Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

I don't know how VRAlexander (CGT) did it!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 11:33 AM
ashokn225 has a spectacular aura aboutashokn225 has a spectacular aura about
The reason Alex got flack for it was because he went around revving it down Rodeo Drive. People are bound to get pissed. I mean like Vicious said, driving a CGT, even if it was dead silent, would **** people off. So forget about whether when it's louder if it's obnoxious, or if it pisses people off, because you're already doing that, but your love of the car obviously lets you not care. So similarily whatever sound you prefer is what you should do. IMO.

Old 11-14-2007, 11:34 AM
Tipo815 is infamous around these partsTipo815 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Mike/A.W.E.
I want to throw my two pennies in...

Yes, they are loud. However, interior nose levels are not much louder then stock. It's far from a quiet ride to begin with.

Are these pipes for everyone? No, but believe it or not some clients simply want more noise.

To this day we are still amazed at how many we have sold. What is even more comical is that when orders are placed, they all mention the Black CGT from YouTube. "I want my car to sound like that"
Hi Mike. We spoke before I had GMG order the pipes from you. As you mentioned it was Alex's car that created a demand beyond your expectations. Had you known how many of these pipes you were going to sell because of him you would have given them to him!

I have to admit one thing about the pipes - they're actually having a reverse effect on me than most would think. Instead of needing to hear the high pitched scream of a Capristo Level 3 exhaust like I have on my Ferrari I find myself upshifting sooner to keep the revs in check to minimize the loudness. It's actually slowing me down a bit. Never had that happen before!

Old 11-14-2007, 11:41 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Ill be another to say I like the stock CGT sound so much...

Ive got straights on my turbo though and its not nearly as loud as that but it does upset a good deal of bystanders and old people in cars next to me...especially on a hard upshift or fast downshift where the little "pencil tip" flame comes out...

Old 11-14-2007, 12:05 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tipo815
Hi Mike. We spoke before I had GMG order the pipes from you. As you mentioned it was Alex's car that created a demand beyond your expectations. Had you known how many of these pipes you were going to sell because of him you would have given them to him!

I have to admit one thing about the pipes - they're actually having a reverse effect on me than most would think. Instead of needing to hear the high pitched scream of a Capristo Level 3 exhaust like I have on my Ferrari I find myself upshifting sooner to keep the revs in check to minimize the loudness. It's actually slowing me down a bit. Never had that happen before!
Ah-ha! I do remember you.

Let me ask you something. Is there anyone that you trust that can drive the car while you stand on the side of the road and listen for yourself? You may be pleasantly surprised with what you hear.

At normal cruise speeds it's really not that bad. It's the wide open throttle that will make the window panes flutter.

Old 11-14-2007, 12:09 PM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
the sound of the straight pipe cgt exhuast is loud for sure sounds great and wicked but ,,

the stock for me still sounds sexy f1 one sound is intoxicating.. cant get enough of it..

Old 11-14-2007, 01:29 PM
drewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura about
i would love to hear in person what the straight pipes sound like on the CGT...anyone?

Old 11-14-2007, 04:06 PM
Banned
Kevin2772 is infamous around these parts
I absolutely love how that car sounds on the video. I just wish I could hear it in person. Pretty cool guy *****ing about it to on the sidewalk....

Old 11-14-2007, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by Mike/A.W.E.
Ah-ha! I do remember you.

Let me ask you something. Is there anyone that you trust that can drive the car while you stand on the side of the road and listen for yourself? You may be pleasantly surprised with what you hear.

At normal cruise speeds it's really not that bad. It's the wide open throttle that will make the window panes flutter.
Mike - Not sure I want anyone else driving the car ... will have to think abotu that one!

Some of the guys have touched upon something that I actually thought about as well. The straight pipes make the car loud but it loses the high pitched F1 sound as the revs climb. It's loud and there is a good tone to it but the "F1 scream" is sort of drowned out by the loudness. How do I get the high pitched scream back and still retain the loudness?

Old 11-14-2007, 04:30 PM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tipo815
Mike - Not sure I want anyone else driving the car ... will have to think abotu that one!

Some of the guys have touched upon something that I actually thought about as well. The straight pipes make the car loud but it loses the high pitched F1 sound as the revs climb. It's loud and there is a good tone to it but the "F1 scream" is sort of drowned out by the loudness. How do I get the high pitched scream back and still retain the loudness?
Spin it to 9500 rpm.

Old 11-14-2007, 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by drewTT
i would love to hear in person what the straight pipes sound like on the CGT...anyone?
I plan to bring it to Cars & Coffee this Saturday (17th).

Old 11-14-2007, 04:46 PM
vtgts300kw is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by HotRodGuy
I've met Alex, he is really a good guy. Great person to sit and talk w/ for a few hours. That said....his CGT was obnoxious, but wasn't a direct reflection of the man.
Whilst he's maybe a great guy to sit down and talk with and a nice guy in general.

How can you say that driving around the streets in BH videotaping himself trying to scare/ startle pedestrians been COMPLETELY obnoxious is not a reflection of the man?

Old 11-14-2007, 04:48 PM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vtgts300kw
How can you say that driving around the streets in BH videotaping himself trying to scare/ startle pedestrians been COMPLETELY obnoxious is not a reflection of the man?
You don't think it's even a little funny, driving around watching a bunch of up tight yuppies just about spit their starbucks through their nose?

Old 11-14-2007, 05:10 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !

Well, i for one think racists jokes can be . Most people label me as a racist for them. But i'm still a good guy (well my wife will tell you differently, but women are crazy)

Old 11-14-2007, 05:18 PM
vtgts300kw is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Vicious
You don't think it's even a little funny, driving around watching a bunch of up tight yuppies just about spit their starbucks through their nose?

How is it even remotely funny?

Old 11-14-2007, 05:20 PM
How is it even remotely funny?
I guess you just need to spend some time around those people to see the humor in it.

They all need to lighten the f*ck up a bit, yourself included.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: I don't know how VRAlexander (CGT) did it!