Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

Question for Race Deck users

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 11:08 PM
TurboAWD is infamous around these parts
Question for Race Deck users

I was planning on purchasing the Costco Race Deck for my garage, then I heard that they are good only if the vehicle goes straight in and out. Once you turn the steering wheel, the Race Deck tiles twists and dislodges from the clips. Is that the case? If so, can anyone recommend any tiles for a garage where the cars has to turn to park and get out.

TIA

Manuel

Old 09-15-2006, 01:27 AM
Banned by Moderators
SANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura about
It's never been a problem for me. I have had them installed for over a year.

Old 09-15-2006, 12:45 PM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
I got mine direct from Race Deck, this has never been a problem. How often do you turn the wheel in the garage??

Old 09-15-2006, 03:15 PM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
I've only had one issue with them snapping out, a friend pulled his truck
in to unload some tires, the truck was half way in the garage and my driveway has a big slope, so when he pulled out, some of the tiles popped out. Thats the only issue I've had.

Old 09-15-2006, 09:04 PM
TurboAWD is infamous around these parts
Thanks for all the replies, guys. I guess it's ok to use them then.

Originally Posted by Griza
I got mine direct from Race Deck, this has never been a problem. How often do you turn the wheel in the garage??
We have to turn the wheel every time we park. Garage is "T" shape. Three cars turn to park and two go straight.

Old 09-17-2006, 10:05 AM
zen garage is infamous around these parts
I have had my sportcourt tiles, similar to racedeck in my garage for several years. No issues whatsoever, from parking a viper to a snowplow on them the tiles never seperate from each other

Old 10-08-2006, 01:06 AM
kinkade is infamous around these parts
I 've had racedeck for over 1year and no problems even if i enter garage at an angle!

Old 10-08-2006, 08:25 AM
GT 350 is infamous around these parts
My tiles have bunched up sometimes, but nothing major.

Old 10-15-2006, 05:01 PM
chucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of light
my Racedeck

Here are some pics of my Racedeck tiles. As you can see I have a pretty big space. I have not had any trouble with them coming loose or any other problems and I turn on them everytime I park a car.

The only problem I have is that my garage door faces the South. If I leave the door open on a hot, sunny day they will heat up and buckle in the middle. As soon as they cool down they "relax" back into place. Maybe I should have left a little more expansion room on the sides???

Chuck

Attached Images      
Old 10-15-2006, 07:12 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
spacing won't help. that's just what they do. i have plenty of gap in mine. my garage faces east too. if i leave the door open in the am, they buckle some and that's with the half inch gap all the way around. it helps to use lighter tiles, but the dark ones (ie black) retail too much heat and warp. they go back into place once they cool down though, so no worries.

Old 10-17-2006, 04:51 PM
GHOSTRIDER-TT is infamous around these partsGHOSTRIDER-TT is infamous around these parts
Holy sweetass garage space Batman!!

Old 10-24-2006, 10:29 AM
DaveH is a jewel in the roughDaveH is a jewel in the roughDaveH is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER-TT
Holy sweetass garage space Batman!!
But where's the washer, dryer and lawn mower? Must have been "off shot".

Old 10-24-2006, 07:01 PM
emissary is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by chucksweet
Here are some pics of my Racedeck tiles. As you can see I have a pretty big space. I have not had any trouble with them coming loose or any other problems and I turn on them everytime I park a car.
Chuck
That is an incredible garage...forgive my ignorance, but is it underground???

Old 10-25-2006, 07:07 PM
Dan
Dan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to behold
can you post more pics

Old 10-27-2006, 07:04 AM
chucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by DaveH
But where's the washer, dryer and lawn mower? Must have been "off shot".
This is just my garage for storing the cars. I have another garage that is attached to this where the tools, lift, car wash, etc are.

Chuck

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Question for Race Deck users