Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 12:10 PM
porschedk is infamous around these parts
Like the interior. Congrats.

Old 10-25-2007, 12:44 PM
monokuroboo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by cmcjo
I have never seen one until just a couple of weeks ago either. And I would have been very happy with Black as well. It wasnt easy to find a car with no stories and low mileage for sale in my colors.
Hahaha, if I had the choice, I would probably take any color... but by the time I can probably afford one, (like 16 years later) they'll all have high mileage and many stories I'd still want one though! I'm always hoping to see one whenever I go to beverly hills, but I only see other porsches, mainly turbos or gt3(rs) and ferrari's.

Old 10-25-2007, 01:14 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
THANKS
And anytime on the ride. It will give me a reason to go for a drive. I mean that too!
I will totally take you up on that...Ill PM you and we can see if we can get together sometime.

Old 10-25-2007, 01:47 PM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Sweet! Drive it in the best of health!

And I do mean drive it!!!

Old 10-25-2007, 03:28 PM
cmcjo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 911Blaze
congratulations on a beautiful machine!!! please respect the power..
http://www.sportscarmarket.com/content/carrera
Thanks, but why did you have to depress me with that sad link!.

Old 10-25-2007, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by jamie
Sweet! Drive it in the best of health!

And I do mean drive it!!!
Thanks Jamie I do intend to drive it as soon as I can master the shifting.
Luckily the shifting is smooth as heck as long as your a little agressive with the beast. A couple of more runs and I'll be there.

Old 10-25-2007, 03:48 PM
95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 911Blaze
i apologize... didn't mean to..
How could you not have meant to post the link...
i lost a friend on a bike..
My condolences, but please let the man enjoy his car without bringing up TOTALLY unrelated incidents, etc.

Old 10-25-2007, 03:57 PM
daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !
Nice purchase! Time to update that sig of yours!

Old 10-25-2007, 04:08 PM
CondorCGT is infamous around these parts
Smile Few tricks

I dont think I would ship the car there, I was hoping they let you drive their GT for training! I think they offer bring your own car training on a track in PA but I'm not sure
Hi I will try to find out more info on Porsche training courses and I will PM you once I do that. Today I have been thinking about a few tricks in driving the CGT, I wanted to share them with you I am sure there are other postings about it but here I go. The CGT engine is great but at slow speed i.e. Parking or just moving the car is tricky thats if you don't know about the Idle Control the car has, if you want to move the car you just have to release the clutch pedal very slow without touching the throttle pedal, the ECU should keep the Idle steady, if you touch the throttle pedal you will disengage that ficility. If you want it again you just have to press the clutch pedal and then release, you can do that in all gears using Idle Control, I use it whenever I am moving my car around or in traffic without any extra Revs which the clutch doesn't like.
The other thing I wanted to share with you is the CGT gearbox, whenever it's cold, shifting through gears is just a bit harsh what I do is use double clutch; for example 1st to 2nd you have to press the pedal shift the leaver to neutral, release pedal and then press again then shift to second, you only have to do this until the Gearbox is warm. You should feel it as it will be easier to go through the gears, then you can use normal one time press of the pedal and then release. I hope this helps

Old 10-25-2007, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by CondorCGT
Hi I will try to find out more info on Porsche training courses and I will PM you once I do that. Today I have been thinking about a few tricks in driving the CGT, I wanted to share them with you I am sure there are other postings about it but here I go. The CGT engine is great but at slow speed i.e. Parking or just moving the car is tricky thats if you don't know about the Idle Control the car has, if you want to move the car you just have to release the clutch pedal very slow without touching the throttle pedal, the ECU should keep the Idle steady, if you touch the throttle pedal you will disengage that ficility. If you want it again you just have to press the clutch pedal and then release, you can do that in all gears using Idle Control, I use it whenever I am moving my car around or in traffic without any extra Revs which the clutch doesn't like.
The other thing I wanted to share with you is the CGT gearbox, whenever it's cold, shifting through gears is just a bit harsh what I do is use double clutch; for example 1st to 2nd you have to press the pedal shift the leaver to neutral, release pedal and then press again then shift to second, you only have to do this until the Gearbox is warm. You should feel it as it will be easier to go through the gears, then you can use normal one time press of the pedal and then release. I hope this helps
Hey thanks Condor. Ruf told me about not giving it gas while letting the clutch out as well. I am having a bit of a hard time with that as that is not normal so I end up giving it gas. So are you saying that one should always not give gas or just beginners like myself?

How about on a slight incline? Would I still be able to hold the brake and slowly let out the clutch until it grabs and then release the brake or will I have to acutally give it gas to take off on the hill?

Old 10-25-2007, 06:39 PM
Banned
Hovik is infamous around these parts
Congratulations!
Hope you drive it alot and bring it out to the runs, unlike other Carrera GT owners in our area, that prefer hiding the cars in their garages!
PM sent.

Old 10-25-2007, 06:48 PM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
NEVER use throttle when pulling away from a stop. Even on the steepest inclines. Use the handbrake if necessary. That $30k clutch will last a lifetime if you do this.

Old 10-25-2007, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by Hovik
Congratulations!
Hope you drive it alot and bring it out to the runs, unlike other Carrera GT owners in our area, that prefer hiding the cars in their garages!
PM sent.
No hiding my GT in the garage. I had it out today terrorizing the local streets and enjoying the traction light that likes to blink every once in a while.

Now that I think about it I may even take it out now for a while if its not raining again. My 7 year old son keeps asking for a ride. No traction lights comming on with him though.

Old 10-25-2007, 07:09 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Congrats, you have reached the pinnacle (the CGT).

The saddest day of my life was when my best friend sold his 2005 GT/Terracota
CGT. I did go to Liepzig with him, however and I did DRIVE it, heck I even
spun the wheels in second gear.

Please be careful this time of year (cold tires/cold streets == not good;
I was a passenger when
the CGT spun its cold Michelins at about 80 MPH and scared both of us.

Enjoy!

Marty K.

Old 10-25-2007, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by daedalus
Nice purchase! Time to update that sig of yours!
Ok I did. Even added the new X5

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Goodbye Ferrari hello CGT