Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

Epoxy flooring

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 09:23 PM
M3Tifosi is infamous around these parts
Epoxy flooring

i really hate to start another flooring thread, considering that theres a couple that r recent, but ive searched and ive posted and i found nothing.

has anyone had experience w/the Ucoat it system? it has a lifetime waranty and it looks really nice. plus its not cheap in price, like those hardware store brands. i know price isnt everything and really doesnt say anything about the product, but i have read that these cheap-o home depot and lowes epoxy foors suck and rip up. the industrial epoxy floors r a considerable amount more expensive than these floors. Ucoat it systems cost like $250-$300, IIRC, and r not sold in stores, atleast not that i have seen. the kit comes w/everything u need to do ur floor. not to mention it has been recommend on shows like 2 guys garage and the spike tv power block. so what r the pros and cons? is it good? should i get it?

dave

Last edited by M3Tifosi; 05-03-2007 at 09:25 PM.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:05 AM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
Hmm, I have the cheapo busted *** Home Depot Behr products and can't get that **** off with kersone and hand grenades. If you have a problem with it my bet is that it was either prepped or applied improperly.

I did a couple of my friends houses with it and they all look good and were relatively cheap to do.

Check it.

Old 05-04-2007, 12:41 PM
well thats the first good thing ive heard about those products. well if the home depot floors r that good i dont see y Ucoat it wouldnt be just as good if not better.

still looking for personal experience w/Ucoat it.

Old 05-04-2007, 07:36 PM
wbellinz is infamous around these parts
Like most things... it is all in the prep. Someone on her said Shermin Williams has industrial grade expoxy coatings for cheap. Try checking into that.

Old 05-04-2007, 09:13 PM
looks like im gonna have to. the main selling point to the Ucoat it, for me, is that it comes w/everything u need to make ur floor look nice, from the flakes to the sealer. it even comes w/some of the euipment u need to apply it to the floor.

Old 05-04-2007, 09:22 PM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by M3Tifosi
looks like im gonna have to. the main selling point to the Ucoat it, for me, is that it comes w/everything u need to make ur floor look nice, from the flakes to the sealer. it even comes w/some of the euipment u need to apply it to the floor.
By equipment are you referring to a paint roller?

Old 05-04-2007, 10:37 PM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
Well in truth, I do have a very important piece of equipment in a low speed floor scrubber and pads, it makes a pretty big difference in how clean the floor is when you start, however they are readily available for rent at Home Depot etc...

Personally I don't really like the flakes and you can have the color matched even though they may tell you that you can't.

The other important part is being patient when laying the product down. Its not hard but its not that easy either.

Take your time take your time take your time. It will take you at least 2 days and could take 4 depending if you clear coat it or not. Very cool when its done though and it will hold up. The only thing that has damaged mine is scratches from heavy metal objects and a gallon of some hot acid leaked and ate through it or part way through it.