Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Supersprint exhaust system for 997 GT3/RS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 12:43 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
Sounds awesome - that also answers my Q in the other thread. But, so it uses the stock muffler, no?

Old 02-11-2008, 04:19 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
WyattH the system gets rid of the side mufflers (total 42 lbs) and keeps the center rear resonator (not a muffler). With the lightweight flywheel and the greater revving motor the headers really accentuate the motor sound. The downshift throttle blips are awesome. They can be heard a block away.

I have dyno proven rwhp and torque as per the gragh. The best of all is the hugh gains in the midrange (3 - 5K rpm) which is the meat of your cars use.

Many systems out there. Check them out and good luck with the process.

Cheers,
GT3Ranger...Juan

Old 02-11-2008, 05:16 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
Didn't even know that piece was a resonator. Awesome!

So your system includes the FVD headers/cats - and that's all? The Race version eliminates the side mufflers, going strait from the cats to the center resonator?
I assume the sport mode valves are still effective? That sounds like a great setup and looks wonderful under there.
Dumb Q - Could you, in theory, also run bypass pipes like Sharky's with this, or is that not possible because the mufflers are gone anyway? And/Or it'd just be ridiculously loud?

Juan - How does your car sound inside? Any drone/resonance? Tolerable for some spirited/occasional DD?

I also wonder how the Cargraphic kits compare - Kit 5 & 6, regular and lightweight. Hm.

Last edited by WyattH; 02-11-2008 at 05:42 PM.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:59 PM
TSP-MIAMI is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by WyattH
Didn't even know that piece was a resonator. Awesome!

So your system includes the FVD headers/cats - and that's all? The Race version eliminates the side mufflers, going strait from the cats to the center resonator?
I assume the sport mode valves are still effective? That sounds like a great setup and looks wonderful under there.
Dumb Q - Could you, in theory, also run bypass pipes like Sharky's with this, or is that not possible because the mufflers are gone anyway? And/Or it'd just be ridiculously loud?

Juan - How does your car sound inside? Any drone/resonance? Tolerable for some spirited/occasional DD?

I also wonder how the Cargraphic kits compare - Kit 5 & 6, regular and lightweight. Hm.

That's the nice thing about the CG kits. You HAVE different options. From moderate loud to Cup Car sound with rear muffler delete. I wish they had installed the rear muffler delete kit # 6 when they won the Tuner shoot out again in 2007. CG'S driver, Marc Basseng told me he is convinced the the 997 GT3 he won with had a lot more potential with that set up if it was installed.

Theo

Old 02-11-2008, 07:26 PM
Theo,
Thanks for the reply. It's somewhat hard to tell the differences between all of the kits - I found 2 weight differences, and the same power increase shared by all 6 (7, including lightweight version of #6?) kits.

The Kit 6 (regular, and lightweight) include the OEM sport valves. Do you think even when in normal mode (exhaust routed through the CG mini resonators) that this would sound too loud? Kit #6 has the rear muffler delete (the big canisters on the side).
Kit 6, not lightweight ($1K+ more for 5lbs less), seems like the best IMO.

http://www.cargraphic.com/index.php?...,18,3187,3189/
--> page 6

Last edited by WyattH; 02-11-2008 at 08:28 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:39 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
WyattH the AWE system not only doesn't save much weight but only makes a whooping 10 hp.
lol.

Juan, what do you think these systems are realistically making?

Old 02-12-2008, 02:54 PM
^ 10 hp gain is okay - I didn't see the graph so I don't know if that is maximum gain in the midrange somewhere, or if that is the peak gain. Either way it's okay especially if the unit is well priced, sheds some weight, and sounds fantastic. But other systems HAVE been dyno'd showing more. But I, for one, consider much more than a few hp when looking for the right exhaust.

** I don't even own a GT3 **

Old 02-12-2008, 03:23 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
^ 10 hp gain is okay - I didn't see the graph so I don't know if that is maximum gain in the midrange somewhere, or if that is the peak gain. Either way it's okay especially if the unit is well priced, sheds some weight, and sounds fantastic. But other systems HAVE been dyno'd showing more. But I, for one, consider much more than a few hp when looking for the right exhaust.

** I don't even own a GT3 **
I would like to see a grouping of all the dyno plot currently available. Post them all in this thread.

Here is our original post, and I don' think you will find a more comprehensive development process.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...hlight=awe+gt3

Old 02-12-2008, 03:24 PM
Former Vendor
I also want to add that these tests were done in the sport mode and on 93 octane.

Lastly, we have a car here now that will be used for software development. G.I.A.C. reached out to us and offered to do a custom tune specific to our exhaust system!

Old 02-12-2008, 03:28 PM
GTS-R is infamous around these parts
^ 10 hp gain is okay -
I actually think a 10 hp gain with no losses anywhere on the curve is pretty good given how well tuned the GT3 is from the factory.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:35 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by GTS-R
I actually think a 10 hp gain with no losses anywhere on the curve is pretty good given how well tuned the GT3 is from the factory.
GTS-R, thanks. Glad you think so.

With all due respect, I think a few of our fellow board members need to be brought back down to earth.

We have over 150 dyno runs between two cars. Please see the original post.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by GTS-R
That's what I was implying...

Old 02-12-2008, 04:07 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Hello Mike, I understand there isn't much we can wringe out of these cars.
20 to 25 rwhp at peak can be achieved. In my case the gains in the midrange were incredible. I posted the dyno graph in this thread.

I do not understand why your system does not yield more weight savings. By the look of the components I'd guess a 40 lbs savings.

GT3Ranger

Old 02-12-2008, 04:23 PM
^ Agreed. The power increase is okay, the sound is nice, the looks are great... But the weight savings just does not seem right.

Old 02-12-2008, 04:46 PM
997gt3north is just really nice997gt3north is just really nice997gt3north is just really nice997gt3north is just really nice997gt3north is just really nice
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
Hello Mike, I understand there isn't much we can wringe out of these cars.
20 to 25 rwhp at peak can be achieved. In my case the gains in the midrange were incredible. I posted the dyno graph in this thread.

I do not understand why your system does not yield more weight savings. By the look of the components I'd guess a 40 lbs savings.

GT3Ranger

Juan

The only thing I think you should consider is that your pre upgrade dyno showed lower numbers than "I" would say should be expected in reasonable temps on a dynojet with good fuel. As I have done 5 different dyno sessions I can say that with very high temps the car can definitely step down a timing table or two or three. Your post upgrade dyno results look more like what others have posted.

I personally think 10whp is about max that we will ever see "across the curve" and I actually think AWE's charts look realistic. Also, given that some of the systems mentioned look very similar is it likely that one can realistically produce yet another 10 whp more?

I do think more weight savings are possible over the AWE system but I would also expect that weight savings and decible levels will correlate very highly.

The problems with all these sytems is that virtually every track is moving towards 95DB or lower limits so given a lot of people buy these cars to take them to the track i think if anything we likely see a lower DB after market exhaust soon.

I'm a very big believer in weight savings but i think everyone should be careful putting on a very light exhaust - an exhaust which will see extremely high tempts if you do trackdays.

Paul

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Supersprint exhaust system for 997 GT3/RS