Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

I don't know how VRAlexander (CGT) did it!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 10:20 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
i love the unique sound of the stock CGT. nothing like it. Let's be honest, F1 does not sound that clean. u can be loud with any car but try making it sounds like CGT is a different story.

Old 11-13-2007, 10:30 PM
silversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Vicious

IMO, it's no different than driving a .... big block camaro ......
Now, I can honestly say that I know what this sounds like

Old 11-13-2007, 11:20 PM
bavariamotorist is infamous around these parts
My Lotus has the stage II exhaust and it is pretty damn loud. Maybe not that loud, but 100 decibels at WOT.

I don't care what people think. It's a sports car, not a minivan. Granted, there should be limits, I don't feel guilty when I see Harleys and sport bikes causing the same racket all day.

Last edited by bavariamotorist; 11-13-2007 at 11:26 PM.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:24 PM
BLKM3 is infamous around these parts
CGT with straightpipes is the way to go!! I will own one someday...

Old 11-13-2007, 11:34 PM
Tipo815 is infamous around these partsTipo815 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RufMD
Jeffrey, the reason you can't rev those pipes in public places, is because you are considerate, don't like to be obnoxious, and don't feel the need to attact any additional attention to yourself.

Its really simple !

I can only imagine the cacophony your car makes...holy smokes !!!
Hey Jas! Thanks for the vote of confidence! I'd like to believe that I'm not the obnoxious type but the cacophony that the car is producing makes me feel like I'm being that and more! I guess you can get used to anything and perhaps a few more miles under my belt will temper my guilty conscience.

Originally Posted by Vicious
Tipo, what color is your car? I've seen a black GT down in Laguna recently.
My car is black with black wheels. There is an identical car in the area as well. I've seen it at Cars & Coffee. It also has black wheels. I have yet to take my car into Laguna due to the very strict noise regulations down there. I was stopped in my Stradale once for being too loud! The CGT is four times as loud as the CS!

Old 11-13-2007, 11:46 PM
Lt1Corvette is infamous around these parts
I have heard Alex's car in person. As incredible as it sounds, for me it would be to loud for frequent use. Between bothering neighbors and attracting the attention of Orange County Police, just to much. A four tube (similar to the Gemballa GT) exhaust with two strait pipes on butterfly valves and two muffled would be incredible.

Old 11-14-2007, 02:27 AM
Former Vendor
AutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really nice
The car is loud during cold start and start up for a second but it is not too difficult to drive the car within 'reasonable' loudness.

Old 11-14-2007, 02:30 AM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by silversurfer
Now, I can honestly say that I know what this sounds like
Well... how is it?

Old 11-14-2007, 07:51 AM
zicoramone is infamous around these parts
Cacophony or not RufMD is right.
With that combo you risk being murdered. An engine more than a half of that can triggered store alarms in the streets. The carrera GT straight pipes resonance probably will take down a bridge or something...wait....hum..ain't that cool?

Old 11-14-2007, 08:01 AM
ol'school is infamous around these parts
Straight pipes sounds amazing,but a bit loud for daily driving.

Old 11-14-2007, 09:38 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RufMD
don't be dissin' me yo...I ain't frontin'.....

Old 11-14-2007, 09:58 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vtgts300kw

and VrAlexander seems like an absolute tool.

I've met Alex, he is really a good guy. Great person to sit and talk w/ for a few hours. That said....his CGT was obnoxious, but wasn't a direct reflection of the man.

Old 11-14-2007, 10:07 AM
chrissurfr has a spectacular aura aboutchrissurfr has a spectacular aura aboutchrissurfr has a spectacular aura about
I would rock the hell out of the straight pipes.....its not like people have to hear you that long when you are haulin' *** cuz you will be outta the way quick......300 db ftw!

Old 11-14-2007, 10:09 AM
amirgt2 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 20C4S
i love the unique sound of the stock CGT. nothing like it. Let's be honest, F1 does not sound that clean. u can be loud with any car but try making it sounds like CGT is a different story.

+1 ....Right as always!!!

Old 11-14-2007, 10:39 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
I want to throw my two pennies in...

Yes, they are loud. However, interior nose levels are not much louder then stock. It's far from a quiet ride to begin with.

Are these pipes for everyone? No, but believe it or not some clients simply want more noise.

To this day we are still amazed at how many we have sold. What is even more comical is that when orders are placed, they all mention the Black CGT from YouTube. "I want my car to sound like that"

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: I don't know how VRAlexander (CGT) did it!