Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

Cheapest Garage Floor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 04:40 PM
Duane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud of
Cheapest Garage Floor

Guy's I want to do something on my garage floor. I dont want anything crazy because we are in the proces of building a new house and I will only be in this house a year or two more max. I was thinking the Race Deck floor they sell at Costso but it works out to $2.50 per sqft which is still more than I want to spend. If I cannot find anything cheaper I will just paint it for now.

Old 11-26-2006, 05:40 PM
Dev911 is just really niceDev911 is just really niceDev911 is just really niceDev911 is just really nice
cheap floors are very "clacky" / plastic- hollow sounding.

Old 11-27-2006, 09:08 AM
JarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of light
Building a new house? I have never met someone who changes his mind on buying/location so much.

Old 11-27-2006, 10:01 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
i went with the sam's tiles. they seem to be holding up very well. they were about $1.80 per tile delivered. they won't hold up to jacking or motorcycle kickstands, but then again $3 per tile racedeck won't either (i tested it). so far so good. mine have been in for about 6 months.

Old 11-27-2006, 06:32 PM
Duane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by deputydog95
i went with the sam's tiles. they seem to be holding up very well. they were about $1.80 per tile delivered. they won't hold up to jacking or motorcycle kickstands, but then again $3 per tile racedeck won't either (i tested it). so far so good. mine have been in for about 6 months.
I looked on Sam's website and only say the one you were talking about in Red and Black. Also it worked out to much more than $1.80 per sqft.

Old 11-27-2006, 07:14 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
when i did it, they had black, white, grey, and red. maybe they had a price jump. mine was $1.80 per tile, delivered. i did mine in grey and black. came out nice.

Old 11-27-2006, 07:23 PM
these are the ones i have:

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/nav...=5&item=329377

they are even cheaper now. these things are a litte more than a dollar a tile plus shipping and tax. unfortunatley they are only offering them in blue and yellow right now. i would keep my eye out on the site if you are serious about it and have a budget. like i said, i got mine in black and grey and it was around half the shipped price of race deck. i have to admit the race deck is a nicer product, but i am not using it in a commercial application so the sam's works fine for me.

Old 11-29-2006, 09:36 AM
drdrilz is a jewel in the roughdrdrilz is a jewel in the roughdrdrilz is a jewel in the rough
if you get race deck tiles, you can take them with you to your new home. as for the clikety clack sound, you can put some pergo underlayment beneath it to deaden the sound somewhat. look at www.overstock.com for tiles as well. they usually have black, white, and grey tiles with free shipping.

Old 11-29-2006, 01:04 PM
Denstoyz is infamous around these parts
Looking at those Sams Club ones but for some reson it will only allow me to select yellow and blue for color?

Deputy - can you post pic of yours done?

Old 11-29-2006, 02:29 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Is there just a paint for garage flooring that is easy to apply yourself and not expensive? I was curious myself about that route or does garage floor paint flake after time ?

Old 11-29-2006, 03:54 PM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
Duane, speaking from experience, don't waste your time or money on the paint, it looks ok for the first year... This should sell you on the difference..

Costco Race Decks..

Old 12-15-2006, 12:38 AM
Banned
Tim W. is infamous around these parts
I put down VCT tile from Home Depot. It was .70 a square. Been down for 3+ years and holds up like a champ.

Old 12-15-2006, 09:00 AM
hyboost is infamous around these parts
Costco flooring is back on sale at $99 per box of 48. Sale ends January 2nd. This is really tempting, coming out to roughly $2 per square foot.

Old 12-20-2006, 10:51 PM
HdS
HdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud of
We have ceramic tiles or something. Cost was around $1,400 for a two car garage including installation.

I say just paint it.

Old 12-29-2006, 02:37 PM
drdrilz is a jewel in the roughdrdrilz is a jewel in the roughdrdrilz is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by HdS
We have ceramic tiles or something. Cost was around $1,400 for a two car garage including installation.

I say just paint it.
have pics?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cheapest Garage Floor