Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

i hope this is some sort of joke

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 03:42 PM
ZBOSS is a glorious beacon of lightZBOSS is a glorious beacon of lightZBOSS is a glorious beacon of lightZBOSS is a glorious beacon of lightZBOSS is a glorious beacon of lightZBOSS is a glorious beacon of light
Old 02-13-2012, 03:53 PM
DAB+ is infamous around these parts
If that's true, looks like Porsche are trying to keep up with the neighbours

Old 02-13-2012, 04:31 PM
irishfan1985 is infamous around these parts
What a tragedy...I am very fearful that truly raw and analog cars are a dieing breed. I plan to keep my GT3 until I find the right RS

Old 02-13-2012, 04:45 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
When I see it I will beleave it, That is not even a gt3 in the picture. just another speculation

Its a great post, nice read and interesting info but I highly doubt the 6 speed gear box is dead. Maybe oneday but Im sure it will not be this soon. Just does not make sense. Everyone seems more than pleased with the current model gt3 and they only came in manual, Id be more than sure to think porsche would first try to faise the pdk into gt3 with it being an option alongside the manual before making it the only avalible gearbox. This just does not add up. I think many people will be disappointed if this truly is the new way of porsche and the gt3

just my opinion,

Last edited by lopro; 02-13-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:57 PM
snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !
I will be one of those who will disappointed!

Old 02-13-2012, 06:09 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
ahh, didn`t see this. just opened another thread, sorry!

by the way, a bit shocking if true!

Old 02-13-2012, 07:34 PM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
Or maybe they want to see how faithful the GT3 crowd really is? Maybe they want to know how many of us will ***** and how loud? There is a purpose in his statements.

Old 02-14-2012, 07:10 AM
YoopsRacing is infamous around these parts
again pityful news if this is true

Old 02-14-2012, 02:07 PM
maroli is infamous around these partsmaroli is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by lopro
When I see it I will beleave it, That is not even a gt3 in the picture. just another speculation

Its a great post, nice read and interesting info but I highly doubt the 6 speed gear box is dead. Maybe oneday but Im sure it will not be this soon. Just does not make sense. Everyone seems more than pleased with the current model gt3 and they only came in manual, Id be more than sure to think porsche would first try to faise the pdk into gt3 with it being an option alongside the manual before making it the only avalible gearbox. This just does not add up. I think many people will be disappointed if this truly is the new way of porsche and the gt3

just my opinion,
The six speed box is likely dead for Porsche, but long live the SEVEN speed

Old 02-14-2012, 06:13 PM
Waterboy is infamous around these parts
No big deal. When it comes out, it will be faster and lighter. I am used to shifting but could go either way.

Old 02-14-2012, 06:38 PM
evil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to behold
this makes no sense, why would Porsche go through the trouble of developing a new gearbox, putting it in the base 911....but not offer it in their GT car??!

Old 02-15-2012, 05:59 PM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
No manual would be a stupid move. They already killed the Mezger engine, now if the manual transmission goes away I will lose all my respect of Porsche...

Old 02-15-2012, 07:43 PM
ScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really nice
Originally Posted by evil panda
this makes no sense, why would Porsche go through the trouble of developing a new gearbox, putting it in the base 911....but not offer it in their GT car??!
Agreed that this makes no sense. Especially with this crowd. They will have to offer the manual. I may risk fire being shot at me, but the new PDK does make sense for the track - I will still prefer a manual just because it is more fun. I am into fun and don't care as much about lap times. If I cared about lap times, I would order a 991 GT3 RS with PDK without a second thought. I like HDTV and don't see going back to analog any time soon. Better is better - let's face it, but fun is also fun and that is in a different category. Two different points of view.

Old 02-15-2012, 08:41 PM
930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future
three months ago i would have agreed... but after driving the newest generation PDK ..I dont know... cup cars are sequential... it this the new sequential??? I can tell you more than anyone after owning 11 GT3's and two cup cars... I can tell you last weekend i drove the 991 on the track.... the PDK was insane!!!!!!!!! i caught GT3's with slicks..I love the third pedal i always will but i wont be a hater of technology

Old 02-16-2012, 07:05 AM
TurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really nice
Same info

Originally Posted by maroli
The six speed box is likely dead for Porsche, but long live the SEVEN speed
My dealer confirmed the same on the 6 speed, he indicated that the entire manual platform is based on the 7 sped Pdk tranny and Porsche will expire the 6 in order to reduce SKUs and standardize production. Sad.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: i hope this is some sort of joke