Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Is GT3 just out of control hard to handle?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 10:48 AM
Bodybag has a spectacular aura aboutBodybag has a spectacular aura about
A car is like a hammer (especially the rear engine Porsche )... if you swing it enough times, you'll eventually hit your thumb with it. So regardless of which car you buy, they both have associated limits and you will at some point get a chance to explore them, the result of the exploration is up to you.

My dad has had Porsche's since 1974 and has never had an incident in one. On the other hand, I've had 2 incidents in the last 10 years. I tend to swing the hammer considerably more often than my dad, so I've hit my thumb a couple times.

Old 10-28-2007, 03:07 PM
IIVVX is infamous around these partsIIVVX is infamous around these parts
that *** can be like a pendulum

exploring the limits is the fun part, just have some common sense while doing so

Old 10-28-2007, 05:24 PM
leif997 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by globalm3
So im really seriouse about getting a GT3 or GT3RS and just saying screw the Turbo. Even after owning the turbo I love the ride and feel of my C2S and almost enjoyed driving it more than the Turbo...

Is the GT3 a totaly diffrent animal? I take turns fast as hell and play around with my back end allot.

Is it true GT3 do not have traction control? Is this a good idea or should I stay in a comfort zone and stick with the Turbo in May?

Just drive it, man..just drive it...it will play with you the way you want it to

Old 10-29-2007, 02:29 PM
Bobsheeley is infamous around these parts
I've recently got my RS. I sold a X50 pack 996 Turbo for this.

I also do track days in very light (Megabus - UK thing!! - 500kg - sorry guys half a ton!) car with a bike engine in it (175bhp). I reckon the 996 stood no chance!!

The RS is totally something else, tracking adverse cambers and the like - truly something else.

But obviously you need to keep a safe brain engaged else for sure a visit to the Forest is promised!!

Bob

Bob

Old 10-29-2007, 06:53 PM
ARG
ARG is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by globalm3
So im really seriouse about getting a GT3 or GT3RS and just saying screw the Turbo. Even after owning the turbo I love the ride and feel of my C2S and almost enjoyed driving it more than the Turbo...

Is the GT3 a totaly diffrent animal? I take turns fast as hell and play around with my back end allot.

Is it true GT3 do not have traction control? Is this a good idea or should I stay in a comfort zone and stick with the Turbo in May?
I've had a Mark 1 GT3 as a road and track car and recently got into a Turbo for road and track. My opinion is horses for courses - Track a GT3 - Road a Turbo

Old 10-30-2007, 11:31 AM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
So you can get a Turbo and change the suspension out and make it a good not bad *** track car?

Old 10-30-2007, 11:43 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
see my formula...

a set of JRZ shocks/custom springs (by whoever) and the turbo will outhandle a LOAD of cars with the right driving...

Old 10-30-2007, 01:55 PM
Formula1 is infamous around these parts
The GT3 is more fun than the Turbo. If you spin it, so what, if you spin enough times, you'll eventually hit the apex.