Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

Lift finally goes in...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 08:56 PM
nathanc4s is infamous around these parts
lift

now that is a sweet set up. what make is the lift and do they instal or did you have to arange that. very nice .....

Old 12-29-2006, 02:42 PM
drdrilz is a jewel in the roughdrdrilz is a jewel in the roughdrdrilz is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Griza
I have mine the same way as crush, sitting right on top of the RaceDeck tiles.
do they recommend bolting to the floor though? is there any movement in the lift?

Old 12-29-2006, 02:46 PM
G Rides Inc. is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by drdrilz
do they recommend bolting to the floor though? is there any movement in the lift?
I don't think so on a Rotary Revolution 4-Post. They have a caster option on those so you can move the lift around.

Old 12-29-2006, 04:28 PM
brnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant future
its safety approval is based on it being bolted. The existance of casters is interesting to say the least. I called them on this, and got a lot of hemming and hawing.

Old 12-29-2006, 04:30 PM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by drdrilz
Just to confirm what G Rides said, you do not bolt to the floor and it does come with casters to move the lift around if you need to. The lift is extremely stable and there is no movement whatsoever. They also come with drip trays so nothing will leak down on whatever you have below.

Old 12-29-2006, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by Griza
Just to confirm what G Rides said, you do not bolt to the floor and it does come with casters to move the lift around if you need to. The lift is extremely stable and there is no movement whatsoever. They also come with drip trays so nothing will leak down on whatever you have below.
Sounds like your happy with it, I love our Rotary 2-Post. I guess I should've noted that the casters I mentioned are retractable so the lift is only on wheels when you want to move it.

Old 12-30-2006, 12:48 PM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
On my lift, the casters are removable. I don't have them on since I don't plan on moving the lift anywhere. Yes, I am very happy with my lift. I didn't want any of my cars outside in the winter. I have three cars and a two car garage so I got lucky that my ceiling is a bit over 12'........

Old 01-24-2007, 07:24 PM
topgunq is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by crush
The garage height is 120 inches(10ft). I've marked the lift so I know when to stop..
Yeah that could be an expensive mistake.....

Old 01-25-2007, 12:23 AM
Banned by Moderators
SANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura about
You need a Wayne Dalton Idrive garage door opener. It will eliminate the hanging motor.

http://www.wayne-dalton.com/idrive_TorqueMaster.asp

Old 01-25-2007, 04:17 AM
supranick750hp is infamous around these parts
wow thats an awsome looking garage with great cars to go with it.

Old 01-25-2007, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by SANDOVAL
You need a Wayne Dalton Idrive garage door opener. It will eliminate the hanging motor.

http://www.wayne-dalton.com/idrive_TorqueMaster.asp
Great find!! What an excellent idea and solution to increase head room. I give you rep point for that.

Gary

Old 01-25-2007, 03:11 PM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
Looks nice! And sweet rides!

Old 01-25-2007, 03:13 PM
Banned by Moderators
SANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura about
No problem I have had mine in for over a year and it works great it also gives the garage a much more open feel.

Old 01-26-2007, 06:29 AM
24lemans is infamous around these parts
If the lift is sitting on top of the Racedeck, do you guys see any deformation or compression of the tile?

Old 01-26-2007, 12:32 PM
crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 24lemans
If the lift is sitting on top of the Racedeck, do you guys see any deformation or compression of the tile?
its hard to tell but no significant difference yet.

by the way, the torquemaster did not work for several reasons, thx for the heads up anyway...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lift finally goes in...