Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Need opinions on color of 991 GT3 and rims

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 07:04 PM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
Need opinions on color of 991 GT3 and rims

I was thinking of going the opposite of my last car which was black on black and go for a more loud and fun look given how the GT3 is a fun car.

Since the interior can only be black with red or silver stitching I was thinking of going with definitely the red one to add color along with red gauges and red air vents.

I wanted the exterior to be red with gold or bronze HRE p101sc or p40sc wheels like how ferrari did it but now I am wondering if that is too gawdy.

What do you guys think of that color combo? If you don't like it which do you think would be better? I definitely want contrast between the color of the car and the wheels.

Old 12-08-2013, 06:43 AM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
87 views and no opinions?

Old 12-08-2013, 07:11 AM
C4s Dave Is a GOD !C4s Dave Is a GOD !C4s Dave Is a GOD !C4s Dave Is a GOD !C4s Dave Is a GOD !C4s Dave Is a GOD !C4s Dave Is a GOD !C4s Dave Is a GOD !C4s Dave Is a GOD !C4s Dave Is a GOD !C4s Dave Is a GOD !
Question

red car black seats red belts black wheels

Old 12-08-2013, 07:28 AM
Trollinger is infamous around these parts
Red car, red stitching, keep normal dial. Not a fan of the red dials. Dave got it right. Personally I like standard belts but could go with red.

Old 12-08-2013, 07:34 AM
Cherryblock is just really niceCherryblock is just really niceCherryblock is just really niceCherryblock is just really nice
On my order I went with the PTS, Viper Green with the silver stitching, belts and white dials. Based on your interior selection ( which I like!) I think the standard white would make the interior pop ( especially if you opted for the standard brakes) it would really bring it together. Otherwise I would consider Carmine Red, had it on my Panamera GTS and it looked great. Any way you go you will have a 991 GT3!!

Old 12-08-2013, 07:35 AM
Cherryblock is just really niceCherryblock is just really niceCherryblock is just really niceCherryblock is just really nice
Ps my GTS has black wheels and headlights- really pops with the Carmine

Old 12-08-2013, 07:38 AM
trek737 has a spectacular aura abouttrek737 has a spectacular aura about
White exterior, black interior with yellow gauges, yellow seat belts and yellow deviated stitching... To match the yellow ceramic brakes...

Old 12-08-2013, 07:46 AM
Yellow stitching, belts and dials are not available on the new GT3

Old 12-08-2013, 11:59 AM
Plus I won't be getting the ceramic brakes. I may take this car to the track once and only once if ever. This is going to be a street driven DD. I don't like white for the exterior on any car so I won't be doing it with this.

I only considered red,black, or grey. My main preference was black or red because I could use the red on the inside to contrast with the caliper and color on the outside which is why I wanted as much color as possible on the inside hence the red gauges and vents and seat belts.

And I thought of the gold wheels like the gold color on the ferrari scuderia because the porsche crest has gold and red and black in it as well. But I was afraid gold rims like that may look too gaudy. Plus the significant other claims she will never get in my car if I have gold rims like on the scuderia. She likes the red rims of the GT3 RS though!

Old 12-08-2013, 12:06 PM
Check out the carmine red!

Old 12-08-2013, 03:38 PM
zooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant future
50th anniversary grey PTS. Clear lights. Bronze HREs. Trust me...

Old 12-08-2013, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by zooyorker
50th anniversary is a waste. GT3 or carrera s are the only options. Though I have been playing with the idea of a panamera 4s because I saw a black one with the black rims and it looked so good even though I swore never to get another black car.

But grey with bronze rims sound nice.

Old 12-08-2013, 08:39 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by speedsterr
Originally Posted by zooyorker
50th anniversary is a waste. GT3 or carrera s are the only options. Though I have been playing with the idea of a panamera 4s because I saw a black one with the black rims and it looked so good even though I swore never to get another black car.

Pretty sure they were referring to color, not model.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:17 PM
Former Vendor
HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speedsterr

We can mock something up for you, if you prefer?

Old 01-02-2014, 06:39 PM
BrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud of
How about this...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	porsche-991-gt3-c586901082013115850_3.jpg
Views:	2015
Size:	211.5 KB
ID:	316943  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need opinions on color of 991 GT3 and rims