Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Supersprint exhaust system for 997 GT3/RS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 04:56 PM
SWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud of
After quite a lengthy research on this topic, I decided to take my car to A.W.E. for their complete exhaust system. I was thrilled to find out that G.I.A.C. would be developing the software on my car and I can't wait to see how the whole project turns out. For those of you that have not been to their facility in Willow Grove, I suggest that you make the trip (it's well worth it). Mike is a great guy, he gave me the complete tour of the facility, answered all of my questions, and made me feel very comfortable in leaving my car in their more than capable hands. I have OK'd Mike to photo the entire project and encourage him to post the photos as it evolves (I'm curious to see these also). As to the horsepower gains, I think that at a certain level, the cost for the gain increases exponentially. As Juan has alluded previously, Porsche has just about gotten the maximum horsepower available out of the current engine, aftermarket tuning will have a more difficult time extracting the last bit out without destroying everyday drivability....I believe A.W.E. is my best option for this and I have confidence in their ability. Stay tuned!

Old 02-12-2008, 07:04 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SWATDoc
Stay tuned!

No pun intended.

Keep us posted! Sounds exciting.

Old 02-13-2008, 07:06 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
Hello Mike, I understand there isn't much we can wringe out of these cars.
20 to 25 rwhp at peak can be achieved. In my case the gains in the midrange were incredible. I posted the dyno graph in this thread.

I do not understand why your system does not yield more weight savings. By the look of the components I'd guess a 40 lbs savings.

GT3Ranger
See post #8 in this thread regarding the weight.

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...d.php?t=395540

Old 02-13-2008, 07:20 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Hey 997gt3north are you saying that my greater rwhp gains was because my stock rwhp was low originally? I do not follow this logic. Whatever the hp is stock, you install the headers and you get a new result. That number is your gain regardless.
Also stock GT3 dyno results across range 350 to 360 rwhp. The results of 385 rwhp for stock I have doubts. What's that a 6 or 7% DT loss. Unless your car came w/ more than 415 bhp.
The numbers I'm quoting come from multiple GT3's dyno'ed by Champion Motorsport and Fabspeed plus many conversations w/ others in the business.
Back to the original topic; you have a stock hp, you add a component and your new hp is your gain. What am I missing in your discussion?

Cheers,
GT3Ranger

Old 02-13-2008, 08:00 AM
997gt3north is just really nice997gt3north is just really nice997gt3north is just really nice997gt3north is just really nice997gt3north is just really nice
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
Hey 997gt3north are you saying that my greater rwhp gains was because my stock rwhp was low originally? I do not follow this logic. Whatever the hp is stock, you install the headers and you get a new result. That number is your gain regardless.
Also stock GT3 dyno results across range 350 to 360 rwhp. The results of 385 rwhp for stock I have doubts. What's that a 6 or 7% DT loss. Unless your car came w/ more than 415 bhp.
The numbers I'm quoting come from multiple GT3's dyno'ed by Champion Motorsport and Fabspeed plus many conversations w/ others in the business.
Back to the original topic; you have a stock hp, you add a component and your new hp is your gain. What am I missing in your discussion?

Cheers,
GT3Ranger
Juan,

What I'm saying is that yes I think it is possible given the high temp zone that you live in is that on certain days the car can dyno 5-10hp lower (my dyno sessions have shown this on my car). Another thing to consider is that as the car ages history would tell us that a car will dyno a few horsepower more - my own dyno experience has lead me to believe that with 14,000 miles my car now dynoes 3-5hp more than it did when i first got it (and I dynoed it at 300miles out of the box). My now 388whp numbers compare to when new 378whp - 5 or so is the FVD software - the other 3-5 is the car aging and the other 0-2 is the sharkwerks rear pipe i believe. The difference between my higher numbers and yours is likely the lower temps I'm dynoing in than you are + car to car variations.

Finally, having been at Watkins Glen for 2 days last year with a 3.8liter, 445hp Ruf RGT, I can tell you that a stock GT3 has the exact same acceleration as Ruf. There were 2 of us driving 997gt3s and a great guy driving a Ruf and we went out together on multiple sessions and played follow the leader - all cars were exactly the same. So, either the Ruf is over rated or the gt3 is underrated (which I believe).

Hope you are well

Paul

Old 02-13-2008, 08:05 AM
TSP-MIAMI is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 997RS FOREVER
News about supersprint exhaust system...

The following news from Italy. The pictured kit from 997 RS FOREVER is retailing for $7,238.00. Delays in delivery for headers ( April ), and rear muffler ( March ), might change. But don't hold your breath. The high flow cats, weird, are in stock.

Theo

Old 02-13-2008, 09:04 AM
GTS-R is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TSP-MIAMI
The following news from Italy. The pictured kit from 997 RS FOREVER is retailing for $7,238.00. Delays in delivery for headers ( April ), and rear muffler ( March ), might change. But don't hold your breath. The high flow cats, weird, are in stock.

Theo
Thanks for the info. That is cheaper than I thought it would be. Still alot of $$$ though.

Old 02-13-2008, 09:35 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
All I have to say is...those 20 bhp are only REALLY being used by pros or on the fairly rare complete DRAG race on a very long straight(as in you are right next to eachother at trackout and are able to punch it at the exact same time...etc)...On the track, though helpful, the better driver will still pass the other driver...same is my experience with those who have 550 hp turbos...and STILL gave me the big ol' left hand out the window...

Personally, the ONLY thing that I really like an exhaust for, is to HEAR the damn car in a race...so ya, some added power is nice and the weight reduction is a cool plus...but there is a point where one has to realize what REAL benefits are happening with respect to the huge amount some are paying for these exhaust systems...if you want to spend money to get your track times down, then trash the RS suspension and put some 4 way adj race shocks on, some hoosiers, real rs29s, and youll be down 2 ATLEAST seconds...rather than the .009 seconds from an exhaust...

Jaun, I respect where you are going, and understand the basis of your wanting, but, its kinda like, is that even 20 hp WORTH the 5-6k when there are so many other things that are far more beneficial time wise?

Last edited by sechsgang; 02-13-2008 at 11:34 AM.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by TSP-MIAMI

Theo
There is also a side muffler delete with replacement rear resonator for about $2000 (retains stock headers and cats).

Old 02-13-2008, 01:38 PM
TSP-MIAMI is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GTS-R
There is also a side muffler delete with replacement rear resonator for about $2000 (retains stock headers and cats).
Yes there is. Defeats the whole project of keeping OEM headers and cats. Car needs to breath !!!

Theo

Old 04-13-2008, 07:38 PM
jsdkms is infamous around these parts
DoNOT

Please do yourselves a favor boys and PM me for the scoop on the system that Herschel is trying to sell. I should know as I was the first one in the USA to install the system.

Old 04-13-2008, 08:07 PM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jiaim
It looks like the AWE Tuning exhaust, with less smooth curves.

+1
That was my first thought...

Old 03-28-2009, 06:46 AM
Anyone put a supersprint system on their car yet?

Old 03-28-2009, 10:03 AM
M3lelena has much to be proud ofM3lelena has much to be proud ofM3lelena has much to be proud ofM3lelena has much to be proud ofM3lelena has much to be proud ofM3lelena has much to be proud ofM3lelena has much to be proud ofM3lelena has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by GTS-R
Add another to the list, Manthey has a system. I don't have pics, but claimed 23kg (50.6lbs) in weight loss.
Hey m8 i think i saw your car yesterday Avenue pierre 1er de Serbie..isnt your licence plate ending RLX 75?

Dyno vid of the SS setup: http://www.supersprint.com/ISPI0000po997501.asp

Last edited by M3lelena; 03-28-2009 at 10:56 AM.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:45 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
To my knowledge the Supersprint headers and exhaust system has not seen the light of day. Certainly not in the US.
I remember the system and by the looks it seemed to have potential.
It had a long tube header design.
I've never seen any performance results from them.

IMO right now NO tuner or manufacturer's headers have made more power than the FVD headers I have on my GT3.
Champion Motorsport has been finishing R&D design on headers for the 997 GT3/RS. Trust me they will be great. I personally know their designer for 14 years and he's a Porsche genius.

Regarding Manthey components, well they are know to have a great history of quality but you must raid your kids college fund to afford them.

Ranger

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Supersprint exhaust system for 997 GT3/RS