 post Challenger lift as well as more than 6 inches of good concrete floor. He didn't explain much as to why backyard buddy is not good, but he did say if that's what your life is worth. I figure it might have something to do with either the rigidity or the balance of the post. He also mentioned most of the residential concrete garage floor is about 4-5 inches thick. I am torned between all the choices and I think either Backyard Buddy or Eagle equipment is alright for our use. But I did call both of them and the customer service was not that good especially Jason from Backyard Buddy. Maybe I just happened to caught them in a bad day but I am also concerned about the after purchase service. In addition, I am worry about the safety of my kids. I would also like to work on the car without using a creeper but it seems like a 9.5 foot garage ceiling is not going to work.

Old 10-10-2006, 04:21 PM
D-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud of
Finally placed last minute order with local Rotary Rep for 2 ea. lifts in order to make it on his standard delivery therefore, saving us the extra delivery charge. Purchased a 4 post Revolution system w/castors (RFP7XLT) for SilverSurfer priced under $4,400. And a SPO10-RA, 2 post Asymmetrical for me priced under $3,300. Delivery and assembly will be extra, don't have that figure yet.

Old 10-12-2006, 09:50 PM
BCS996TT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by INTMD8
I have a bend-pak 2 post assymetrical lift. Easy to open the doors as the lift beams are positioned further forward to the centerline of the vehicle. Also I optioned for the low profile lift arms which helps tremendously with lowered vehicles.

Most 2-post clear-floor lifts are 12 feet tall. My garage ceilings are 11ft 7in and the lift I ordered is 11ft 6in so it fit perfectly.

It's one of the best additions to the garage yet.
Do you have to keep the garage door closed in order to work on the car? Do you have pics of the lift with the garage door open and closed?

Im having some issues with my builder on how the door will open if I have a car on the lift and one below.

My ceilings are only 11.5 ft high, so I must use a low clearance 2 post lift.

Old 10-12-2006, 09:58 PM
BCS996TT is infamous around these parts
4 inch 3000psi concrete base is all that is needed for most 2 post lifts with a 12k or less lifting capacity.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Garage Lifts