Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GTRS available

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 06:43 PM
spg993tt is infamous around these parts
Brandon,

I think its great that dealers send their representatives onto this site to promote and market their cars. Since you are here to help the porsche enthusiasts by bring this car to market at some 40,000 above MSRP, and have stated its a car title in the name of your dealer....i would appreciate a little clarification on the following topic which is very dear to the hearts of many of us.... so here's my question:

According to my understanding of things, PCNA is very much against dealers selling cars they receive as licensed porsche dealerships at prices above MSRP. People have posted various thoughts about it but i'm just curious if that prohibition is strict and enforced, what the penalties are for violating that.... One dealer i know in NJ, who seemingly found a loop in having the dealers principals buy the car and then flip it so the car would be coming from someone other than the dealer itself (though in my book, thats the same party), had no problem offering up a second car at 35,000 above MSRP.

So a) what is the actual rule/regulations which PCNA requests/requires/enforces as it relates to selling the allocated cars above MSRP; and b) whether its an absolute rule or something which just impacts allocations, how is it that your dealership feels comfortable offering the car at a price SO significantly above MSRP, above guideline pricing..how are you justifying this? what about your relationships with goodstanding clients who have bot many cars from you and should be given that car at msrp, as per PCNA? doesnt it concern you that, in chasing an big ticket one-time only transaction, you might totally alienaate a good client who might seemingly do far more profit with you over a few years? or worse, allienate prosche who might otherwise not give you other good allocations?

sorry for the seemingly loaded question, but a) it happened to me here in a really crappy way and b) you opened yourself up to it by coming on here as a dealer promoting a car priced WAY above MSRP presenting it as though you were doing us a favor.

thx in advance.

oh, and me, i 'd avoid that color scheme hard core. it looks seemingly nice, but at that kind of price above msrp, a buyer should really have the ability to get WHATEVER color they want. i have a white , i have a green. both are phenomenal colors, but white/orange is non-typical and quoting someone else, might require a roof marker. its too non-typical long term to maintain big collectible value. white black. green black.
hopefully you can sell that at a reasonable price.

Originally Posted by brandondexotics
1. I am the salesman, not the dealer.
2. I do know what Ceramic brakes are, I just simply ask about the abbreviation you were using.
3. I have a 2008 NOT 2007....I understand that there are other 08's showing up each day. However, my stance and initial post was that this is the only 08 that will have this color combo in the USA. (Orange and White)
4. Yes I have seen the one in Europe.
5. Global, it seems you like to make people out to be the bad guy when you made the first accusation and misrepresented me FIRST. I have a right to defend myself. I am not trying to create "static" to or with anyone.
I appreciate all that have posted non confrontational and supportive post towards this car, which is a piece of art. If you do not have something nice to say about the car, then don't buy it. It will go to the right person I guarantee. Once again, this needs no reply and I appreciate you all letting me clarify.

Old 10-27-2007, 06:53 PM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by spg993tt
Brandon,

I think its great that dealers send their representatives onto this site to promote and market their cars. Since you are here to help the porsche enthusiasts by bring this car to market at some 40,000 above MSRP, and have stated its a car title in the name of your dealer....i would appreciate a little clarification on the following topic which is very dear to the hearts of many of us.... so here's my question:

According to my understanding of things, PCNA is very much against dealers selling cars they receive as licensed porsche dealerships at prices above MSRP. People have posted various thoughts about it but i'm just curious if that prohibition is strict and enforced, what the penalties are for violating that.... One dealer i know in NJ, who seemingly found a loop in having the dealers principals buy the car and then flip it so the car would be coming from someone other than the dealer itself (though in my book, thats the same party), had no problem offering up a second car at 35,000 above MSRP.

So a) what is the actual rule/regulations which PCNA requests/requires/enforces as it relates to selling the allocated cars above MSRP; and b) whether its an absolute rule or something which just impacts allocations, how is it that your dealership feels comfortable offering the car at a price SO significantly above MSRP, above guideline pricing..how are you justifying this? what about your relationships with goodstanding clients who have bot many cars from you and should be given that car at msrp, as per PCNA? doesnt it concern you that, in chasing an big ticket one-time only transaction, you might totally alienaate a good client who might seemingly do far more profit with you over a few years? or worse, allienate prosche who might otherwise not give you other good allocations?

sorry for the seemingly loaded question, but a) it happened to me here in a really crappy way and b) you opened yourself up to it by coming on here as a dealer promoting a car priced WAY above MSRP presenting it as though you were doing us a favor.

thx in advance.

oh, and me, i 'd avoid that color scheme hard core. it looks seemingly nice, but at that kind of price above msrp, a buyer should really have the ability to get WHATEVER color they want. i have a white , i have a green. both are phenomenal colors, but white/orange is non-typical and quoting someone else, might require a roof marker. its too non-typical long term to maintain big collectible value. white black. green black.
hopefully you can sell that at a reasonable price.

Thanks for posting that you couldnt have said it any better. I think they also were the ones claiming they had your Silver one

Old 10-27-2007, 06:59 PM
IIVVX is infamous around these partsIIVVX is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by globalm3
Dont come on this board trying to trash talk someone that has been posting a little longer. I know what you said and if you dont know what PCCB is then how the hell do you know that its the "only" white RS? And you also said that you sold the white you have the silver one... get it straight bro and BTW this thread can be deleted and you can be banned according to the rules you are advertising on the forum without paying for it...

maybe you were the other dealer claiming you had spg993tt???

Old 10-27-2007, 08:13 PM
"had my silver one.." that was pretty funny. i think two dealers thought they owned it. this whole RS thing is making dealers, who typically arent known for being too ethicalal to begin with (uh, let me take that back in pursuit of being more gentle and kind..) let me say they dont do a lot to fight the stereotype of the typical car salesman...they do silly things...screw longstanding clients, jeopardize rleationships with porsche, misrepresent cars..
i mean, how in the world could their dealership put on their website that they owned the car, infact post an EBAY listing offering the car for sale, presenting it as if they had good title, when they never had title, when such title had never been provided by me to RPM/them? i mean if a Buy it Now person punched the button, what woudl they say? "uh, sorry we dont have the title". no way. i guarantee they take the 169k, then later "uh, the title is just taking a little bit longer".
oh yeah, lets not forget they didnt have possession of the car either. lets see, no physical possession, no signed purchase agreement with the true owner, no title..and you are SO lazy that you just simply infringe the copyright of RPM and perhaps SG by downloading our images, and then loading those up on yoru ebay site so you can RUSH like a chicken with your head cut off to sell an RS you dont own.... there is disgusting dealer activity and then that takes the cake.

i guess when there is confusion about wher ethat white/orange might be located, who owns it, are there one or two....yeah, we should take the word of these dealers...they've earned atleast that....on pluto....with cows flying up above...

funny stuff.

Originally Posted by globalm3
Thanks for posting that you couldnt have said it any better. I think they also were the ones claiming they had your Silver one

Old 10-29-2007, 10:54 AM
.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold
I think it looks great. but 45k over sticker is rough.

Old 10-29-2007, 11:29 AM
dont get me wrong, i think its a great looking car. but at 40+ over msrp, in what i've seen, any buyer should literally have EVERY color combo available to them. i know of green, white, black , silver and orange cars, all great cars, in the 25 to 45 range. i just think anyone down the line looking at the orange, may, or may not like white/orange. it might be a turnoff to many.

when you pay that much over msrp for a car, while i know youwant to enjoy and drive the snot out of it, i think you have to think a bit about resale value down the line. thats what concerns me. its atypical and if you read the posts here its something that some love, or hate. no in between and anything in between is probably a guise for the love of the RS itself, putting skin color aside.

Old 10-29-2007, 10:29 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
This car is up on Ebay with a "Buy It Now" price of $189,900.

Sure is a beauty.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/UNIQU...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 10-30-2007, 12:34 AM
Tipo815 is infamous around these partsTipo815 is infamous around these parts
I think the real number at the end of the day is going to be no more than $30k over for this car. I know of a '08 WITH ceramic brakes that is for sale at $40k over right now in green. Better equipment. Better color.

Old 10-30-2007, 02:22 AM
abenglaoshi is infamous around these parts
Not bad,but white-black combo looks better.

Last edited by abenglaoshi; 10-30-2007 at 03:45 AM.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:43 PM
SpeedDynamics is infamous around these parts
nice color combo

Old 11-02-2007, 06:11 PM
sjgreco is a name known to allsjgreco is a name known to allsjgreco is a name known to allsjgreco is a name known to allsjgreco is a name known to allsjgreco is a name known to all
Thumbs down Steven Creek White 2008 GT3RS

Originally Posted by fasteddiett
there is a solid white one in stock 2008 in san jose, saw it yesterday. FYI- no pccb either.

Apparently Stevens Creek just sold their White RS to Niello in Rocklin for around $28M over. Looks like Stevens Creek would rather sell the RS at a premium to another dealer than to a loyal customer or someone who would appreciate the car. That stinks.

Old 11-02-2007, 06:31 PM
KeyserSoze is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sjgreco
Apparently Stevens Creek just sold their White RS to Niello in Rocklin for around $28M over.
For $28 million they can have it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.