Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

Lift finally goes in...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 12:11 PM
crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KRZY1
Beautiful cars, and nice looking lift.

What is the height on the garage? Also does it have a stop (Physical or limit switch) so you don't hit the garage door opener as from the pics looks like it could get close.

Again, very nice fit for your collection.

The garage height is 120 inches(10ft). I've marked the lift so I know when to stop..

Old 12-13-2006, 12:12 PM
crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by drjoe
nice....is the lift on concrete (did you tile around it?) looks like racedeck..
racedeck it is..

Old 12-13-2006, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by RDH
Glad it worked out...looks great...dont need that yet but who knows...I'm going to get some stuff done to my garage probably in January on the visual side...
Thanks for the heads up on the company. Its exactly what I was looking for..

Old 12-13-2006, 04:16 PM
G Rides Inc. is infamous around these parts
Gorgeous garage and cars.

Old 12-13-2006, 09:07 PM
Car_Collector is infamous around these parts
Nice, I was scared a lift in my garage wold hit the garage light.

Old 12-13-2006, 09:10 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by crush
racedeck it is..
That racedeck looks nice, you must have had it professionally installed.

Old 12-13-2006, 09:46 PM
brnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant future
I have had a side mounted motor for the garage door lift fitted so I can take full advantage of my garage 11'6". Pretty sweet design, because it allows the door to go straight up for a few feet and then curve back. That way only a few feet of garage door comes under the ceiling. Greatly improves the room above the cars.

Old 12-15-2006, 09:52 AM
Originally Posted by LUIS95993
That racedeck looks nice, you must have had it professionally installed.

possibly the BEST installation crew I've ever had ...

Old 12-18-2006, 03:25 PM
Suprise! is infamous around these parts
how much did the lift run you?

Old 12-19-2006, 10:31 AM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
Congrats on a sweet collection of cars. You should look into an I-Torsion garage door opener. It mounts on the wall above the garage door and rolls the door up. You can now also raise the garage door rails to just below the ceiling. It takes the place of the ceiling mount to give you much more clearance. That is what I did in my garage when I got my lift. Also, it is quiet and opens and closes faster.

Old 12-19-2006, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by Griza
Congrats on a sweet collection of cars. You should look into an I-Torsion garage door opener. It mounts on the wall above the garage door and rolls the door up. You can now also raise the garage door rails to just below the ceiling. It takes the place of the ceiling mount to give you much more clearance. That is what I did in my garage when I got my lift. Also, it is quiet and opens and closes faster.
I'll look in to it, thx..

Old 12-20-2006, 02:23 PM
drdrilz is a jewel in the roughdrdrilz is a jewel in the roughdrdrilz is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by crush
racedeck it is..
so the lift is on top of the racedeck??? is it bolted to the concrete? surely these things dont just sit on the surface do they???
sick cars you have there btw!!

Old 12-20-2006, 02:53 PM
brnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant future
That's a real interesting question. I researched this extensively. The rotary and other similar designed units are only approved based upon them being bolted to the floor. Then they go and sell casters for their units?
If you look st pics on the web sites, you can see that these systems are rarely bolted down. Hmmmmm.

Old 12-20-2006, 03:21 PM
TUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant future
Nice looking garage....congrats...

Old 12-20-2006, 03:26 PM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
I have mine the same way as crush, sitting right on top of the RaceDeck tiles.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lift finally goes in...