Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

I don't know how VRAlexander (CGT) did it!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 05:23 PM
Tipo815 is infamous around these partsTipo815 is infamous around these parts
I don't know how VRAlexander (CGT) did it!

After countless viewings of VR's CGT on YouTube I decided the most important upgrade I was going to make to my CGT was the exhaust system. In the videos his car simply sounded amazing.

It's been one week (and about 30 miles) since I installed the AWE straight pipes. I am speechless. I don't know whether to cringe, shout, cry, or go into hiding! I probably wanted to do all of the above inside the first 10 miles of driving the car.

How the heck could VR put 20k+ miles on his car running those straight pipes?? How he didn't lose his license, have his car impounded or vandalized, or beat up by some irate pedestrian(s) is beyond me.

I am a fan of LOUD cars but this is ridiculous. LOUD does not sufficiently describe the sound this car makes. OBNOXIOUS is much more appropos. I honestly don't know if I'm worthy of being able to even crawl in VR's footsteps since it was apparent that he loved every minute of his high revving adventures. I find myself NOT wanting to rev the car to redline because it will **** off everyone within a square mile of me!

I am not worthy ....

Old 11-13-2007, 05:55 PM
werksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to behold
Does that mean you are considering taking the Straight Pipes off now?

Old 11-13-2007, 05:57 PM
Chris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud of
Wish I could see it in person to judge it. Being a car fanatic I have no doubt that it would be nothing but sheer love though.

Old 11-13-2007, 06:00 PM
VICTAHH is infamous around these parts
haha. Nice write-up

Old 11-13-2007, 06:06 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Alex's car sounded amazing. But personally...I would have felt like a complete ***** driving around w/ them on all the time.

I know he did get some flack for them. There was a video of a guy confronting him on the sidewalk in Beverly Hills

Old 11-13-2007, 06:07 PM
Russkiy_M3 is infamous around these parts
I have seen Alex's car in person on numerous accounts. One of the craziest sounding cars I have heard.

Here is a pic:

Old 11-13-2007, 06:20 PM
ZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud of
It's probably the one and only mod I would do if I had a C-GT (maybe the factory lift kit too). It's pretty easy to fly under the radar as long as you don't rev it in places where there's a lot of foot traffic (I know, easier said than done). It really doesn't sound that much louder than many V-twin motorcycles that are running around SoCal.

And besides, by the time anybody turns around and actually looks over at what's making all the ruckus, you're long gone

Last edited by ZAMIRZ; 11-13-2007 at 06:22 PM.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:06 PM
SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !
Well I personally applaud you for being more conscious of others then yourself..I too would not like to hear that sound 100% of my ownership, I would put it back to stock and let the CGT Gods sing a high hymn of praise...

Old 11-13-2007, 07:19 PM
Tipo815 is infamous around these partsTipo815 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by werksracer
Does that mean you are considering taking the Straight Pipes off now?
I think I need another 30 miles to determine whether or not I can live with them full time.

It would be perfect if there was an "on/off" switch for the straight pipes. There will obviously be moments where the CGT at full song will be music to my ears but it's the rest of the time I'm concerned about.

"Around town" driving and cold start ups at 6:30am to go to Cars & Coffee are going to be very challenging. I guess time will tell ...

Old 11-13-2007, 07:22 PM
eMJay1133 is infamous around these partseMJay1133 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by HotRodGuy
Alex's car sounded amazing. But personally...I would have felt like a complete ***** driving around w/ them on all the time.

I know he did get some flack for them. There was a video of a guy confronting him on the sidewalk in Beverly Hills
Where is this vid?

Old 11-13-2007, 07:34 PM
SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by eMJay1133
Where is this vid?
Here you go MJ: very simple to do a search within this forum group:

http://www.car-parazzi.com/display/i...media_id=19109

Old 11-13-2007, 07:38 PM
eMJay1133 is infamous around these partseMJay1133 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SmoothCab
Here you go MJ: very simple to do a search within this forum group:

http://www.car-parazzi.com/display/i...media_id=19109
thank you very much

Old 11-13-2007, 07:44 PM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
Either way you really can't go wrong!!

Old 11-13-2007, 07:48 PM
S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !
Anyone have any idea what VR does for a living?

Old 11-13-2007, 07:53 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tipo815
I think I need another 30 miles to determine whether or not I can live with them full time.

It would be perfect if there was an "on/off" switch for the straight pipes. There will obviously be moments where the CGT at full song will be music to my ears but it's the rest of the time I'm concerned about.

"Around town" driving and cold start ups at 6:30am to go to Cars & Coffee are going to be very challenging. I guess time will tell ...

have you thought about some electronic cutouts?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: I don't know how VRAlexander (CGT) did it!