Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

sharkwerks exhaust vs GMG exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 03:59 PM
mixedmac is infamous around these parts
sharkwerks exhaust vs GMG exhaust

Has anyone heard both of these in person? I am ready to get one, but not sure which one I like better, I have listened to all the stuff online, but as many of you know, playback on a computer versus in person is two different things. Thanks. I am in the Bay Area, so even if I could swing by to hear it, that would be great.

Old 10-18-2007, 04:44 PM
sfbimmer is infamous around these parts
just picked up my 3 from Sharkwerks last night and i'm really happy with it. I've only had my w/ a couple of hrs behind the wheel, but actually my brother (JWGT2) has had it for about a month now, so i knew what i was getting. He's got similar feedback--

sound is awesome. CGT-like is how I can describe it in sport mode. WOT has smooth throaty tone w/out the turbo-burble (is this even a word?). I know I'll get flack for comparing it to the almighty CGT, but it just does sound that great! Drone is non-existant on freeway cruise (!), which I was very weary of.

build quality. had a chance to see/feel it before it went on the car... high quality welds and finish. unlike other exhausts that i've experienced in the past, no massaging needed to get this one to fit right.

weight. drops a nice 18lbs off our tail-heavy cars too!

shoot me a PM to experience for yourself. I'll try to arrange for you to hear both GT3 (mine) and GT3RS (JWGT2) at the same time. and of course, KERMIT is always at their shop for preview.

good luck!

Last edited by sfbimmer; 10-18-2007 at 04:47 PM.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:21 PM
spidey is infamous around these parts
I heard the Sharkwerks GT3RS exhaust yesterday while I was doing a side by side "driving test" with ZKERMIT and my GT700 TT. I could really hear it as the rpm's increased. True Porsche sound. Heck, I'll even admit its better sounding than the TUBI on my Ferrari 355 ....