Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

Garage Lifts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 12:47 PM
brnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant future
Garage Lifts

I know many of you have garage lifts. I now need one. I've searched the forums, and there is little I can find other than a few threads that have a limited amount of information.

So please, if you have a lift, let us know what kind of lift you have.
What do you use it for?
What features are good? bad?
What would do differently?

Let's try and get some real data here, so limit your responses to items you have personal experience with.

This can be a real useful tool for those of us expanding our stable.

Old 08-25-2006, 01:28 PM
D-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud of
I am in the middle of a garage rebuild which will include a 2 post Rotary brand asymetrical type 9-10K lb. capacity. Have done some research and purchasing locally directly from the Rotary rep. Rotary is one of the best brands out there, if this a direction you would want to go maybe we can leverage our purchases for a "package" deal.

Benefits:
2 Post: Smaller foot print. Can change wheels easier vs. 4 Post. Easier to work on car vs. 4 post as ramps are in way.
Asymetrical: Can open car doors easier vs. Symetrical

Old 08-25-2006, 01:46 PM
brnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant future
Let's see how much interest this post genereates, maybe a group buy is possible. Any downsides to the two post? How much? Safety and reliability are the two most important issues in my mind.

Have a web site for the lift you are refering to?

Old 08-25-2006, 04:45 PM
Neighbor is infamous around these parts
I'm interested. I have to store more cars to feed my addiction.

Old 08-25-2006, 05:24 PM
smistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond repute
I might be interested in a group buy, depending on space constraints.

Sameer

Old 08-26-2006, 02:07 AM
D-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud of
No safety issues. Rotary is the best. Look at all of the high end shops that use lifts. Just make sure that you have 5" of concrete in good condition to anchor lift into.
Rotary lift website is: www.rotarylift.com
The model that I am going to get is the SPOA10 or SPO10. Installed price locally in Seattle @$3,500.

Old 08-26-2006, 06:53 PM
Banned
Tso GT3 is infamous around these parts
I might be interested if there's a dealer in New York, price and space constraints. I have a 3 car garage but regular garage ceiling. Would that work? Thank you very much for your help.

Old 08-26-2006, 07:03 PM
shonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to behold
rotary makes fine lifts. they are ali certified as any lift you choose should be. i chose a mohawk lift. its probably overbulit.
carlos

Old 08-27-2006, 10:47 AM
Lizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of light
only downside to two post lifts is that the posts will be where you eventually need to open your doors so that can be annoying and spell trouble if you have an absent-minded wife

Old 08-27-2006, 12:41 PM
With two post lifts is it a pain to set them up each time you want to lift the car, as opposed to driving onto the 4 post lifts?

Also is it bad for the suspension to hang for extended periods of time? I am mostly going to use the lift for storage issues. Occasionally may swap a set of winter wheels, etc. Not a lot of maintenance.

Also how do you tell how thick your concrete is short of drilling a hole??

Old 08-27-2006, 09:07 PM
Bruinbro is a jewel in the roughBruinbro is a jewel in the roughBruinbro is a jewel in the rough
Get both! I hang out at the Speed Gallery,especially before a track day and in one of their bays they have a 4 post lift for alignments and a two post asymmetrical rack. It's really nice being able to choose which lift to use for different jobs.

Bro

Last edited by Bruinbro; 08-28-2006 at 01:21 AM.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:10 AM
Factory Pilot is infamous around these parts
+1 for group buy

Old 08-28-2006, 12:30 PM
G Rides Inc. is infamous around these parts
Hello everybody, this is my first post. I thought I could help on this topic as I have also been researching lifts and decided on a Rotary too. I ordered their SPOA10-RA which is essentially the same lift as the SPOA10 but, the RA version is equipped with the new Three-Stage/Front Arms providing more range of motion, a lower 3 7/8” minimum adapter height for picking up low cars and the adapter contact points are made of a Polymer so, no metal to metal contact.

This lift was not in-stock with our local distributor but, it’s only taking 2-weeks to have it shipped to California from Rotary and the price was still about the same as the SPOA10 which, the local distributor did have on the shelf or I guess floor.

Hope that helps and I look forward to getting to know everybody here.

Thanks,
Gary

Originally Posted by D-UberCars
No safety issues. Rotary is the best. Look at all of the high end shops that use lifts. Just make sure that you have 5" of concrete in good condition to anchor lift into.
Rotary lift website is: www.rotarylift.com
The model that I am going to get is the SPOA10 or SPO10. Installed price locally in Seattle @$3,500.

Old 08-28-2006, 12:30 PM
Somebody here had bought a backyard buddy and liked it. Was it difficult to build? Seems to have first rate construction, even better than the revolution (made by rotary).

Old 08-28-2006, 12:43 PM
G Rides, welcome.

Are you using the lift for service, or storage, or both?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Garage Lifts