Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Thanksgiving from speedoflight :)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 05:28 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Thumbs up Thanksgiving from speedoflight :)

What's a better time than Thanksgiving to thank Joe the speedoflight for sharing with me some simple yet useful ideas for track duty.

After I change to GT2 seats I realize the seat belt warning light comes on if I don't plug in the OEM street buckle. So, I use the 6 point harness and then buckle in the street seat belt just to avoid the instrument warning light for couple months .... boy, do I look retarded lol. I noticed that Joe had an extra of seat belt buckle in the receiver - BINGO, no more warning lights. Joe was nice enough to share with me that the extra seat belt buckle can be purchased on e-bay for $19. They are not OEM Porsche parts but rather generic seat belt extension. You have to buy the complete set of seat belt assembly to just get the buckle if you chose OEM route ... $$$

You want to order the "A belt clip" with 7/8" width then just cut the buckle off the belt. Here is the link to the seat belt extension e-bay vendor. Seller is hidcountry.

No more seat belt warning lights

How many of us use blue painter's tape for car numbers? I am too cheap to pay $10 each time to buy the vinyl numbers on the track and live with some awful looking car numbers for the past two years lol. Joe pointed out to me that there adhesive printing media I can buy to print out the numbers with my inject printer and just tape them on the car. They can be easily removed without damage to paint. These vinyl papers are made by Papilo and I bought them from texascraft.com.

There are two kinds of vinyl paper. One has a glossy finish but is it not waterproof as shown below on the left with a little boy on the cover. The other is a flat finish vinyl paper and it's waterproof as shown below on the right with a dog on the cover. I tried both and the glossy paper give you a fancy shiny finish but the ink smear. The flat finished vinyl paper looks very good despite the fact that it does not have the glossy finish - most importantly it is waterproof and I just leave the car number on for couple months and I can wash my car without smearing the ink. I like the waterproof vinyl paper the most because it looks good and save time. You can design the car numbers every which way by using word or other grafic programs. Adding your personal design and pictures are always fun.

Thanks Joe for these great idea and keep them coming our way

Oh yes, I have no affiliation with either seat belt extension or Papilo vinyl paper vendors (and pretend I said the disclaimer really fast like radio advertisement lol)

Here is the link to the Vinyl paper and it's corresponding SKU numbers:

Glossy white vinyl film - not waterproof: SKU UCFW8511G

Flat white vinyl film - waterproof: SKU WVFR8511GW

Glossy and flat vinyl papers

Sure look a-lot better on the track

Last edited by mikymu; 04-22-2010 at 12:24 AM.
Old 11-26-2009, 06:18 AM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
hehe good stuff. got something coming your way from nurburgring. finally had time to send it out yesterday morning.

it's 5am and we've been driving for hours. vegas about 3 hrs more to go. wish me luck! happy thanksgiving.

Old 11-26-2009, 06:26 AM
Gus F is infamous around these parts
Excellent Tips!! Thanks for sharing, I'll buy those buckles ASAP!!

Old 11-26-2009, 11:15 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speedoflight
hehe good stuff. got something coming your way from nurburgring. finally had time to send it out yesterday morning.

it's 5am and we've been driving for hours. vegas about 3 hrs more to go. wish me luck! happy thanksgiving.
Wow, surfing the net while driving. That must be some serious navigation system! Thanksgiving traffic was pretty bad. Hope you were able to rest before hitting the strip

Thanks for the burger ring driving school info. Wife is set on getting the next generation M3 in couple years. We will do a European delivery and break in the car at the ring. Can you imagine the service advisor's face at Germany when we pull in the same day we took delivery to do the 2000 miles service

Originally Posted by Gus F
Excellent Tips!! Thanks for sharing, I'll buy those buckles ASAP!!
lol

You can count those seat belt clips as your early Christmas present

Old 12-02-2009, 01:07 PM
Hey Joe

Thanks for another cool gift direct from burger ring! Love the flag and hope to see you this Friday at Laguna Seca

Old 12-02-2009, 03:13 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
hehe. hang that in your garage as a constant reminder for you to go.

i'm still tentative friday. checking with inlaws if they are up to kid duty.

Old 12-02-2009, 03:46 PM
hehe. hang that in your garage as a constant reminder for you to go.

i'm still tentative friday. checking with inlaws if they are up to kid duty.
It's already up in my garage next to my supercars lol

I am looking forward to driving the burger ring when wife take Euro delivery of her next generation M3 in couple years .... or my Euro delivery of 998 RS in 2013 if VW does not mess it up

Tell your inlaws you will walk their dog for the next month if they watch your sons on Friday

Old 12-02-2009, 03:53 PM
Edwin814 is infamous around these parts
^ are those your hidden treasures, mike?

yup, those vinyl films work very well. thanks again!

Old 12-02-2009, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by Edwin814
^ are those your hidden treasures, mike?

yup, those vinyl films work very well. thanks again!
Yes, they are my other supercars until my wife smack me upside the head and say "wake up! it's your turn to change kid's diaper" LOL

You are on this Friday at Laguna right? .... I know you have no kids so no excuse

Old 12-02-2009, 05:19 PM
hahaha...yup i'll be there on friday

Old 12-02-2009, 07:13 PM
edwin, would you like to have a kid for a day?

Old 12-02-2009, 08:03 PM
marcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud of
Joe,

Installed those decals you pointed me too... they finish the car off nicely.

Thanks for the info

Attached Images  
Old 12-02-2009, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by marcw
Joe,

Installed those decals you pointed me too... they finish the car off nicely.

Thanks for the info

you're welcome mark. it looks great! you ready for LS this friday? you will need to do the "laguna seca mod" to pass sound limit. it's quick and easy and can be done at the track.https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-seca-mod.html

Old 12-02-2009, 10:25 PM
rotary rocket has a spectacular aura aboutrotary rocket has a spectacular aura about
Fantastic tip, just ordered some of the vinyl stickers. Thanks for sharing.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:30 PM
i'll definitely pass!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thanksgiving from speedoflight :)