Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

PetFrog - Phase IV *pics* - Sharkwerks Straightpipes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 10:56 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Paris_CarreraS
I have a question.........
Cars needs some "back pressure" does these system have it?

maybe a stupid question......
Hey Paris, _not_ stupid at all... I think I addressed this in a post last night but I'll re-iterate it again...NA cars need some backpressure and remember he's using the stock cats again. The way the stock system is (quite different this time around) the cats are built into the headers so the drop in back pressure isn't quite as large as on the 6... We'll see what happens at the low end and high end as well tho.... The cargraphic changes the way the headers/cats are done and with higher flow cats you get a drop right there and right by the 02 sensors, which is true so we wouldn't do straight pipes on top of that (we did a cross-over etc.. for that set up) so it's kind of balancing out in terms of being the same as before (we'll test it and find out) since you've got the stock cats/headers and then at the "bypass" point it's essentially doing almost the same thing as it does in "sport" mode on a stock car and bypassing that stock center muffler. The difference now is that the center piece is no longer a resonated chamber. Make any sense?

Old 10-19-2007, 10:57 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by P97
Flame on! You will definitely get some on downshifts for sure! You know that ringing you get coming out of a night club? Well...
Hah.. you see me running away from the back end? I could feel the heat....

Old 10-19-2007, 10:59 AM
Brian Haske is infamous around these partsBrian Haske is infamous around these parts
Ahhhh ****, Alex put it back to stock, im riding in that car for the ALMS race tomorrow!!

Im gonna need earplugs!!!

Old 10-19-2007, 11:05 AM
PeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud of
damn.... my desk was shaking from the video.

Old 10-19-2007, 11:06 AM
Brian Haske is infamous around these partsBrian Haske is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PeterC4C
damn.... my desk was shaking from the video.
mine too, I even had some exhaust come out of my speakers!

Old 10-19-2007, 11:18 AM
BSM
BSM is infamous around these parts
Good lord! When does this thing make the cover of "Excellence" mag?

Old 10-19-2007, 11:51 AM
Rec Racing has a spectacular aura aboutRec Racing has a spectacular aura about
Incredible! The look, the sound, it is all perfect!

Old 10-19-2007, 11:56 AM
VICTAHH is infamous around these parts
WOW!!! That sounds amazing

Old 10-19-2007, 12:01 PM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
OK...You now reached the top...I can now say that I like this sound more than the CGT one...I'm completely shocked Sharkwerks guys...you are the best!!!
WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Congrats Fred!

Old 10-19-2007, 12:07 PM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
Just an info...how much would a GT3 RS customer spend to get the same system? So...how much does it cost?

Old 10-19-2007, 12:12 PM
Paris_CarreraS is a jewel in the roughParis_CarreraS is a jewel in the roughParis_CarreraS is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by sharkster
Hey Paris, _not_ stupid at all... I think I addressed this in a post last night but I'll re-iterate it again...NA cars need some backpressure and remember he's using the stock cats again. The way the stock system is (quite different this time around) the cats are built into the headers so the drop in back pressure isn't quite as large as on the 6... We'll see what happens at the low end and high end as well tho.... The cargraphic changes the way the headers/cats are done and with higher flow cats you get a drop right there and right by the 02 sensors, which is true so we wouldn't do straight pipes on top of that (we did a cross-over etc.. for that set up) so it's kind of balancing out in terms of being the same as before (we'll test it and find out) since you've got the stock cats/headers and then at the "bypass" point it's essentially doing almost the same thing as it does in "sport" mode on a stock car and bypassing that stock center muffler. The difference now is that the center piece is no longer a resonated chamber. Make any sense?
Thanks Alex

Old 10-19-2007, 12:29 PM
997RS FOREVER is infamous around these parts
OOOOOHHH Good job,
beautiful sound and design and this sounddddddd.........MY GOD
But why you install this sytem with original exhaust, you have the cargraphic kit5????
BEAUTIFUL PROJECT......

Old 10-19-2007, 12:43 PM
Banned
duc749r is infamous around these parts
Sounds great Fred, any more mods after this or is the car finished, lol

Old 10-19-2007, 01:02 PM
alkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by duc749r
Sounds great Fred, any more mods after this or is the car finished, lol
Fred seems to never finish!

Old 10-19-2007, 01:08 PM
CAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond repute
I am green with envy!!!! Looks great!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PetFrog - Phase IV *pics* - Sharkwerks Straightpipes