Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

A little add-on for the toys

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-27-2007, 11:39 PM
Taiwanese is infamous around these parts
very nice.......please keep the pic coming

Old 06-05-2007, 07:17 AM
Michael W. is infamous around these partsMichael W. is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Ken
out of curiosity, what do you think you'll end up spend per square foot on the build? My contractors are saying it's around $200/sqft
I can't imagine a garage costing $200/sq ft. The garage is 22 x 28, so, 1232 sq ft for basement and main level, guessing 350 sq ft for top level, total say 1550 sq ft. At $200/sq ft that would be $310k.

BTW, project looks awesome!!

Old 06-05-2007, 08:19 AM
DaveKrek is just really niceDaveKrek is just really niceDaveKrek is just really niceDaveKrek is just really nice
Michael,

It's hard to say because the contract did not include painting, driveway, finish trim, etc. I'd guess about $100 per square foot..... for a three level building. It's really a house without a bathroom and kitchen.

Old 06-05-2007, 08:42 AM
DaveKrek is just really niceDaveKrek is just really niceDaveKrek is just really niceDaveKrek is just really nice
A little paint

Pool progress

More to come in a few days....

Old 06-05-2007, 10:01 AM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Michael W.
I can't imagine a garage costing $200/sq ft. The garage is 22 x 28, so, 1232 sq ft for basement and main level, guessing 350 sq ft for top level, total say 1550 sq ft. At $200/sq ft that would be $310k.

BTW, project looks awesome!!
I can see it, this is slightly nicer than your average garage.

Originally Posted by DaveKrek
Michael,

It's hard to say because the contract did not include painting, driveway, finish trim, etc. I'd guess about $100 per square foot..... for a three level building. It's really a house without a bathroom and kitchen.
I've long wondered why more people don't put a bathroom in their garage, especially guys who spend a lot of time out there. My ex gfs dad had one built in his and it was awesome. For the relatively minimal expense it's a damn nice add on.

Old 06-05-2007, 10:18 AM
Originally Posted by Vicious
I've long wondered why more people don't put a bathroom in their garage
The City will not issue a permit. They think you're building a rental property.

And the cost is not so small

Old 06-05-2007, 10:40 AM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
The City will not issue a permit. They think you're building a rental property.

And the cost is not so small
Wow thats brutal. I would think based on your neighborhood they would give you a little slack. Doesn't look like the type of place where someone would rent out their garage. Tell them you'll put a porta-chitter in your driveway out of spite for the next year if they don't approve it.

Sorry I should have clarified... when you're doing a complete ground up new structure the cost isn't bad as you already have easy access to the majority of the waste pipes. Having to dig all that up could be a real b*tch.

Old 06-05-2007, 05:53 PM
alkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura about
its comming out awesome

Old 06-05-2007, 06:29 PM
TAnthony is infamous around these parts
my wife and I are capitvated by your progress.... can't wait to see the next installments....

Old 06-05-2007, 08:13 PM
A little off topic. From the quad city air show this weekend.

If you ever get the chance to see the thunderbirds go... wow !

Old 06-06-2007, 09:35 PM
Banned
crazy1323 is infamous around these parts
A little off topic. From the quad city air show this weekend.

If you ever get the chance to see the thunderbirds go... wow !
Never saw the thunderbirds and their "lawn darts" but I have seen the Blue Angels many times. My uncle was in charge of NAVAIR for the Navy and stationed at PAX River, MD where there is a large air show every 2 years. I would go up a week early and watch them practice and sit on the tarmac and watch the entire team working together on the ground.

Few things are as cool as seeing a C-130 take off with some JATO's attached to the side.

Old 06-09-2007, 02:49 PM
Garage floor was poured today

Pool pumps and heater are placed

Boulder wall in progress

From across the pond

Lots of projects coming together !

Old 06-09-2007, 02:51 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
looking great Dave!!! thanks for posting all the pictures you do been a real joy sharing this with you...

Old 06-12-2007, 08:44 PM
silverarrow is infamous around these parts
add me to the list of subscribers to the progress of your garage

Old 06-13-2007, 07:08 AM
Originally Posted by silverarrow
add me to the list of subscribers to the progress of your garage
I think you have to use the Thread Toolbar at the top of the page

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: A little add-on for the toys