Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

Cheapest Garage Floor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 02:41 PM
drdrilz is a jewel in the roughdrdrilz is a jewel in the roughdrdrilz is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by hyboost
Costco flooring is back on sale at $99 per box of 48. Sale ends January 2nd. This is really tempting, coming out to roughly $2 per square foot.
it normally goes on sale for $89. plus yopu have to figure in the tax at about $14 per box. when overstock has them in stock its about the same price but they usually offer black and grey tiles separately. at costco they only come in grey or black/white combo boxes

Old 12-30-2006, 07:32 PM
ukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond repute
The rustoleum epoxy flooring from Home Depot is pretty easy to apply and holds up well, less than $150 for a two car garage.

Old 12-30-2006, 07:52 PM
HdS
HdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by drdrilz
have pics?
Here's a very old pic (like 3 years old or something)...I'll take some pics tomorrow if you want cause now it's dark and both cars are inside.

Old 03-20-2007, 07:50 PM
locus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by deputydog95
these are the ones i have:

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/nav...=5&item=329377

they are even cheaper now. these things are a litte more than a dollar a tile plus shipping and tax. unfortunatley they are only offering them in blue and yellow right now. i would keep my eye out on the site if you are serious about it and have a budget. like i said, i got mine in black and grey and it was around half the shipped price of race deck. i have to admit the race deck is a nicer product, but i am not using it in a commercial application so the sam's works fine for me.
Can anyone PM me sams' club id or account information so I can purchase them on line?

Old 03-23-2007, 08:40 AM
MrBonus is infamous around these parts
I just laid down rubber BigFoot floor tiles for $2.28 per square foot. I cannot comment on the durability but I love the look.

Before:

After:

Old 03-23-2007, 11:33 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
looks great. do they have ventilation underneath to keep mildew from accumulating?

Old 03-23-2007, 04:06 PM
MrBonus is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by deputydog95
looks great. do they have ventilation underneath to keep mildew from accumulating?
They are elevated by small square channels but I'm not sure how well it's ventilated.

Old 03-27-2007, 02:22 PM
OnTheGreen is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Tim W.
I put down VCT tile from Home Depot. It was .70 a square. Been down for 3+ years and holds up like a champ.
Thanks for doing that! I have some I would use for a display at car shows. I always thought about using it on the floor.

What did you use to attach it to the floor? Some form or gluey stuff?

Thanks again
Bryan

Old 03-27-2007, 02:26 PM
Banned
Tim W. is infamous around these parts
Yeah. It is a special glue that has to set up. Put it on and let cure for 20 min or so then put down your tile. Has worked like a champ.

Old 03-27-2007, 02:33 PM
OnTheGreen is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Tim W.
Yeah. It is a special glue that has to set up. Put it on and let cure for 20 min or so then put down your tile. Has worked like a champ.
Cool, thanks for that.
I assume it's sold right there with the tires? And did you prep the floor other than washed it and sweeping before laying down the tiles?

Thanks! I am going to try it next week

Old 03-30-2007, 09:02 PM
Imolas54 is infamous around these parts
anyone try pergo flooring before in the garage? i have the racedeck now and i don't like how the water gets in between the tiles and gets all nasty down in the foam layer i put on...