Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

Question about race deck

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 01:44 PM
ultgar is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Dr. T
Wish I had known.....the wife can't reach the locks . Your garage is unreal. I love it!
I've personally installed over 1000 Lista cabinets and know the product line better than most. For example, with the locks, you can specify the location on the door. Here are some cabinets I sold with sliding doors and locks on the top, center and bottom of the door.

Old 02-07-2007, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by eshaun
mr utlgar...would love to see more photos for ideas
I've got some pictures of the garage at http://www.ultimategarage.com/homegarage/UltGar2y.htm and the pages that follow. SD

Old 02-07-2007, 03:22 PM
CTRacer is infamous around these parts
Ultgar,
Cool seeing you here. I just saw your build on Garage Journal the other day. I'm christian over there. Awesome garage.

Old 02-07-2007, 03:51 PM
Damage is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ultgar
I've got some pictures of the garage at http://www.ultimategarage.com/homegarage/UltGar2y.htm and the pages that follow. SD
I remember reading about your garage. The ceramic tile flooring looks great.

Old 02-07-2007, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by Damage
I remember reading about your garage. The ceramic tile flooring looks great.
Here's another few pictures of the floor....my wife put her plants in the garage for the winter. I usually try to go with neutral colors for the walls, ceiling and floor. In a showroom garage (the workshop is the one with the epoxy floor), the car(s) should be the focal point and I didn't want a "busy" color scheme to detract from that.

Last edited by ultgar; 02-07-2007 at 04:15 PM.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:14 PM
chidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the rough
wow.. ultgar, your garage is awesome

Old 02-07-2007, 06:30 PM
G Rides Inc. is infamous around these parts
There are some beautiful garages in this thread. I thought about Race Deck and other similiar floorings. Also looked into epoxies and wound up going the route of lowest cost, not sure if it was the least amount of work. I cleaned the floor and scraped off lose paint for hours then applied two coats of masonry paint over the course of a weekend and Monday morning. Would of been done Sunday but, SuperBowl . I would have gone all out on a pro installed epoxy coating but this space is being leased. Hoping the paint holds up well, if it lifts or scuffs and needs touch up from time to time, no big deal to me, my goal of making the floor look better has coming together. One half done, one more half to go. My five gallon bucket of paint should be more than enough, covering about 1500 sqft with two coats with great coverage.

Attached Images      
Old 02-07-2007, 11:17 PM
Looks good. How cheap? Is that your shop that you're leasing with a 2 post? Probably not your personal garage that's leased with a 2 post.

Old 02-08-2007, 01:08 PM
G Rides Inc. is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by CTRacer
Looks good. How cheap? Is that your shop that you're leasing with a 2 post? Probably not your personal garage that's leased with a 2 post.
Thanks, glad you like it. $79.99 for the 5-gallon bucket from Home Depot. Used a powded bleach mixed in water to mop and clean to prep the floor. Yes that's my shop but I won't say much about it till I become a sponsor here. The space is leased, the lift we purchased and had installed. Great, great lift, Rotary SPOA-10RA.

Gary

Old 02-08-2007, 06:29 PM
Then you're going to take the lift with you when you move out of the space? cool

Old 02-15-2007, 10:53 AM
Banned
carguygarage is infamous around these parts
We sell the hard plastic tiles --
http://www.carguygarage.com/diamond-...-flooring.html
http://www.carguygarage.com/ribbed-garage-flooring.html
http://www.carguygarage.com/grated-garage-flooring.html
Those are made by Swiss Trax. If you want a pattern on your floor, that's the least expensive way to go. There are other hard plastic tile companies. Watch for the load that the tile can handle so that you can still use a floor jack on it. The thickness of the tile and the way it locks together help reduce the clicky-lego noise and feel which varies by brand. The Swiss Trax are higher-end hard plastic tiles.

We also sell the more rubber-like tiles
http://www.carguygarage.com/gaflti.html
Those are made by Tuff Seal http://www.tuffsealtile.com
These are the tiles you want if you've got the budget. They lock together, are water tight, and don't have the "lego" sound and feel of the hard plastic tiles. You may have been in an industrial area where you've seen this stuff.

And we sell the epoxy
http://www.carguygarage.com/epgafl.html
I wouldn't suggest doing the epoxy floor yourself unless you know what you're doing. If you don't prep the concrete right, your floor will just bubble and peal in a year or two. If you want the epoxy floor, I would suggest calling in a pro.

Send us an email at sales@carguygarage.com with the size of your garage and we can quote you on the flooring -- tell us you're from 6speedonline and we'll take care of you.

Old 03-11-2007, 12:40 PM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
Went with the Racedeck.
3.5 hours to complete a 3 car garage application, 2 people, no cutting.

Old 03-11-2007, 02:14 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JASCLASS
Went with the Racedeck.
3.5 hours to complete a 3 car garage application, 2 people, no cutting.
how is that possible? did you not run it flush to the walls and put the trim pieces on the edges?

or are you that .00001% of people who tiles fit right up to the wall without cutting?

Old 04-16-2007, 09:18 PM
sftobr is infamous around these parts
My 3 car garage took me about 4 hours using Racedeck. Only problem I ran into when I drove in my Murci,which is all wheel drive, I came in on a sharp angle and lifted some tiles up. Tried coming straight in and had no problems. Time will tell.Did have to cut in the borders.