Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

So when are we having a GT3 shoot out?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 08:49 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Wow didn't realize this would ruffle so many feathers...

To answer a few questions:

GTGP would be a great place to do this however we are holding off on the event till 2012 .. GMG is growing and I cant take the time away and I cant do both.
The 2010 event at Laguna was awesome... Despite the fact that many of the tuners who talk a good game didn't show up.

The GT3 shoot out event does not have to be very complicated.

It can be held at a track in Ca and run as a 1 day event. It could even be run in conjunction with some club race weekend to keep costs down.

It would be open to GT3's only. (similar to the 996 TT shootout the EC did a few years ago)

Rules need not be complicated but the cars would go through a thorough tech inspection before the event at the track.

I am sure I can get EC to host the event or at least document it.

Unless you all want to wait till 2012 and I would be happy to host this at the Global Tuner Grand Prix.. This would be give everyone PLENTY of time to prep cars so there would be no excuses.

Last edited by Fabryce@GMGRacing; 05-07-2011 at 08:51 PM.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:15 PM
Hayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to behold

Old 05-07-2011, 09:27 PM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing
Wow didn't realize this would ruffle so many feathers...

To answer a few questions:

GTGP would be a great place to do this however we are holding off on the event till 2012 .. GMG is growing and I cant take the time away and I cant do both.
The 2010 event at Laguna was awesome... Despite the fact that many of the tuners who talk a good game didn't show up.

The GT3 shoot out event does not have to be very complicated.

It can be held at a track in Ca and run as a 1 day event. It could even be run in conjunction with some club race weekend to keep costs down.

It would be open to GT3's only. (similar to the 996 TT shootout the EC did a few years ago)

Rules need not be complicated but the cars would go through a thorough tech inspection before the event at the track.

I am sure I can get EC to host the event or at least document it.

Unless you all want to wait till 2012 and I would be happy to host this at the Global Tuner Grand Prix.. This would be give everyone PLENTY of time to prep cars so there would be no excuses.
not ruffling feathers fabryce, just playfully giving you a hard time.

why not offer an open class for other porsches to run, C2S, Cayman S, Turbos, etc... just to involve those of us not fortunate enough to own and run a GT3?

Just a thought, but then again, you may get enough action from the GT3's. Would it be an unlimited class then I assume?

Old 05-07-2011, 10:39 PM
Laguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond repute
Why don't you host it at El Toro.... it's close, it's safe and is pretty technical to test overall handling and performance. I just sold my RS and would have loved to do this.

Old 05-08-2011, 05:35 AM
Mark GT3 is infamous around these parts
Fabryce, I would do it as you suggest. In my dreams the perfect weekend would be Rennsport Reunion at LS/Pirelli Drivers Cup/GT3 shoot out.

For most I'm sure this is about rising to the challenge rather than ruffled feathers. I think its a great idea and opportunity for everyone (tuners and owners alike) to make legitimate comparisons about what is available and how it performs. When the flag drops the BS stops...

Old 05-08-2011, 08:38 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
When was there a 996 TT shootout?

Either way, I agree with having more types there. Too many iterations of gt3's to just group them all together anyways, maybe group them by liters or HP ratio.

Old 05-08-2011, 10:06 AM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
I like the idea of doing it a real track "Rennsport" would be great but I dont think there is enough track time available at that weekend. Its going to be busy as it is. Either way the event needs to be held at a real circuit.

I agree that we would group the cars to some sort of classification and we would open this up to owners, tuners etc..

I will do some research on how and when we could do this.. I have no problem allowing other owners of different models to participate in some capacity but we want this "shootout" to be GT3 specific as there are more than enough of these models around that are tracked and have already been modified for track use. I don't want to end up with to few cars in other groups.

HeavyChevy, European Car did a 996Turbo shootout years ago at buttonwillow about 8 cars showed up and there was one driver for the on track events.. I am sure I can talk to EC to host or manage the event in some capacity.. They would at least cover it if nothing else.

The biggest hurdle will be the expense of the track rental and getting people to start signing up and not just talking about it..

Last edited by Fabryce@GMGRacing; 05-08-2011 at 10:09 AM.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:16 PM
jmenczer is infamous around these parts
You had me at "GT3 Shoot out"!

Name the date, and I'm in...

Old 06-15-2011, 07:03 AM
Mark GT3 is infamous around these parts
+1