Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Help: Input on Spring Rates for Moton Club Sports

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 08:15 PM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of

What speing rates do you use on your 997C2S/GT3 Moton Club Sports?

Im looking at a set with the following:

Front: 0400.225.0450 = 450 lbs Front
Rear: 0600.225.0600 = 600 lbs Rear

WHAT DO YOU USE??

Is this good for a track/street car set up?

Thanks for the input.

Old 08-16-2009, 11:11 PM
Laguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond repute
mine has 600 and 800lbs springs and 168lbs helpers. Give Joey at BBI a call. He's the man. Mine feels firm, yet easily drivable on the street. On track, it's planted and on rails. Joey also balanced the car so well... inspires tons of confidence. No more bump-oversteer or understeer. Just pure balance that is 100% controllable.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:13 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
I went with a 450/700 spring set with my Motons. OK for street, OK for track, but I'm wondering if the 600/900 set that Moton recommends for my car wouldn't be better for the track.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:29 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Laguna_Dude
mine has 600 and 800lbs springs and 168lbs helpers. Give Joey at BBI a call. He's the man. Mine feels firm, yet easily drivable on the street. On track, it's planted and on rails. Joey also balanced the car so well... inspires tons of confidence. No more bump-oversteer or understeer. Just pure balance that is 100% controllable.
I'm not sure if it matters but whose springs are you running or does Moton have their own proprietary springs?

Thanks

Ranger

Old 08-17-2009, 09:47 AM
FilVII is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
I'm not sure if it matters but whose springs are you running or does Moton have their own proprietary springs?

Thanks

Ranger
Think they use Eibach springs.

For the thread question: there is a great difference from a c2 s and gt3's suspension, especially in buschings, sway bars etc so spring that could be right in a c2s, could not be in a gt3.

Old 08-17-2009, 01:02 PM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
Im will be using after market sway bars and eventually replacing all the rubber in the suspension, as it progresses to more of a track car.

Old 08-29-2009, 05:12 PM
Well I have decided to go with the following:

600# front
800# rear

I will be using 175# tenders on all 4