Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Nissan GTR vs 997 GT3 mk2 at the ring! Open this thread for the times

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 12:40 AM
JimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the rough
here we go. Let's see how long before the gtr guys starting creating accounts on 6speed

Old 05-24-2009, 06:30 AM
monaroCountry is infamous around these parts
This place will soon be inundated with GTR guys trying to argue that all these top drivers are garbage, that they do not know the track and how to drive the GTR properly, that they didnt spend enough time around the track, that the GTR was a detuned example, and that the conditions didnt suit the GTR.

Basically any and all excuses under the sun.

Old 05-24-2009, 11:07 AM
dsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud of
GT3 lovers vs. GTR fans, both of them are GREAT examples, and this topic has been discussed/argued over and over again. Love Both, buy both, or just buy one if you dislike the other. Both of these cars have outstanding performance as we all know, it will all come down to personal opinions.

don't hate, we are here to discuss and learn about what we love.

Old 05-24-2009, 11:25 AM
Former Vendor
Autoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud of
I think the 997 GT3 smiled at me!

I they are two different animals for two different animals.....

Old 05-25-2009, 03:09 PM
zizu is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by dsu*
GT3 lovers vs. GTR fans, both of them are GREAT examples, and this topic has been discussed/argued over and over again. Love Both, buy both, or just buy one if you dislike the other. Both of these cars have outstanding performance as we all know, it will all come down to personal opinions.

don't hate, we are here to discuss and learn about what we love.
+1
I don't understand this rivalry. If you like cars it shouldn't matter. even if you own one or the other. They are both outstanding cars but very different.
It seams some guys want Nissan to fail to make them feel better about spending more for a Porsche.
In the same mag. they reported that Nissan invited journalists to verify that the car was stock and the lap was legit. They all reported Nissan being honest and disclosed everything. Now Suzuki is an incredible driver and no doubt he knows the car better than anybody else. He did it in 7'26". That's a fact and that's what records are all about. Doesn't mean you'll be able to do it tomorrow at the ring. You can buy a fast car but you can't buy the skills to make it fast.
Believe me it doesn't matter what you buy, GT-R or GT3 you'll never be able to match this times ever...
I love cars and respect both Nissan and Porsche for given us such masterpiece.

Old 05-25-2009, 03:55 PM
Originally Posted by zizu
+1
I don't understand this rivalry. If you like cars it shouldn't matter. even if you own one or the other. They are both outstanding cars but very different.
It seams some guys want Nissan to fail to make them feel better about spending more for a Porsche.
In the same mag. they reported that Nissan invited journalists to verify that the car was stock and the lap was legit. They all reported Nissan being honest and disclosed everything. Now Suzuki is an incredible driver and no doubt he knows the car better than anybody else. He did it in 7'26". That's a fact and that's what records are all about. Doesn't mean you'll be able to do it tomorrow at the ring. You can buy a fast car but you can't buy the skills to make it fast.
Believe me it doesn't matter what you buy, GT-R or GT3 you'll never be able to match this times ever...
Nissan really set themselves up for a failure by trying to fool everyone that their car was faster than a Zonda and Enzo. Some people just wasnt easily led and refused to believe the time was legit.

Nissan inviting journalists to have a look around the car for any modifications.....big deal. How are journalists supposed to know if the car had a modified ECU and how much boost it was running.

Suzuki and the GTR are not mythical creatures with mythical powers. Suzuki is a great driver but is not any better than the other ring experts that only achieved a 7:50's with the GTR. Suzuki had even competed in F1 once, only completing two races and finishing close to last on qualifying, practice and race.

Old 05-25-2009, 05:27 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jimmy
You have to drive the GTR different then most cars like most drivers have stated to get the best times, get over it boys! Also WOW that GT3 cost dame near double
Is that the new catch phrase "you have to drive the GT-R different"?

Put Suzuki on any track with 3 pro drivers from Lemans, Rolex and I bet he wont be faster than 1 second if any than the others. In the same way, put him in the SAME CAR with any ring experts on the same day and he wont be any faster than a few seconds. Not 20.

Get over it.

Old 05-25-2009, 07:42 PM
ztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by zizu
+1
I bet you I could not tell if a single GT-R was stock just by looking at it. I would bet even more that some journalist really couldnt. On top of that you cannot see if a car is running higher boost and without comparison probably cannot tell the suspension settings. By pictures we know it was on slicks. Also we do not know if sound deading was removed from the car as well as other hidden objects to remove weight. I harly trust "some journalists" to verify a car for me.

The GT-R would have been much more accepted by now (like the Z06 went through) if their times made sense and could be similarly confirmed. IF they claimed a mid 7:30 or 7:40 (realistic) this car would have avoided a large amount of negative attention.

Last edited by ztnedman1; 05-25-2009 at 07:50 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:39 AM
Akira has a spectacular aura aboutAkira has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by monaroCountry
This place will soon be inundated with 911 guys trying to argue that all these top drivers are garbage, that they do not know the track and how to drive the 911 properly, that they didnt spend enough time around the track, that the 911 was a detuned example, and that the conditions didnt suit the 911.

Ironically, this is what people have been saying about all other articles/reviews about GTR vs GT3/Turbo. Funny how some people don't have problem believing the CAR magazine when the outcome is more to their liking. (Remember when the CAR magazine said GTR was faster than last year GT3? And we all know how that turned out. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...11-vs-gtr.html )

In this test, the new GT3 was faster around the ring. It's not hard to believe, the new GT3 looks and performs amazingly. Like I said before, the performance of these cars are so close that it really depends on the driver. Some drivers are faster in GTR, some are faster in GT3. They both really are great cars.

Last edited by Akira; 05-26-2009 at 05:23 AM.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:36 AM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Damn that GT3 is sexy...

Old 05-26-2009, 07:19 AM
CorsicanBB is infamous around these parts
You guys have to stop posting these awesome pics and stories about the new GT3!! I got a call from my Porsche dealer today telling me that my production date is coming up, time to spec the car. I promised myself to resist and keep mine but every story pulls me in the other direction. And it is just so gorgeous in blue!

Old 05-26-2009, 07:28 AM
BD-
Banned
BD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to behold
What's the 997.2 GT3's official 'Rohrl' lap time, or does it have one yet?

Old 05-26-2009, 07:29 AM
Originally Posted by Akira
Originally Posted by monaroCountry
This place will soon be inundated with 911 guys trying to argue that all these top drivers are garbage, that they do not know the track and how to drive the 911 properly, that they didnt spend enough time around the track, that the 911 was a detuned example, and that the conditions didnt suit the 911.

Ironically, this is what people have been saying about all other articles/reviews about GTR vs GT3/Turbo. Funny how some people don't have problem believing the CAR magazine when the outcome is more to their liking. (Remember when the CAR magazine said GTR was faster than last year GT3? And we all know how that turned out. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...11-vs-gtr.html )

In this test, the new GT3 was faster around the ring. It's not hard to believe, the new GT3 looks and performs amazingly. Like I said before, the performance of these cars are so close that it really depends on the driver. Some drivers are faster in GTR, some are faster in GT3. They both really are great cars.

PLEASE DO NOT ALTER MY POSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We get the point, you love the GTR and hate that its lofty and undeserved image has been tarnished. You probably believed that a stock base GTR can actually keep up with the Porsche CGT as per Nissan PR campaign. I guess that naive buyers and fanboys are feeling like they have been let down and are trying desperately to cling on to their hopes and dreams.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:35 AM
pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BD-
What's the 997.2 GT3's official 'Rohrl' lap time, or does it have one yet?
Don't know about that, but in the latest issue of German sport auto ( # 6/2009 ) was the supertest of 997.2 GT3. Horst von Saurma, the editor, did a 7 min 48 sec lap with a 997.1 GT3 in 2006, now with 997.2 GT3 the time was 7 min 40 sec. OEM MPSC N0 tires.
In the next issue they will supertest the GT-R, 'ring laptime will be issued too...

Old 05-26-2009, 10:41 AM
HK DRE is just really niceHK DRE is just really niceHK DRE is just really niceHK DRE is just really niceHK DRE is just really nice
Hi I am new here.
LOL, yes I just created an account and this is my very first post
Come on guys, 2 seconds faster out of 8 minutes total time- i call that dead even. Im not here to argue that Nissan's claimed lap times are real or overblown, but it is simply an amazing car.
I just bought a GTR last week, but I also own an Audi S5 and a 997 vert. Driving the GTR is simply an awe inspiring experience, when you mash that throttle it pulls so violently and accelerates like a bat out of hell. I dont doubt Nissan's lap times are real, maybe slightly off this test against the GT3 but who cares, its still LOL fast. And the thing is this car handles like its on rails and is perfect as a daily driver. I can give it praise all day long, but you guys are going to flame me for it so ill stop here.
Having said all that, I prefer driving my regular 997 more..its a very different experience- much more engaging and i prefer the raw feeling of the NA 6 more than a TT V8. So much more fun.
The GTR though i can say has unlimited power it seems, I have barely gone half the maximum speed this car can handle as the traffic here hasnt allowed that so far. By the way, my GTR has an HKS 600hp kit with exhaust, will post pics up later when I have time.
Thanks for reading my post. I hope my next car could be a 997TT convertible.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Nissan GTR vs 997 GT3 mk2 at the ring! Open this thread for the times