Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

My RS loses 74lbs the hard way - Pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 04:03 PM
grussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud of
My RS loses 74lbs the hard way - Pics

Every piece of factory wire and the entire dash was stripped from my RS. The net result is 74lbs dropped. A custom race harness is being installed along with a Motec ECU and ADL3 display on a custom CF dash.

The RSR Individual throttle bodies have been installed along with the lightweight alternator and cooling system. This drops 25lbs off the motor.

The next step is to install 09 WC intake cams and a polycorbonate windshield.

Attached Images    
Old 01-06-2009, 04:05 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
You wouldn't happen to want to sell the wiring harness to the navigation unit, would ya?

Old 01-06-2009, 04:06 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
we need a new word for what you do to your cars..."modding" just doesn't get it..

Old 01-06-2009, 04:13 PM
grussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by bbywu
You wouldn't happen to want to sell the wiring harness to the navigation unit, would ya?
Sorry, I didn't have NAV and the harness is all chopped up

Old 01-06-2009, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by VSE Chuck
we need a new word for what you do to your cars..."modding" just doesn't get it..
I am providing my mechanic with a "bailout package"

Old 01-06-2009, 04:30 PM
pod
pod is infamous around these parts
Jesus !!

diet does not even begin to describe what work you have done there

Old 01-06-2009, 04:32 PM
Steve B in SD is infamous around these parts
Bailout?

Hey, if TARP funds are going to the tuner industry, I'm going to start modding my GT3!!

Old 01-06-2009, 04:32 PM
docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !
Although this step was necessary to achieve your goal, I don't know if I would have the intestinal fortitude to witness the actual carnage of having my car stripped down like that!

Cheers to you, sir!

Old 01-06-2009, 04:39 PM
torch frc is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by grussell
I am providing my mechanic with a "bailout package"

Old 01-06-2009, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by docdan
Although this step was necessary to achieve your goal, I don't know if I would have the intestinal fortitude to witness the actual carnage of having my car stripped down like that!

Cheers to you, sir!
You mean like this.......

Attached Images   
Old 01-06-2009, 05:27 PM
SoCal955 is infamous around these parts
WOW! Why not go with a cup car?

Old 01-06-2009, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by SoCal955
WOW! Why not go with a cup car?
Um........ cuz they are slow and have skinny tires!

Old 01-06-2009, 05:31 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Um........ cuz they are slow and have skinny tires!

Old 01-06-2009, 05:36 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
You mean like this.......

OMG! that is one hard core mod!!

Old 01-06-2009, 05:53 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by docdan

Cheers to you, sir!
CHEERS TO YOU forsure!
I do not come up to this part of forum very often......now I know why!
Never seen a Porsche that "gutted" before!
Like watching an autopsy on CSI,LOL
I think I am going to throw-up....

Stacy

PS nice work what are you hoping the car will weigh?

Last edited by justatoy; 01-06-2009 at 08:17 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My RS loses 74lbs the hard way - Pics