Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Me and my CGT on the production line in Leipzig

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 01:27 PM
MKS
MKS is a glorious beacon of lightMKS is a glorious beacon of lightMKS is a glorious beacon of lightMKS is a glorious beacon of lightMKS is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks for the pictures i really missed that experience.

Old 10-22-2007, 03:59 PM
Restek is infamous around these parts
@CondorCGT

You could test also the GT1?

Congratulations on one of the best supersports cars of the world.

Old 10-22-2007, 07:05 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
mashallah nice car. One of the best CGT out there.

I can tell why you bought this sweater nice match

Last edited by cayenne_ksa; 10-23-2007 at 12:13 AM.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:22 PM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
im confused i think another member asked. Is this a new CGT? I thought they stopped production few years back..... Are they doing a last limited run????

beutiful car!

Old 10-22-2007, 08:42 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Nah, he probably took these pictures a while back and just haven't posted them until now.

Old 10-22-2007, 09:31 PM
CondorCGT is infamous around these parts
Overwhelming response

To begin, I would like to thank you all for your kind comments about my car. And to answer some of your questions, an additional 20 CGT's were built after the high demand Porsche got when they reached the 1250 units. I was very pleased to learn that I was able to order one of the twenty with the color of my choice. I was told that when the production of the CGT ends, the Panamera will be produced in the same production line. I'm sure that that could possibly change. During the production of my car, I arrived at the stage just before the engine was connected to the carbon tub. The next day, I was asked to join the production team and had the honor of starting my car for the first time, for me I have never done anything like that before and it was an AWESOME experience. As for a Speed Yellow CGT, it was behind my car but I'm not sure about the chassis number. The standard production time was 2 days but whe my car was built at the end of the production the cars were taking a leisurely 4 days.
A short note for Kaizu, check my website www.jaberbinali.com and go for Dubai 24Hours, I had the pleasure to race with Horst Von Saurma, Uwe Nittel, and Jochen Ubler, we did very well and it was one of the best teams I have ever driven with. I've driven on the Nurburgring on a continuous basis for 3 consecutive years. It is forever the best race track in the world, the next race I will be there is around August 2008.
Master jcp I do have some other cars but I wanted to keep this thread for Porsche only.While my car was in the production line, there were other cars being built; you can see that in one of the pictures I have attached.
To answer globalm3 the pictures were taken in April of 2006 but the car remained at the factory an additional 4 weeks and this is a standard procedure as Porsche goes through an extensive check list to make sure that all CGT's leave the factory in perfect condition. I hope I have answered some of your questions and again I would like to say I am honored by your overwheling response, I wish every one of you will one day experience the proud moments that I have.

Old 10-22-2007, 09:34 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
I feel humbled that you were gracious enough to share with us your experience in going through the factory. I hadn't realized that they had built 20 more CGTs! You guys must have had some serious pull to have managed to get Porsche to do that for you all.

Old 10-22-2007, 09:44 PM
20 more CGT's

I just considered myself very lucky, you can say like everyone else that I am a part of the Porsche family and I know a few individuals within Porsche. And to be honest, posting my pictures and experience I wasn't sure what the outcome would be but it's overwhelming to say the least and I'm just glad that I am a part of this community.

Old 10-22-2007, 10:03 PM
Paris_CarreraS is a jewel in the roughParis_CarreraS is a jewel in the roughParis_CarreraS is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up

incredible pics!!!!! thanks!!!!

Old 10-23-2007, 12:15 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by CondorCGT
Master jcp I do have some other cars but I wanted to keep this thread for Porsche only.

I liked the "some cars" part bro.
Hey, we're missing you over here. It's not the same since you left.

Old 10-23-2007, 12:19 AM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
Master jcp I do have some other cars but I wanted to keep this thread for Porsche only.While my car was in the production line, there were other cars being built; you can see that in one of the pictures I have attached.
waiting for new topic in garage section

Old 10-23-2007, 01:55 AM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
Great pictures, thanks for sharing your lifetime memory with us.
For some reason seeing how these cars are assembled really makes you appreciate the brand even more.

Old 10-23-2007, 06:27 AM
My Garage

LoL hhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm I will check if I have good pics as I am sure I dont have all of them here I will post a thread with the cars I have. Hey Khalid same here you know I dont want you ( Mahafat Bleeees ) to be Lonely back home but for once i have to work

Old 10-23-2007, 06:47 AM
Alex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant future
Absolutely awesome pics! Congratulations to you and thanks for sharing with us.

Old 10-23-2007, 06:52 AM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
If you are ever back at the factory have Walter hold up a "6speed rules" sign lol.
Congrats, on the new car!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Me and my CGT on the production line in Leipzig