Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

What can we do to brighten up the garage? (Cinder block walls)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 10:39 AM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
What can we do to brighten up the garage? (Cinder block walls)

Hey Guys, I Was wondering what we can do to make the garage a nicer place. last summer we had the floor and lighting done, but the walls are really bad. We live in PA which means winter conditions, mud, etc,therefore we don't want to drywall (it would be a mess). What's out there to help? Here's a picture.

Thanks

-Joe

Old 03-18-2007, 11:00 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
paint? xxxxxxxx

Old 03-18-2007, 11:37 AM
DERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of light
Paint and some nice horizontal stripes

Old 03-18-2007, 12:40 PM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
I don't know about paint... it can get REALLY humid in the summer, and we don't want water trapped behind the paint. Is there any type of "breathable" paint that would stick to cinderblock?

Old 03-18-2007, 01:10 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Try some posters or some sort of "flag/banner" up there....i have a few on my walls...and gonna order a cool JDM flag

Old 03-18-2007, 01:13 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Paint it. Just use a water sealing primer first. Make sure you use an good oil base paint.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 03-18-2007, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
Try some posters or some sort of "flag/banner" up there....i have a few on my walls...and gonna order a cool JDM flag
Haha you would John... and yeah, posters will go on after we fix the actual walls.
Originally Posted by damon@tirerack
Paint it. Just use a water sealing primer first. Make sure you use an good oil base paint.
Thanks Damon, I appreciate the tip.

Old 03-18-2007, 02:08 PM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
Hang up some pictures =)

Old 03-18-2007, 02:42 PM
I need to get you on a plane to PA so you can take some...

Old 03-19-2007, 03:56 AM
Banned
crazy1323 is infamous around these parts
I would reccomend the following:
1)Seal the concrete walls very well
2)dry-wall the walls, it doesnt have to be thick because the concrete will be behind it.
3) Paint the walls with a good latex paint. You could also use an epoxy floor coating system like U-Coat-It.

This way the walls will be "water-proof" and they can be lightly hose off to look great all the time.

Make sure the install is done on a dry hot day in order not to trap any moisture in the walls. Also, don't skimp on sealing the concrete. Make sure this is done well with multiple layers.

Old 03-19-2007, 05:56 AM
master_jcp is infamous around these partsmaster_jcp is infamous around these parts
Where is the SL600? Have you a second 996TT?

Old 03-19-2007, 08:48 AM
Illinicane is infamous around these parts
Lots of good advice has been given, and I could not agree more. The only other advice I could offer you is to install good lighting. I happen to have flourescent low profile lighting, with low temperature ballasts, so they will work in the dead of winter. It makes a huge difference, IMO.

Old 03-19-2007, 12:28 PM
Kevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the rough
Joey,

First thing is to see if you can tap into the house HVAC system and get a few HVAC leads and a return in there. That would really help with our climate conditions. Then you can use blue board (drywall for damp locations) and a very high rubber baseboard for the occasional water or snow spalshes. If you need help with this in any way......this is what I do for a living! I can talk to you and your father about options if you want.

Old 03-19-2007, 12:46 PM
Kevin, I can't believe we I forgot about you! We are having work done this summer (already have the plans)-- if my dad ends up adding the garage to the project, I'll let you know.

Old 03-19-2007, 10:57 PM
Kevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the rough
Joe,

Even if he wants a different set of eyes to look at the plans and talk to him about what he is going to do, I can always stop by. My website is in the process of having new pics updated and the layout updated a bit, so within the next week or so, take a look.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What can we do to brighten up the garage? (Cinder block walls)