Me and my CGT on the production line in Leipzig

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 08:12 PM
CondorCGT is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up Thank you

Originally Posted by doc911
Congratulations.
It is amazing to have your car built before your eyes and start its engine for the first time in the factory. Also, having a ride with Walter Rhol is an honor.
I was wondering where were the Middle Eastern media from your teams achievement in International race tracks? Your team is an asset to our region in the Gulf.
God Bless you brother.
Thank you Sir . It was a lot of fun, the team who built the car were as excited as I was through the build and for them to have an owner share the time was great. I can tell you this, ALL of the CGTs were built with passion and perfection; I saw this first-hand you can see the team are very proud of everything they do it was more like a new born. One thing I felt was that all of them were sad to know the car will not stay in production after the few which where on the line going through the 13 steps.

Sir, I have raced for many years and one thing I have noticed was unless the Journalist is interested in Motorsports then you don't get much interest from the Media, but to be fair there had been attempts but the bottom line is we have to educate the media first before we blame them. I personally struggled with the Media since 1993 to the point we filmed the event and handed them the coverage, we did all the work for them and handed them the films but they liked the idea of not doing much work and just airing them on T.V and printing them in newspapers. I guess they were just too lazy to do anything; but efforts are still continuing to involve the media more in Motorsports. I have a very good friend he is one of the best in the world he is from Jordan I personally haven't seen anybody who can match his ability in Motorsport he is also one of the editors of a magazine we all know in our part of the world. He has covered many events around the world from F1 to WRC as will as events in Bahrain and around the Middle east, I hope we can see more like him as this will be great for motorsport in general.

With all the events I have personally done you will be surprised how small the team is. Just info my first race was back in 1982. If you are interested, I have a thread about my car collection it's under Garage Forum and select My Girls (Cars) Enjoy.

Last edited by CondorCGT; 11-05-2007 at 07:15 AM.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:46 PM
Thumbs up Thank you

Originally Posted by ClassicFerrari
What a great thread and car. Congrats!
Thank you Sir

Old 11-04-2007, 09:39 PM
kre8ive is infamous around these parts
Great collection and by the sound of it, an even better person. It's rare to find a person so open with their collection and modifications. Great to see someone take pride in all aspects of automobiles from Honda's to P-cars. I myself have owned many cars from Honda's on up and enjoy anything that someone puts hard work and time into. Whether they pay to have it done or do it themselves it's an art. Cars are blank canvas' and are begging to be sculpted, it's nice to see someone else who enjoys all vehicles regardless of the Badge they wear or the Price Tag. Enjoy your time in Alabama and when you get back home please PM me and I'll give you my address to send the CGT or CLK too, either one I would be happy with.....

Old 11-05-2007, 01:58 AM
ksxxsk is infamous around these parts

Did you have them color-match your sweater?

Old 11-05-2007, 05:29 PM
Thumbs up Thank you

Originally Posted by kre8ive
Great collection and by the sound of it, an even better person. It's rare to find a person so open with their collection and modifications. Great to see someone take pride in all aspects of automobiles from Honda's to P-cars. I myself have owned many cars from Honda's on up and enjoy anything that someone puts hard work and time into. Whether they pay to have it done or do it themselves it's an art. Cars are blank canvas' and are begging to be sculpted, it's nice to see someone else who enjoys all vehicles regardless of the Badge they wear or the Price Tag. Enjoy your time in Alabama and when you get back home please PM me and I'll give you my address to send the CGT or CLK too, either one I would be happy with.....
Thank you Sir for your kind comments. I agree with you that cars are like blank canvas; it is so rewarding when everything works well and looks good. I am all for function and not for show. I can drive my cars any day any time, everything works A/C, Radio, etc... I was once talking to an experienced race car and street car builder and his comments were don't take a drivable car and make it undrivable that's what most people unfortunately do with their cars.

Many ask me do I have a favorite, my reply is they are all the same to me each one of them has it's own personality and I like that.

As for sending you the CGT and the DTM, if you pay for the shipping then I will ship both of them (NOT)!!!

Old 11-05-2007, 05:40 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ksxxsk

Did you have them color-match your sweater?

Not really.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:05 PM
Thumbs up Cgt

Great picture of the CGT

Attached Images  

Last edited by CondorCGT; 11-19-2007 at 07:28 PM.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:47 PM
doc911 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by CondorCGT
Thank you Sir . It was a lot of fun, the team who built the car were as excited as I was through the build and for them to have an owner share the time was great. I can tell you this, ALL of the CGTs were built with passion and perfection; I saw this first-hand you can see the team are very proud of everything they do it was more like a new born. One thing I felt was that all of them were sad to know the car will not stay in production after the few which where on the line going through the 13 steps.

Sir, I have raced for many years and one thing I have noticed was unless the Journalist is interested in Motorsports then you don't get much interest from the Media, but to be fair there had been attempts but the bottom line is we have to educate the media first before we blame them. I personally struggled with the Media since 1993 to the point we filmed the event and handed them the coverage, we did all the work for them and handed them the films but they liked the idea of not doing much work and just airing them on T.V and printing them in newspapers. I guess they were just too lazy to do anything; but efforts are still continuing to involve the media more in Motorsports. I have a very good friend he is one of the best in the world he is from Jordan I personally haven't seen anybody who can match his ability in Motorsport he is also one of the editors of a magazine we all know in our part of the world. He has covered many events around the world from F1 to WRC as will as events in Bahrain and around the Middle east, I hope we can see more like him as this will be great for motorsport in general.

With all the events I have personally done you will be surprised how small the team is. Just info my first race was back in 1982. If you are interested, I have a thread about my car collection it's under Garage Forum and select My Girls (Cars) Enjoy.
Are we gonna see you in the track day in Bahrain at BIC this Friday?

Old 11-10-2007, 02:15 PM
supraboost23 is infamous around these parts
That was awesome!! Great thread... thanks for sharing!!!

Old 11-12-2007, 05:31 AM
ksxxsk is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by CondorCGT
Not really.
That's really some coincidence--that sweater is an almost perfect match. Maybe you just have an extremely coordinated sense of fashion.

Old 11-12-2007, 02:53 PM
Thumbs up Thank you

Originally Posted by supraboost23
That was awesome!! Great thread... thanks for sharing!!!
Thanks glad you like it trying to keep as Original as possible

Old 11-12-2007, 02:55 PM
Cool

Originally Posted by ksxxsk
That's really some coincidence--that sweater is an almost perfect match. Maybe you just have an extremely coordinated sense of fashion.
I was trying hard there

Old 11-12-2007, 03:02 PM
Thumbs up Alabama

Originally Posted by doc911
Are we gonna see you in the track day in Bahrain at BIC this Friday?
I wish I am in Alabama I have course here until next JUNE. The last 2 days I was in Atlanta and on Saturday I went to road Atlanta A SCCA event was on great fun but I was on the other side of the fence. I hope the track day went well for you???

Old 11-12-2007, 03:30 PM
zicoramone is infamous around these parts
Well...where was I? Damn...I missed the born of this thread. Thank you very much for sharing your amazing pictures.

Old 11-12-2007, 03:50 PM
Thumbs up Thank you

Originally Posted by zicoramone
Well...where was I? Damn...I missed the born of this thread. Thank you very much for sharing your amazing pictures.
Sir I am glad you like them and if I can recommend try to visit Leipzig while your there for the museum its a great Factory and if ever you can try to go for a ride on there test track. Lunch is a must its great food plus you have a mini museum to look around

Last edited by CondorCGT; 11-12-2007 at 03:57 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Me and my CGT on the production line in Leipzig